Roster done???

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I have this funny feeling that our roster is pretty much set , except for the drafted players.. we keep reading about this player and that player that we are watching or brought in for a look see, and then later that next week that player is signed by someone else .. I think Denny likes this team as it is and will take it into next season..

after the draft with will be players that either are to old and just no talent and hopefully we wont be looking ther way to find special teams players or for depth? we should have solve that probelm before now.. anyway...

GO CARDS

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you are right that the core team is in place. But they may pick up an agent or two after the draft if they feel there are still some holes to be filled. Just for depth not starters.

seesred

Reaction score
WE are pretty close to what the teams make up will be. The core 25-30 players add 7-10 more and go to camp!

A back up QB will be added

Plus picks

GBR

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Roster is not done. We have 65 players on the roster. Assumed 2 More EFA's that need to sign their tenders in Antonio Smith and Dan Sheldon. That makes 67. Then we have 7 draftees. That makes 74.

We can carry 86 players this offseason. 80 plus the 6 NFLE roster exceptions.

I highly doubt we bring in 12 UDFA's. We usually only bring in only 6 or 7 UDFA's under green. Which tells me we will bring in 5 more FA's or waiver wire pickups minimum.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The June 1st cuts will be the next time the team is active, but at this point it'll probably be more for depth than for starters.

Either way, if the team can get a few more players in for competition at certain position, either through FA's remainder or the draft, than I will probably have built up a tolerance to my kool-aid and will have to inject it directly into my eyeball to pick up a buzz.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I think most teams (and free agents) are in the wait until after the draft mode --

then -- there will be a flurry of signings as teams fill in those last few holes that didnt get addressed in the draft.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
For the most part, June 1st cuts no longer really exists. The new CBA allows teams to select upto 2 players to be "June 1st" cuts and cut them before June 1st. Also, most reasonable players now have somekind of roster bonus due in March forcing the team to make the decision early : cut or keep.

There will be few if any June 1st cuts this year.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Regardless of June first, most front offices are tending to the draft and free agency will be stagnent until after the draft.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i wouldn't be surprise if mcnair retires. last season he close to retiring because of all the injuries started to take their toll on him. does everyone remeber the interview on espn with him on how he had trouble getting out bed and picking up his son. this might be the case this season also.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
If they were gonna cut him, they would have. What it tells me is they want to trade him (Baltimore is rumored to be interested). Nothing worse than leting your trade bait get hurt in practice.