Rock Star 2: Supernova (Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted, and Gilby Clarke)

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did you watch the Flav this week Russ? haha did you ever google toasty like I suggested haha!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mesacardsfan said:
Did you watch the Flav this week Russ? haha did you ever google toasty like I suggested haha!

I missed most of it.

No I never googled it, I don't like to see her in clothes I certainly don't want to see her not in clothes.

I did see some pics of Storm today though, she does seem like she's the type Playboy would like.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm still depressed... Stormy!!! :thud: lol

I'm with you guys on SuperNova's music thus far. It's so "bland".

Just a quick note about Storm. I've read on a few different message boards (including this one) that she has a Kid Rock personality on stage. Actually she credits that to one of her favorites...David Lee Roth. Remember she is like 37 and came from that generation. Kid who? lol :D

Also...I agree with mesacardsfan that Lucas would be a good lead singer for a rock band. He's not my style at all, but I can see where other people like him. He has a pretty good stage persona, but growing up with those bands (GnR, Crue, Metallica)...I just can't see how they would be into him. He's more of a Cure type singer than a Crue type singer in my opinion. Back in my day we called them "Goth".

But judging by the music SuperNova has so far displayed...I must admit...who knows what type of singer they are looking for. Perhaps Lucas would work just fine with the direction they wanna go. A far departure from what those guys are famous for. :shrug:

Anyways...if he wins it, then good for him. I still think they are not really interested, but just carrying him to the finals for ratings since everybody on the planet except me likes him.

My money's on Toby, but who the "what" knows... lol :D

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It still cracks me up when they show the audience and it's like all 40 year old women acting like they are 20 again.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be a good finale. If form holds Magni will not make the final 3 because Tommy said his performance wasn't memorable.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm thinking Toby or Dilana...but Tommy is in love with Lucas so who knows. :shrug:

Not sure where Gilby stands with Lucas, and I know Jason does not want to have anything to do with Lucas.

If Gilby sides with Tommy...Lucas wins.

If Gilby doesn't side with Tommy...Dilana or Toby wins.

Magni is the best male singer of the bunch, but they don't seem to like his style. Especially Tommy. He doesn't want a singer who has a wife and kid cuz Tommy is all about a bad boy image and screwing anything with legs. lol

Hard to say at this point...if I was picking I would go with Magni.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I asked my wife if the clips of lukas singing for the survivor preview was a give away???

Dilana got a sweet deal.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
2 for 2 baby! Called JD from day one first season and Lucas on day one this season. Seemed to be the right fit for the band all along in my opinion.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nice work mesacards fan. :thumbup:
Can you go ahead and private message me over the upcoming lottery numbers now. lol :p

Horrible, horrible pick in my not-so-humble opinion. I'm used to seeing Tommy and Jason ROCK over the years! Growing up with them...that's what they did. ROCK! Now they have a homo fronting them. Poor Jason...he was the odd man out on that selection, but he's a cool enough guy to go along with it.

It's really funny...from the first night of this show way back in June...both my wife and I's least favorite singer was Lucas. Gawd! :rolleyes:

Anyone else (even Zayarte or whatever her name was) I would've been interested in hearing SuperNova music/show. Now I don't EVEN care. Suck...suck...suckity-suck! :thumbdown

I gotta say...I have lost all respect for Tommy Lee. The kick-ass poster I have hanging behind my drums in my studio is coming DOWN! Taking it down to Chinatown byatch!!! :madarms:

p.s. Really could've done without seeing Tommy frech-kiss Lucas. Homos! omg :eek:

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You can't be serious! Lucas or Toby had to be the pick, whether you like him or not he is talented. He seemed to have it all from the start, stumbled in the middle, but is the best front man out of the group!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Seriously, does anybody care about this band?
The songs I heard were average at best, and that is being kind.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
mesacardsfan said:
You can't be serious! Lucas or Toby had to be the pick, whether you like him or not he is talented. He seemed to have it all from the start, stumbled in the middle, but is the best front man out of the group!
Yeah the last few weeks, I was calling for Toby. He just gets a crowd going and looks like he's having fun up there.

Lucas doesn't look like he's having fun. Takes himself way too serious and wears more makeup than Brooke Burke and Dilana. lol :)

Also I'm not sure he really sings. He just seems to growl. Unfortunently, his growl isn't very masculine sounding. Also, to me he sounds somewhat constipated. Don't care for his stage persona as he dances around like a ****** having a seizure. lol :p

However...I could definitely see Lucas kicking ass fronting some big-time punk band or whatever he's into (Goth, EMO or whiney-ass).

I'm not saying he's a bad performer. He absolutely has a "it" factor for some band. Just not what I imagined those guys (SuperNova) would gravitate too. When SuperNova was playing their songs at the end with Lucas up there...it just didn't look right.

In fact, the only person who looked happy about him winning besides himself was Tommy. I'm now wondering when Tommy is gonna come out of the closet.

Anyways...saw this on another site that I thought was kinda funny...

- Supernova didn't want Magni because he's probably a better guitar player tham Gilby Clarke.

- They didn't want Toby because he'd get all of the best looking groupies.

- They didn't want Dilana because "she" is probably better hung than even Tommy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NMCard said:
I asked my wife if the clips of lukas singing for the survivor preview was a give away???

Dilana got a sweet deal.

yep my girlfriend said that immediately, they blew it we know who won they only showed Lukas.

I actually thought the new songs sounded better last night and Tommy got his new Mick Mars.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agree Russ they sounded much better last night with Lucas in front of them instead of the others. They sang the song Toby has sang with the band before and it sounded MUCH better!

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
O said:
Seriously, does anybody care about this band?
The songs I heard were average at best, and that is being kind.
Probably not O. Would've liked to see SuperNova not be so obvious and taken a chance to be a little more unique and original.

The music (SuperNova songs) are just barely okay. I think they had an opportunity to do something better with those songs had they brought in an fresh element making the songs a little more interesting. Now it's just par for the course.

asudevil83

Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:
Yeah the last few weeks, I was calling for Toby. He just gets a crowd going and looks like he's having fun up there.

Lucas doesn't look like he's having fun. Takes himself way too serious and wears more makeup than Brooke Burke and Dilana. lol :)

Also I'm not sure he really sings. He just seems to growl. Unfortunently, his growl isn't very masculine sounding. Also, to me he sounds somewhat constipated. Don't care for his stage persona as he dances around like a ****** having a seizure. lol :p

However...I could definitely see Lucas kicking ass fronting some big-time punk band or whatever he's into (Goth, EMO or whiney-ass).

I'm not saying he's a bad performer. He absolutely has a "it" factor for some band. Just not what I imagined those guys (SuperNova) would gravitate too. When SuperNova was playing their songs at the end with Lucas up there...it just didn't look right.

In fact, the only person who looked happy about him winning besides himself was Tommy. I'm now wondering when Tommy is gonna come out of the closet.

Agreed

the whole Supernova band completely sold out on this one. their music is definately not what i had envisioned, and was the same old **** that i've heard a thousand times before. Lucus is a poor fit, and his selection was based solely on the fans.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that each of the other three finalists are going to go on and have more successful careers than Supernova.

i've got a friend who is a complete fan of the show. we had this talk about how i felt that this whole idea for Supernova was just some sellout idea, and that neither Tommy or the rest of the guys really have much say in the band. even the name "Supernova" just sounds like some one hit wonder band, and that some exec thought up the name.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who's going to be next years band?

I'd love to see Guns N Roses minus Axl, of course they couldn't do any GNR since Axl owns the song rights and they can't use the GNR name since Axl owns that. But it would be worth it just to see how long before Axl crashes the show runs up on stage and starts cursing at the band.

Who knew when he picked the name Chinese Democracy for the new album that he wasn't going to release it until China HAD a democracy!

If I had to make a prediction I think Velvet Revolver would be a good guess I keep reading they're having huge problems with Scott Weiland and if I were going to start a dead pool right now he'd certainly be on it given his past.

Plus I think Slash would be awesome on this show "dude that was cool" falls off his chair spills jack daniels and starts cursing.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like those ideas Russ.
And thank you for leaving out Van Halen. There were a lot of rumors going around last year...thankfully nothing ever came of it.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
btw...Jason Newsted has spoken to tv in Iceland and admits who was picking who.

Jason: Magni
Gilby: Dilana
TLee: Lukas

Obviously Tommy has never been known for his smarts. His solo projects never got going. Why did he have the most say in choosing a singer then? My guess would be prolly cuz in order to get Tommy to sign on to this little project...Dave Navarro had to give the dog a bone. As in the final say. Nice work T-Bone. lol

Okay I'm done...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:
btw...Jason Newsted has spoken to tv in Iceland and admits who was picking who.

Jason: Magni
Gilby: Dilana
TLee: Lukas

Obviously Tommy has never been known for his smarts. His solo projects never got going. Why did he have the most say in choosing a singer then? My guess would be prolly cuz in order to get Tommy to sign on to this little project...Dave Navarro had to give the dog a bone. As in the final say. Nice work T-Bone. lol

Okay I'm done...

Tommy was listed as a co producer on the show as was Navarro, but not Jason or Gilby so I think you're dead right.

Tommy wanted Mick Mars I tell you!

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ahhh you guys, they just wanted the best fit for their band and they got it whether you agree or not they obviously did! And I was right all along haha!

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know what's cool mesacardsfan...

I read earlier today that Magni was rooting for Lucas because as the two became friends, Magni realized his own life was great. Wife, kids, great career in Iceland and stuff. Magni said that he had "something" to go home to. In his words...Lucas did not.

How cool is it that Lucas went from rags to riches. As much as I did not want him to be SuperNova's lead singer...I think that aspect is real cool! :)

Good for Lucas! :clapping:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say I was shocked. Thought Dilana was going to get it. She clearly was shocked and was in total disbelief.

Lucas was my least favorite of the group. Half the time I couldn't understand what he was singing.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dilana was way to full of herself and quite frankly I only enjoyed a few of her performances alot of them were bad. The Cindi Lauper one was actually her best singing performance. Glad she lost did not like her on stage perfomances really at all.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22