Running game

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you cant bash the backs when they have NO lanes to run through. Our poor running was on the OL hands down.
I agree. And this homer, me, is willing to give Ryan Williams a pass since it was his first regular season game.

cardfolife

Reaction score
Jim Brown and Walter Payton going a combined 15-23-0 with a fumble was disappointing. :D

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't know. When Deuce had that ball intercepted he was trying to throw out of bounds it was the third play in a row where a defender ran free at him.
The play you are reffering to wasn't poor blocking by the Oline. It was a bad play call because they were expecting the play action to pull the defensive front to one side while rolling out to the other side, but obviously that wasn't going to work because we couldn't run the ball all day. If you watch the play the Oline is run blocking to the left to sell the run and Chris Clemons read it perfectly and didn't bite.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would really like to see Powell in there. Dressing Dray, but not Powell when the 3 RBs above him are either dinged up or recovering from injury was stupid IMO
Topic of this thread is an oxymoron.

Does raise the following question:

When you are a developing O-line, does perfecting your pass protection (including new blocking schemes) work counter to sound zone or man run blocking?

It just seemed to me that, as our pass pro improved, our run blocking went right into the dumper. Gotta wonder why.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Seattle has a fantastic run defense and stacked the box.. not worried about the run game -- not yet, anyway.

This is 100% correct. Skelton failed to throw the very good Seattle rush defense out of 8 man fronts which is why it struggled. Good news is all that needs to happen to fix it is having a QB who can burn the defense by stacking the box.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Topic of this thread is an oxymoron.

Does raise the following question:

When you are a developing O-line, does perfecting your pass protection (including new blocking schemes) work counter to sound zone or man run blocking?

It just seemed to me that, as our pass pro improved, our run blocking went right into the dumper. Gotta wonder why.
well 60% of our line is new too...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05