Saban will limit team information

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
earthsci said:
The NFL has requirements as to how much interaction a team has with the media. It's required. Other than that, ask a Dolphins fan, or a Cardinals fan for that matter, if they would rather have a succesful coach with control of their team, or a media friendly loser. I'll take the winner any day, and I'll spend more money on it. There are plenty of football fans in this valley who haven't spent a cent on the Cards over the past couple of years with Media friendly Dave McGinnis. I know a few of them who went to games last year because, as they put it "Things are changing".

I'm with Rocco all the way on this.

And the above post makes one giant invalid leap in logic....that being the equating of winning with media control and losing with none.
That's pie in the sky.
Totally invalid logic.
Since when does a team or coach have to be such an extreme control freak especially in regard to media in order to win??

Or since when does being media friendly equate to losing?

Amazing, simply amazing !

Those are only two of many possibilities. This is a classic case of over simplification and over reductionism.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thomas Jefferson once said: "When you do something, act as if the whole world is watching".

This is a perfect example.

Rocco, you have made some great points IMO.

I've never followed Nick Sabin's career. I haven't been that much into college football in a long time.
But from what I'm seeing here, I'm getting the suspicion we may be seeing another of the many, many instances of a college coach trying to run a pro team like he did in college.
Not the same thing at all.

Shades of Steve Spurrier, Pete Carroll, Bud Wilkinson, Barry Switzer, etc here.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05