Rumor: Coaches who left, will not get SB bonus money

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Lets divide the coaches into two groups:

those that were told they werent coming back: Pendergast and Rutledge

those that left to take another job: Haley, Carthon, Ward

I would have a big problem with not paying any bonus to the first group. I wouldnt have any problem with not paying a bonus to the second.

Maybe because its the way every employer I have had has dealt with it.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, O. Good reporting.

The IF has been erased and the Cardinals are vindicated.

Yes but not the immediate reaction of some that as usual hold the Cardinals guilty until proven innocent and that prove usually requires confirmation fro multiple sources.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
In this case, 40, they should. Heck, even Indy gave Edge a Super Bowl ring the year after he left. Class is class, plain and simple.

Many sports teams have the players vote on who gets a bonus or a share of the playoff moines such a s player who is dead, traded, a trainer, etc. As Mitch notes class is class. There is no iron clad rule in business or in sports unless some team or business writes into company policy or a specific contract. What if one of your players breaks his neck during a game half way through the season and the team goes on to win the super-bowl. Should he receive a ring and a share of the playoff money?

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Handing out achievement bonuses is an unexplored area for the Cards. What do other teams do in this situation?

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Sorry, but that's lame. 2 coaches got promotions and two were fired. They all deserve their bonuses.

What?!

Why would you give a bonus to someone you just fired???

Why would you give a bonus to someone that just quit???

Somebody is real free and easy with other peoples money...

chickenhead

Reaction score
Yeah, they got a few thousand bucks out of it. But just from the people I know that scorned the Cards forever after that... it was a lot of ill will which was so unnecessary. My former boss had a suite and he'll never go to a Cards game again.

It's true, I know folks for whom this was the turning point as well. It definitely bothered me as an ASU fan, but more than anything I thought it was just stupid.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
And my final comment to that idiot:

Florio, you are a clown… Its sad that you are putting what little crediblity you have on the line with your childish crud. Kent Somers is 1000 times more respected than you will ever be.
Yeah, we buy it because you say “trust me, I did a better job than Somers.” Please, why dont you reveal who you talked to? Do you have any of these “stiffed” coaches on record?
You are a sorry excuse for a journalist and you are pissy that you are being exposed for the journalistic fraud you are. Were you an ambulance chaser in a past life?