Ryan Swope the Cards TY Hilton?

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Swope is a bigger than Hilton, but both are fast. Should we expect him to play a similar role in Arians offense as Hilton did in Indy? If so, this kid will be exciting to watch.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well with the ball he runs like a rb, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Not quick enough. He's more of an undersized Q with some speed than an oversized T.Y.

I think the war room really wanted Marquise Goodwin. He would have been perfect.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i doubt he unseats Roberts at WR not many balls to go around for a # 4 wr

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
i doubt ge unseats Roberts at WR not nany balls to go around for a # 4 wr

Swope has a tough row to hoe. Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, and Andre Roberts ahead of him. Best deal for him is if Arians runs a lot of 4 wides.

If you look at the roster the guy who really has the best opportunity is our 7th round pick D.C. Jefferson. He has King, Dray and Housler ahead of him in an offense that supposedly uses a lot of two TE formations. Big Prez has the chance of a lifetime for a 7th round selection.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would not be the least bit surprised if he beats out Roberts. Roberts was a pick of the last regime, and you know how new staffs prefer their own picks. Plus, Roberts is not even the backup PR now with Mathieu and Peterson both way better than him in that aspect of his game.

Bottom line: Roberts will get cut, unless Swope gets dinged during the offseason.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would not be the least bit surprised if he beats out Roberts. Roberts was a pick of the last regime, and you know how new staffs prefer their own picks. Plus, Roberts is not even the backup PR now with Mathieu and Peterson both way better than him in that aspect of his game.

Bottom line: Roberts will get cut, unless Swope gets dinged during the offseason.

Absolutely no way Roberts gets cut. Fitz and Floyd were from previous regimes too may as well cut em! You say that like Roberts doesnt have talent.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Absolutely no way Roberts gets cut. Fitz and Floyd were from previous regimes too may as well cut em! You say that like Roberts doesnt have talent.

Who knows with these new guys. They may cut everybody except Fitzgerald and that's only because he has $18 million in dead money. :p

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He has talent. If he is cut, he will play for another team this season. But, you are acting like he's so super-talented that there is no chance he can get cut. Every year, there are guys in April most of us would say "no way" he gets cut. But, every year, some of those guys do get cut.

My early prediction for this year's surprise cut is Roberts.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who knows with these new guys. They may cut everybody except Fitzgerald and that's only because he has $18 million in dead money. :p

Exactly. If anyone thinks they are done turning over the roster for this year... well, you've got another thing coming.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not quick enough. He's more of an undersized Q with some speed than an oversized T.Y.

I think the war room really wanted Marquise Goodwin. He would have been perfect.

You can't teach speed. However, you can teach someone already blessed with speed how to use it better on the football field.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has talent. If he is cut, he will play for another team this season. But, you are acting like he's so super-talented that there is no chance he can get cut. Every year, there are guys in April most of us would say "no way" he gets cut. But, every year, some of those guys do get cut.

I predict that we'll have more than one wideout for the slot and one will be the man from the Citadel.

seesred

Reaction score
All ready said but, there is no way he beats out Roberts. I believe Roberts had a breakout season last year and with Palmer he will only get better

GBR

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

One of the dumbest things (obviously aside from the routinely idiotic stuff posted by idiots) I've ever heard on here. Sorry, no nicer way to say it. Roberts makes very little money, stays healthy, is one of the top 30 players at his position league-wide, is a consummate pro, great teammate and Larry Fitzgerald's best friend on the team. He is going nowhere. You're better than this.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Swope will be the #4 WR this year and will get plenty of playing time. He is not going to push Roberts off the roster. He may develop to the point that when Roberts contract is up the team makes little effort to keep him but that is about it.

My guess is Byrd secures the #5 WR spot too.

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
Swope will be the #4 WR this year and will get plenty of playing time. He is not going to push Roberts off the roster. He may develop to the point that when Roberts contract is up the team makes little effort to keep him but that is about it.

Exacty. Roberts' contract is pretty team friendly ($1.3M). I'm not sure I see much point in cutting him when his production has been steadily increasing each year.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Exactly! Andre is in a contract year. It would be insane to cut a promising young receiver who has actually stayed healthy and been productive. I expect Andre to have a solid year in BA's offense catching passes from Carson Palmer.

This is a year for Ryan to contribute on special teams and EARN the 4th wide receiver position. He is the legitimate deep threat that the Cardinals haven't had in a decade. With good coaching and patience I feel he has a very bright future if he can avoid concussions and stay healthy.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pulling for Swope. His upside is big. Roberts has peaked. 3rd round talent with a 6th round contract is value added. Stereotype breaker.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sure he can, along with Housler and Roberts. Any one of our wide receivers has the tools to be a legitimate deep threat if our line can give Palmer the time for the play to develop.

cardinalsfan

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Swope is very impressive with his ability to create separation from DBs by the way he uses the upper body. This separation with be a welcomed change for our WRs as we have had little of that lately. He also has good hands, makes tough catches, and is a very good blocker. I think it's going to be difficult to keep him off the field and could really develop into a top tier slot receiver.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Yeah, but those guys usually get cut for money reasons. Roberts wont get cut because he is talented and doesn't cost a lot of money. He could fall to 4th receiver if Swopes looks good though.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont see how roberts has peaked, he has been better each year and now has a real QB. I expect a great year from fitz/roberts/floyd

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
One of the dumbest things (obviously aside from the routinely idiotic stuff posted by idiots) I've ever heard on here. Sorry, no nicer way to say it. Roberts makes very little money, stays healthy, is one of the top 30 players at his position league-wide, is a consummate pro, great teammate and Larry Fitzgerald's best friend on the team. He is going nowhere. You're better than this.

This...

Roberts is good and cheap. He goes nowhere. Crazy talk.