Rolle fined $12,500

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Rolle fined $12.5K for facemask
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Apparently there is a price for trying to tear off a Pro Bowl running back's head in a game.

FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reported on this week's FSN's Pro Football Preview that Arizona Cardinals cornerback Antrel Rolle has been fined a whopping $12,500 by the NFL for his facemask of the Chiefs' Larry Johnson in Sunday's game.

Johnson injured his neck on the play and didn't practice until Thursday for Kansas City due to the injury; but he is expected to play against Pittsburgh this weekend.

On the play, Johnson was running free down the sideline when Rolle caught him, grabbed a hold of his facemask and dragged him down and out of bounds without letting go of the mask.

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
Not much you can say, the fine was expected to come down at some point. Rolle grabbed onto whatever he could just to stop him. It was unfortunate that it was LJ's facemask, obviously. But his hustle gave the cards an opportunity to at least tie the game.....

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Not much you can say, the fine was expected to come down at some point. Rolle grabbed onto whatever he could just to stop him. It was unfortunate that it was LJ's facemask, obviously. But his hustle gave the cards an opportunity to at least tie the game.....

yup

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Rolle fined $12.5K for facemask
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Apparently there is a price for trying to tear off a Pro Bowl running back's head in a game.

FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reported on this week's FSN's Pro Football Preview that Arizona Cardinals cornerback Antrel Rolle has been fined a whopping $12,500 by the NFL for his facemask of the Chiefs' Larry Johnson in Sunday's game.

Johnson injured his neck on the play and didn't practice until Thursday for Kansas City due to the injury; but he is expected to play against Pittsburgh this weekend.

On the play, Johnson was running free down the sideline when Rolle caught him, grabbed a hold of his facemask and dragged him down and out of bounds without letting go of the mask.

Like several other players on this team (e.g., Davis and Ross), Rolle commits far too many penalties IMO. Even last year in his very first game, he was offside on the first kickoff.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Like several other players on this team (e.g., Davis and Ross), Rolle commits far too many penalties IMO. Even last year in his very first game, he was offside on the first kickoff.

You're reaching here dude.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right that was a vicious play. I know antrell wasn't trying to injure him but you gotta do something to try and keep the players safe and fines are part of that.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
This just in - he will also be fined another $10,000 if Shaun Alexander isn't healed by next Sunday. :D

Last edited:

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Hey Larry Johnson shouldn't have let Antrelle catch up with him!!!

I know you are kidding..but you realize LJ had him beat don't you? LJ was IN FRONT of him...

Either way, Rolle advances in the tournament to face Goro and then Shao Kahn in the outerworld.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Hey Larry Johnson shouldn't have let Antrelle catch up with him!!!

Actually I was kind of dissapointed that Rolle caught him inside the 10 and would have rather they just let him score at that point so the Cards would have had more time on the clock to try to tie the game with a TD.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Actually I was kind of dissapointed that Rolle caught him inside the 10 and would have rather they just let him score at that point so the Cards would have had more time on the clock to try to tie the game with a TD.

Yeah it's always a bad position when you WANT the other team to score so that your team will have more time to score. i hate it.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know you are kidding..but you realize LJ had him beat don't you? LJ was IN FRONT of him...

Either way, Rolle advances in the tournament to face Goro and then Shao Kahn in the outerworld.

Yeah you're right he was. I don't think it was with malicious intent on Antrelle's part though.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Yeah you're right he was. I don't think it was with malicious intent on Antrelle's part though.

I don't either. Antrelle looked concerned after LJ was lying there.

I only wish that Bengals player would have looked concerned after he layed Trent Green out, instead of celebrating.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't either. Antrelle looked concerned after LJ was lying there.

I only wish that Bengals player would have looked concerned after he layed Trent Green out, instead of celebrating.

QB's are a different breed though. The point for 75% of the defensive is to knock the QB out of the game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05