Saints vs Cardinals pregame thread

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is a game where Kyler is going to have to throw guys open.
I get the feeling that Kingsbury has at least 3 or 4 (or maybe an infinite # ) of different offensive game plans that he can draw upon depending on matchups or anticipated x's and o's.

It could be "easy on the running game", "a mobile K Murray", a repeat of "heavy doses of Chase" or conceivably other stuff we haven't seen yet.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Said it before but Isabella's lack of production has overshadowed Allen's inability to get on the field (injury)

Imagine if we were getting real contributions from our 2nd round pick (not counting Murphy) and 3rd round pick Allen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Eli Apple was "Full" today at practice.... Obviously bummed for guys when they get hurt but I was hoping the Cards would catch the slimy saints without him

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Driving into work today, and listening to the local sports radio guys. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I got a laugh out of it.

They were talking about the lines for each game, and how if you could have gotten in on NO at -7.5, you should have bet your house on the Saints.

Went on to discuss how we've beaten three horrible teams with a combined record of 3-18 (or whatever) by an average of 2.3 points.

One gentlemen's exact comment was (and I quote):

"Arizona is going to get its ass kicked on Sunday."

What was funny was how this guy sounded so certain and a little mad when he said that. Like the Cardinals were total jerks for winning three in a row. lol...

Oh well, I guess we'll see in about 53 hours.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not many think the Cardinals have a prayer this Sunday, including many of us on this board. I hope the Cardinals throw caution to the wind on both sides of the ball, and provide the league a look into the future. We shouldn't have the horses to stay with the Saints this week, but we've all seen and heard how "on any given Sunday" can play out. Just keep Murray upright!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s a snow balls chance in hell that Christian Kirk plays either.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fully expect to lose by double digits I just want us to continue to be competitive and play hard.

I think we'll lose the next 2 in fact but if we continue to improve and play hard after last year I'm thrilled.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss)
10/25/19, 12:56 PM
Cardinals RB David Johnson was not at practice during the portion open to the media. Kliff Kingsbury meets with the media in about 45 minutes and the final injury report comes out soon after that.

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Triplett (@MikeTriplett)
10/25/19, 12:46 PM
Saints QB Drew Brees and RB Alvin Kamara both participated during the early portion of practice open to the media Friday. But no announcement yet from Sean Payton afterward on who will start at QB Sunday. Said both guys got good work this week.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would be shocked if Kirk plays and not shocked if DJ is a decoy in 2RB sets this weekend. Especially since we have a home-division game 4 days later.

This is one of the worst turf fields in the league combined with one of the most aggressive defenses. Not to mention how hostile the environment is as a whole.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be shocked if Kirk plays and not shocked if DJ is a decoy in 2RB sets this weekend. Especially since we have a home-division game 4 days later.

This is one of the worst turf fields in the league combined with one of the most aggressive defenses. Not to mention how hostile the environment is as a whole.

I dont think DJ is even active on Sunday. He is still hurt, did not practice at all all week and we have a division game 4 days later.

Kirk however might finally be back.