Rush End - Of the Every Down Variety

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
to be quite honest with you, I attribute some of that, whether right or wrong, to the fact that he's white

actually, i don't like him because he's white. i hate white people.

what's his madden's rating? isn't that what's really important here? surely a bright young white guy who works like a **** would get some techno love, being the fan-favorite, media darling that he is.

just screwing with ya.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
That's why I have visions of Suggs getting blown up by FB's, TE's, LT's if they even consider putting him on the line.

That's fine, but that creates opportunities for Wendell and KVB, who aren't getting blocked by FB, TE, or Gs, because they're occupied with Suggs. The difference between a quality DE and an elite DE is that and Elite DE will be able to get to the QB DESPITE that extra attention.

I don't care whether or not KVB has a good "motor" or if he's a great "lockerroom guy." That's something you say about players who suck. I want to get Wakefield, Tanner, and Bell off the field for at least 60% of the downs in a game, and if we can make that happen with Suggs, great.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suggs will get blown up by any lineman or TE who manages to get a hand on him, just like Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila does.

;)

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by D Pasch
Graves is a wizard with the cap,Dave Pasch

WOW he is able to divide the total amount by the number of years and come up with number all by himself. :D

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Drafting Suggs, or the next best pass rusher, will only help KVB. The reason there are so many KVB jersey's in the crowd is because season ticket holders had a choice of Jake, Kwammi, Boston, or KVB. Most of us knew KVB was probably the only player to be left here after one year...and we were right. Claiming so many KVB jersey's are in the crowd because he's white is just plain ignorant, and proves the point that ignorance exists on both sides of racial issues.

I got the #93 jersey for one reason. Coach Mac said he was afraid to go to KVB's locker and tell him he was too injured to play. Any player that will play through pain and injury deserves and receives my respect, and I truly believe he will break out this year, and live up to our expectations of him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
The reason there are so many KVB jersey's in the crowd is because season ticket holders had a choice of Jake, Kwammi, Boston, or KVB. Most of us knew KVB was probably the only player to be left here after one year...and we were right. Claiming so many KVB jersey's are in the crowd because he's white is just plain ignorant, and proves the point that ignorance exists on both sides of racial issues.

I got the #93 jersey for one reason. Coach Mac said he was afraid to go to KVB's locker and tell him he was too injured to play. Any player that will play through pain and injury deserves and receives my respect, and I truly believe he will break out this year, and live up to our expectations of him.

I'm not saying that it was the only reason that people got KVB jerseys. I'm sure some people would say "Hey, I can really realate to that guy!" Well, I can guess what at least part of that means. I'm not saying it's wrong that fans like/love KVB, I'm calling 'em as I see 'em, though perhaps not as they are. Perhaps.

I'm saying that the amount of jerseys in the stands far outpaces his production or value to his team. Note that the Cards didn't offer Bryant jerseys, even though he was their #1 pick. I saw a ton of Shockey jerseys on NFL.com, etc.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
WOW he is able to divide the total amount by the number of years and come up with number all by himself. :D

I've only been posting 1 day, and already you guys are busting my chops.:D

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
I saw a ton of Shockey jerseys on NFL.com, etc.

Ok, this is the last time I'm telling you guys this!

It's SHOCKLEY!!! Remember the "L"!!!

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
As I look around Sun Devil Stadium on game day, I see every color of the rainbow sitting in the stands. I also see all of us diverse people wearing jersey numbers that are all over the board. You just can't identify any reasons why one player was chosen over another, based on what color they are.

My personal opinion is, if Leonard Davis' #75 was an option, it would have been the overwhelming favorite. Most of the gang of 20 that I attend games with, chose a jersey other than Jake, (they already HAD that one) Kwammi, (didn't endear himself to us when we franchised, and paid him over 3 million, and he thought we were screwing him,) or Boston, (who we all KNEW wanted out of here.)

To be totally honest with you, I was surprised that the Cardinals offered the free jersey, (I had never owned one) and even more surprised when I learned that we only had 4 jersey's to choose from. At the time, I thought the team was liquidating their inventory of these jersey's, because they were going to change the uniform, or that they knew some of these jersey's were about to become obsolete. Either, or neither of these scenarios could be true, but I would never put any stock in the assumption that skin color determined which jersey number a fan is wearing.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I've only been posting 1 day, and already you guys are busting my chops.:D

[baby voice] Sorry Davey [/baby voice] :thumbup:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
It's SHOCKLEY!!! Remember the "L"!!!

No, it's Shockey. Check the official roster.

Really though, I think VDB is a good player, and someone who could produce if he has some help. If Suggs can provide that help from the other side, like I think he can, VDB will be all the better for it. Of course, if Suggs is gone, Robertson or Kennedy give us the best chance to improve VDB, Bryant, and Johnson. Section 11, with respect to the argument that we should let Suggs develop, shouldn't the same thing apply to McCown? He's seen very limited action in one season, and it's far too early to write him off.

--Solar

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
One guy to remember, and I don't think anyone has mentioned his name. Marcus Bell. He came on at the end of last year, and I think has a chance to be a decent pass rusher from the DT spot.

Dave Pasch

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Solar7
Section 11, with respect to the argument that we should let Suggs develop, shouldn't the same thing apply to McCown? He's seen very limited action in one season, and it's far too early to write him off.

My point was that, all things being equal, I'd rather have two quality quarterbacks than two quality defensive ends.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You'd think you'd want two quality defensive ends, since they happen to be on the field at the same time. Unless you think our future consists of running the option every down?

--Solar

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Solar7
You'd think you'd want two quality defensive ends, since they happen to be on the field at the same time. Unless you think our future consists of running the option every down?

I tell ya, if I were in charge and we had Culpepper, McNugget or Vick, they'd earn every dime they were getting.

No joke. I'd start my own NFL trend of 1000 yard rushing QB's.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One guy to remember, and I don't think anyone has mentioned his name. Marcus Bell. He came on at the end of last year, and I think has a chance to be a decent pass rusher from the DT spot.
More important - his helmet is up for grabs in the latest azcardinals.com contest.

Dave - I devoutly hope you're right about Bell. I had hoped he would have made the strides you're predicting for him a year ago during the offseason between his rookie and second year. But he didn't. I guess we can hope his second offseason is more productive than his first.

PS Just don't get cocky - just because the Orange Men beat Hopkins by one goal in lacrosse.

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
D Pasch...You're a gentleman, a scholar, & damn it...people like you:thumbup: Marcus Bell is by far my favorite DT. From my observations after his rookie year I thought he was about to establish himself as a Starter, & the Rock of the D LIne. This year I was very Dis-appointed. He seemed to play with his head down far too much, & was'nt using his hands effectivley. But your exactly right at the end of the season, he showed those flashes again. Being dis-ruptive & making tackles in the opponents backfield. If he can correct those flaws in his game (coaching):rolleyes: Thanks Mean Joe..you're very observant:rolleyes: He (Bell) along with W. Bryant could give us some solid interior play...........

Last edited:

AZ1766

Veteran
Reaction score

Dave Pasch

Dave,
What are their thoughts on Alton Moore for this year?
He got hurt early but the kept him on IR...... indicating they liked something about him.... what is the word from the inside?????
Thanks for the insight!!!!

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZ1766
Dave,
What are their thoughts on Alton Moore for this year?
He got hurt early but the kept him on IR...... indicating they liked something about him.... what is the word from the inside?????
Thanks for the insight!!!!

They do like his potential, even though he didn't play that much in college. His future with the team is clouded because of the draft. If the Cardinals draft a couple of DE's, it may be hard for Moore to make the team out of training camp.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigdaddy_redbird
W. Bryant could give us some solid interior play...........

I talked recently with now Cowboys O-line coach George Warhop. He watched Wendell Bryant every day in practice, and says he believes Bryant has all of the tools to be a great player. I was dissapointed that Bryant didn't play better once he had time to learn the system, and get a feel for the NFL. He needs training camp. The Cardinals have high expectations for Bryant in 2003.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I talked recently with now Cowboys O-line coach George Warhop. He watched Wendell Bryant every day in practice, and says he believes Bryant has all of the tools to be a great player. I was dissapointed that Bryant didn't play better once he had time to learn the system, and get a feel for the NFL. He needs training camp. The Cardinals have high expectations for Bryant in 2003.

Word!

Bryant does have all the tools to suceed, I hope hope he will use them. When you look at our D-Line, everyone showed glimpses of quality play last year. Could the line-up of VandenBosch-Bell/Tanner-Bryant-Wakefield/Johnson develop into a dominant line? Maybe...

I hope they do, and I hope that coaching skills Joe Greene can finally been seen through that development into the kind of D-Line play we always hoped for...

I could be too "Homerish" with these thoughts, but being a Cardinals fan means always holding on to hope!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
Bryant does have all the tools to suceed, I hope hope he will use them. When you look at our D-Line, everyone showed glimpses of quality play last year. Could the line-up of VandenBosch-Bell/Tanner-Bryant-Wakefield/Johnson develop into a dominant line? Maybe...

And maybe not. I think that as long as there's a "Bell/Tanner" element on the D-line, and "Wakefield" comes first at DE, we'll barely be a serviceable D-line. If you replace on of those names with a quality starter, we'll have a decent D-Line.

Dominant Defensive lines are hard to come by. Tampa has one. Maybe Philly last year... You need two superstars, one good player, and a solid one. That's hard to get and keep under the cap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05