Roethlisberger's Accuser Says She Told Him 'No'

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The parts of this story that speaks to me most would be what her friends said.

It appears they were trying to get to her, it seems they were stopped.

Only two people know for sure but this isn't just he said she said IMO, there's a story arround it that is not painting a pretty picture for Ben IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Has everyone here not dealt with these kinds of girls before? I honestly don't buy her story. Now, Ben should not have put himself in that position at all, but these are 19-20 year old sorority girls causing drama at a bar where they shouldn't be in the first place.

I don't care if you buy her story, because she WAS FRICKIN' SEXUALLY ASSAULTED!!! Good lord, am I ever tired of reading people doubting this whole scenario.

The DA came out and said she was sexually assaulted. She was bruised and cut around the genital area. So, was she sexually assaulted by the sleezeball that was taking her into back rooms and having his posse keep her friends out, or by some mystery man later on that night? Good grief!

There isn't a single doubt that she WAS sexually assaulted. The question is whether he did it. And, whether or not they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, all evidence points to Big Sexual Predator.

Stout

Reaction score
Come on Joel. The woman in Georgia had injuries consistent with rape. Her family isn't seeking a civil suit. She had friends there who were trying to get to her and help her but were held back by Ben's LE buddies who were acting as body guards? The security tapes magically vanished as well.

What more do you really need. Do you think she did this for popularity?

Well said, Shane.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this woman were just looking for publicity, she'd have released her NAME.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't care if you buy her story, because she WAS FRICKIN' SEXUALLY ASSAULTED!!! Good lord, am I ever tired of reading people doubting this whole scenario.

The DA came out and said she was sexually assaulted. She was bruised and cut around the genital area. So, was she sexually assaulted by the sleezeball that was taking her into back rooms and having his posse keep her friends out, or by some mystery man later on that night? Good grief!

There isn't a single doubt that she WAS sexually assaulted. The question is whether he did it. And, whether or not they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, all evidence points to Big Sexual Predator.

If there isn't a doubt, why isn't he being prosecuted? Seems to me that Ben took advantage of her, but I think her conflicting stories paint a pretty honest picture that this is more about regret and her snotty friends disapproving of what she was going than it is about her saying "no".

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there isn't a doubt, why isn't he being prosecuted? Seems to me that Ben took advantage of her, but I think her conflicting stories paint a pretty honest picture that this is more about regret and her snotty friends disapproving of what she was going than it is about her saying "no".

You plain and simply don't get the injuries consistent with rape when you consent to sex.

You of all people should know that many DA's will only go on a case especially high profile ones if they feel they can get a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt. So just the mere fact that he isn't being prosecuted doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Reaction score
Has everyone here not dealt with these kinds of girls before? I honestly don't buy her story. Now, Ben should not have put himself in that position at all, but these are 19-20 year old sorority girls causing drama at a bar where they shouldn't be in the first place.

I was going respond to your posts, but you wouldn't "hear" it anyway...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not at all.

I don't do drugs. I don't put myself in situations where I am around drugs.

AFAIC at the moment, everything is heresy. Ben hasn't told his side of the story. I don't believe we have the whole story here.

"hearsay?" or do you really mean everything is an opinion or doctrine at variance with accepted religious beliefs?

BIM

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

uh, no. i haven't. and neither has literally ANYONE that i know. this is a common occurrence for you and your social circle?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

The girl is guilty of one thing - being a 20 year-old college kid... She did what far too many college kids do - drink excessively. To the point where she was barely conscious. She now can't consistently recall the exact details of the night. This is the only reason why there are no charges being brought forward as the prosecutor realized his client would be carved up in a court...
The fact that Rothlisberger chose to prey on a 20 year-old, virtually unconscious girl speaks volumes about the guy. He has serious, serious issues and I hope for his sake, as well as other not yet attacked and defenseless women/girls that he seeks help immediately.

Reaction score
The girl is guilty of one thing - being a 20 year-old college kid... She did what far too many college kids do - drink excessively. To the point where she was barely conscious. She now can't consistently recall the exact details of the night. This is the only reason why there are no charges being brought forward as the prosecutor realized his client would be carved up in a court...
The fact that Rothlisberger chose to prey on a 20 year-old, virtually unconscious girl speaks volumes about the guy. He has serious, serious issues and I hope for his sake, as well as other not yet attacked and defenseless women/girls that he seeks help immediately.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Very well said, 82.

This guy has a great big problem. I doubt highly he'll get help on his own. It will only come when the league and/or the Steelers and/or some of his saner friends get him into some kind of treatment. And that will probably only come when either charges are filed against him or he gets put on suspension by the league.

I'm all for due process, but if you read through what's out there concerning what has happened and what Roethlisburger's M.O. is, there comes a time when the Rooneys or Goodell or both need to say, "Enough."

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
My take on this is that she meant to say NO! DONT! STOP! but instead it came out No, dont stop!!!!! With all the loud music in the club I see how that easily could have been mistaken. :sarcasm:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not being a jerk here, but where does it say that she had injuries? Again, am I overlooking something?

If that's the case that they have documented injury, then my mind will change about this.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Her own report stated that "he had sex with me". Had she been raped, don't you think she would have said "he raped me?"

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree with you that he should not have been chasing after underage girls in a bar.

There have however been cases where girls get wasted, sleep with someone, then change their story out of embarrassment to say they were raped or drugged or taken advantage of. This just reminds of that, and it bothers me that everyone is ready to hang Ben from the gallows when there are some red flags coming from the alleged victim and her friends.

Stout

Reaction score
I'm not being a jerk here, but where does it say that she had injuries? Again, am I overlooking something?

If that's the case that they have documented injury, then my mind will change about this.

The DA reported it live, in his press conference. It doesn't get any more solid than that.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I agree with you that he should not have been chasing after underage girls in a bar.

There have however been cases where girls get wasted, sleep with someone, then change their story out of embarrassment to say they were raped or drugged or taken advantage of. This just reminds of that, and it bothers me that everyone is ready to hang Ben from the gallows when there are some red flags coming from the alleged victim and her friends.

"red flags"?? Such as??

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score

Speaking as a law enforcement officer in VA, if she is drunk then she cannot form consent. Reports from her friends indicate that she was obviously drunk and they were worried about her. Even if she said yes, in her intoxicated state she could be legally raped.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Speaking as a law enforcement officer in VA, if she is drunk then she cannot form consent. Reports from her friends indicate that she was obviously drunk and they were worried about her. Even if she said yes, in her intoxicated state she could be legally raped.

As a defense attorney, I would love to be handed the "she was drunk, she couldn't consent!" card every single time. I mean, where do we draw the line? If drunk hook ups are rape, I should be serving a life sentence.

Another interesting tidbit that came out from the investigation:

The folk at TheSmokingGun.com have found in the 527 pages released by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation a summary of the March 13, 2010 interview of Steelers right tackle Willie Colon.

Colon explained that Roethlisberger, Colon, and several others (including Steelers teammates Darnell Stapleton and Ramon Foster) had traveled to Roethlisberger's home in the Lake Oconee area to celebrate the quarterback's birthday. The group had stayed at Roethlisberger's residence all week.

As to the evening of March 4, Colon said that, at a bar called The Brick, the alleged victim "repeatedly attempted to get Roethlisberger's attention which included pinching him." She told Colon that her nickname is "DTF" and when he asked her what that means she said "down to f--k."

Colon became frustrated by the fact that girls were trying to talk to Roethlisberger "through" him, and he eventually concluded that it was "gay."

Later, at the nightclub where the alleged incident occurred, Colon initially decided that the VIP room where Roethlisberger's group had congregated was a "sausage party," because there were too many men and not enough women. Eventually, went back to the VIP room and saw a small crowd of women around Roethlisberger. Colon explained that the group often had to deal with "jealous boyfriends," so they kept men out of the VIP room.

The portion of Colon's statement appearing at TheSmokingGun.com doesn't address whether he witnessed any of the events surrounding the alleged incident. Colon's agent, Joe Linta, previously said that "Willie, although he was in the building, had no knowledge of the incident and his name should not be brought up about this incident again."

Well, so much for that.

And there goes any appetite I might ever have for sausage.

source

Again, Ben never should have put himself in the position he was in to be accused of anything. However, this girl also should not have been at the bar, giving off all the signals she was reportedly giving. When everyone is drunk, its pretty easy for things to go down a regrettable path very, very fast.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the women he associates with aren't the smartest, or most innocent types. That's the old and tired defense of it not being a rape because the woman was a known ****. It doesn't matter what the woman's prior actions are the moment it passes the point of being consensual activity.

And I would argue that these are the women that are sometimes targeted. If a woman has a reputation for being "easy" then it's easier for the guy to say it was consentual and she regretted it after the fact.

If I was a woman and raped, or if my wife or daughter were, I would try to get him locked up for life. I wouldn't care about my name getting in the public.

Well, you aren't a woman and your reputation isn't on the line. This woman will always be associated with this case. When she goes to interview for a job, she will be the one that was drunk and assaulted by Roethlisberger. Her creditibility will always be questioned. Hell, we are questioning it on this board and we don't know a damned thing about her other than she is 20 and she was drinking.

Which makes me bring up another issue. Underage drinking is illegal. The bar should be cited.

She tried. DA while admittedly thinks something happened doesnt think he could convince a jury BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.

And it is hard to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt in cases like this, I would guess. I certainly wouldn't want people bringing up my sexual past in a court of law because I was raped.

There is a difference of 1.) saying no and 2.)feeling regretful after the fact. If I were attacked, I would go the end of the earth for justice. So, maybe I just don't understand why these women are not coming after him criminally.

I think a bunch of these girls are star struck. Then they end up doing something with said "star". Afterward, they talk to a friend or so and they are scolded "what the hell are you thinking? Don't you know he is a sexual predator?" Then all of a sudden it turns to "Oh yeah, I think he attacked me too".

It just doesn't add up to me.

If I were attacked, again, I would be out for retribution and justice.

You don't understand because you aren't a woman. And those types of conversations don't happen between women, at least in my circles. Yes, she is younger, but just because you're young and make choices that might not be the best, doesn't mean you aren't raped. My friends and I thank God regularly that our not-so-good choices didn't lead to something bad. Just because you make a bad choice doesn't mean you aren't a victim of a crime.

Gut feeling.

The situations will be different, but we will see these types of accusations more and more.

Perhaps. I am kinda happy to see the shift being placed on the accused. For too long we have seen the victim on trial for putting herself in "bad" situations. Now rich and famous men have to worry about the situations they put themselves into. Tit for tat.

If this woman were just looking for publicity, she'd have released her NAME.

Yup. As a woman, I can't see why any woman would come out and look for publicity in a situation like this. Why not just say "I had sex with Ben?" kinda like all those chicks that had sex with Tiger?

Her own report stated that "he had sex with me". Had she been raped, don't you think she would have said "he raped me?"

No. Saying you had sex with someone gives you some sort of control over the situation. Saying you were raped makes you a victim.

There is no woman I know that wants to come forward with a rape allegation. It is not an easy thing to accept or get over, whether the guy is famous or not.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I would argue that these are the women that are sometimes targeted. If a woman has a reputation for being "easy" then it's easier for the guy to say it was consentual and she regretted it after the fact.

Well, you aren't a woman and your reputation isn't on the line. This woman will always be associated with this case. When she goes to interview for a job, she will be the one that was drunk and assaulted by Roethlisberger. Her creditibility will always be questioned. Hell, we are questioning it on this board and we don't know a damned thing about her other than she is 20 and she was drinking.

Which makes me bring up another issue. Underage drinking is illegal. The bar should be cited.

And it is hard to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt in cases like this, I would guess. I certainly wouldn't want people bringing up my sexual past in a court of law because I was raped.

You don't understand because you aren't a woman. And those types of conversations don't happen between women, at least in my circles. Yes, she is younger, but just because you're young and make choices that might not be the best, doesn't mean you aren't raped. My friends and I thank God regularly that our not-so-good choices didn't lead to something bad. Just because you make a bad choice doesn't mean you aren't a victim of a crime.

Perhaps. I am kinda happy to see the shift being placed on the accused. For too long we have seen the victim on trial for putting herself in "bad" situations. Now rich and famous men have to worry about the situations they put themselves into. Tit for tat.

Yup. As a woman, I can't see why any woman would come out and look for publicity in a situation like this. Why not just say "I had sex with Ben?" kinda like all those chicks that had sex with Tiger?

No. Saying you had sex with someone gives you some sort of control over the situation. Saying you were raped makes you a victim.

There is no woman I know that wants to come forward with a rape allegation. It is not an easy thing to accept or get over, whether the guy is famous or not.

Thanks for the female insight, and I hope you don't take that as an insult. I get very frustrated by men who love to be judgmental about what women should do. I wonder how many men would be so willing to expose their intimate details if they were on the receiving end of a sexual assault. Stick a celebrity in a court room and the pedestrian victim is fighting a stacked deck. Donte Stallworth got 24 days for vehicular DUI manslaughter. Ben would probably get numerous requests for autographs in lieu of any sanctions , by a jury.

Does anyone remember the Duke Lacrosse gang rape accusation event. What happened to the prosecutor? What happened to the victim. He got fired and she got demonized. Anyone willing to take those chances, should get the badge of courage. Win the case and you are yesterday's hero. Lose the case and you are a hole of the month winner.

Anyone who takes advantage of anyone else under the influence of alcohol or drugs is scum. If that is what it takes to get "hooked up", that is sad. Try hooking up with the same person the next day sober.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks JG for your insight. I think I am totally offbase here.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#3 and counting.
Anyone see a pattern here? Get drunk, whip it out.

Reports: Investigation Uncovers Other Alleged Incidents Involving Ben Roethlisberger
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Posted By The Trenches 6:30 AM

ABC News and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Friday of two more alleged instances of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger making unwanted sexual advances toward a woman.

The allegations were discovered during an investigation by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation into a 20-year-old woman's claim that Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her last month. The woman later declined to pursue the matter; on Monday, Ocmulgee Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright announced that Roethlisberger would not be charged.

Per the GBI report, the other accuser, who is in her early 20s, told police an inebriated Roethlisberger exposed himself after she drove him to his Georgia house from a party and helped him to his bedroom.

The AJC reported that incident differently, saying that the exposure took place during a party at Roethlisberger's house.

A week later, according to the report, Roethlisberger invited the woman to a party at his house and then, again while drunk, groped the woman after leading her into the bedroom.

The woman broke free from Roethlisberger and later told her father what had happened.

Police in Milledgeville, Ga., then contacted the woman, according to ABC, but she declined to press charges. The Journal-Constitution, citing the GBI report, says the woman's father encouraged her not to pursue a criminal complaint.

The GBI report does not indicate when these alleged incidents took place.

Unrelated to the Georgia allegations, Roethlisberger is being sued by a former casino worker in Nevada who claims Roethlisberger assaulted her.

It is not known whether NFL commissioner Roger Goodell or the Steelers were aware of this latest allegation. Goodell met with Roethlisberger on Tuesday in New York, perhaps as a prelude to a suspension. Steelers officials this week expressed their displeasure with Roethlisberger's off-field actions.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05