RT #79 sucks...

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
I'm not trying to rub anything in here... just noticed something

I just watched highlights of the Cards-Chiefs game, and Ross (i think it is) is was constantly getting his arse handed to him. He is much bigger than Hali, and Hali was constantly getting past him.

Is he always that bad?

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I just watched highlights of the Cards-Chiefs game, and Ross (i think it is) is was constantly getting his arse handed to him. He is much bigger than Hali, and Hali was constantly getting past him.

Is he always that bad?

YES. :sad:

HooverDam

Reaction score
Any of the Cards Olineman suck. They are all bigger than everyone, but who cares? They are big and slow. Not to mention stupid (too many false starts). They could probably push a blocking sled farther than any Oline in the league, but thats only because the sled is slower than they are.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is he always that bad?

Welcome to Matt Leinart's blindside protector.

:(

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I only have a few clips to pick from...but here's a sample...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=crpaWYU72qE

Did you put that together? That was awesome.

I think that Tamba Hali was a great pickup for you guys. He's a total gamer. Kind of like a poor-man's Terrell Suggs. I really don't understand why we didn't run right at him considering the mismatch that we had size-wise. My guess is that we were more worried about Derrick Johnson.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

That's gotta be the Golden Sombrero of sucking as a tacklet.

He got beat every way you can.

Missed a low block

Couldn't get his hands on him

A little hump move to go around

and then just straight up over powered.

OP
OP
BirdKC

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
Yeah I put it together. It was kind of an excuse to use all these clips I have on my computer.

I love Tamba Hali. I know he was considered a reach before the draft (alot of it had to do with his combine, where he had a slower 40 time than what he was supposed to. penn states coach says the time was wrong).

But if you watch the guy play he never gives up and is always around the ball. i'm glad we took him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I put it together. It was kind of an excuse to use all these clips I have on my computer.

I love Tamba Hali. I know he was considered a reach before the draft (alot of it had to do with his combine, where he had a slower 40 time than what he was supposed to. penn states coach says the time was wrong).

But if you watch the guy play he never gives up and is always around the ball. i'm glad we took him.

He had a heck of game against Ohio St. last year. That's where he sold me on his potential. Another example of too much emphasis being put onto those offseason workouts instead of how they played football.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
Any of the Cards Olineman suck. They are all bigger than everyone, but who cares? They are big and slow. Not to mention stupid (too many false starts). They could probably push a blocking sled farther than any Oline in the league, but thats only because the sled is slower than they are.

Big offensive linemen + lots of $$ does not equal success. I wish the Cards could realize that.

You can't just over pay for big behemoth linemen and expect them to be good because you paid them a lot of money. They need the talent, drive and some decent coaching.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Big offensive linemen + lots of $$ does not equal success. I wish the Cards could realize that.

You can't just over pay for big behemoth linemen and expect them to be good because you paid them a lot of money. They need the talent, drive and some decent coaching.
The Cardinals always go with coaches who are years removed from "relevant" football. In other words...they know not who to hire, but go on past successes. If they had anybody...anybody who knows a lick of football in that front office...perhaps they could identify and hire a young up and coming coach. Sadly... it's the Bidwills were talking about.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Thanks BirdKC. Your comments have been critical and constructive. You are welcome on this board. You do a good job of breaking down the game.

When it comes to Oliver Ross he is horrible. His nickname last year was the human turnstile. He looks like in the right situation he could be an above average run blocker (like with the Steelers). He probably never will hold his own with the pass rush. Much like Big Davis, his size hurts him in that it limits his mobility. Against the Rams he had one of his better games, but for a year and a half he has probably been our biggest FA flop.

And to KC's credit Hali looks like a player out there. That much was obvious from Sunday.

OP
OP
BirdKC

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
He had a heck of game against Ohio St. last year. That's where he sold me on his potential. Another example of too much emphasis being put onto those offseason workouts instead of how they played football.

That was the game with "the fumble" wasn't it?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think our whole entire o-line sucks.
especially the players wearing the numbers #60-#79

I know,Just look at the other bozos missing their blocks in those clips, sad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05