Saints will not tag Bentley

spanky1

Reaction score
Mike Triplett of the New Orleans Saints has reported that Loomis of the Saints has said they will not tag Bentley......reported moments ago.

Having said that, Bentley is suggesting that he wants a 5 year deal for aggregate value of $28MM with an $11-$12 MM guarantee....the kind of package that Mike Wahle signed for in Carolina.

Buckle up everyone.....this will be like buying a painting through Sotheby's at auction time.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He will get it but it won't be from the Cards. Someone will bring him in on day one and give him the big contract. This happens every year.

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
az jam said:
He will get it but it won't be from the Cards. Someone will bring him in on day one and give him the big contract. This happens every year.

You may be right but I wouldn't rule him "out of our league". Doing a straight five year deal would = $8MM per year but as joeshmo has said before, by backloading the contract it may be able to be structured as a win win.

He's a difference maker and gives the team a number of options as to how to use him.

Could easily be the premier O-Line FA signing that we need. We know for sure (based on past performance and with his take no prisoners style) that he'll play hard.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
az jam said:

That used to be the story in Cardinal Land, but not anymore, not with Denny Green's Cardinals. I, a critic of Green's playcalling and game management, respect the heck out of what he's brought to the organization in terms of draft/recruiting etc...

Bentley comes to Arizona. I believe that. Today anyway.

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
Grab Tonui Fonoti (assuming he can pass the physical), and the O-Line is built......move on to problem #2.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
red desert said:
That used to be the story in Cardinal Land, but not anymore, not with Denny Green's Cardinals. I, a critic of Green's playcalling and game management, respect the heck out of what he's brought to the organization in terms of draft/recruiting etc...

That would be a good signing for sure. Plug him in at LG and lets see what we can get over on that side - if they can be dominating ... ala Seattle.

I think since the new stadium is here - it's a whole new ballgame in Cardinalville.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
red desert said:

:eek: :thud:

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Go

okay mr. bidwill you said if we build you a stadium you could compete in fa...ol is our single biggest problem, denny said he wants to go after ol in fa, this is the best ol in fa, we have the cap space to sign him ....balls in your court bowtie.
________
Recall paxil

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would rather see the CArds throw everything and the kitchen sink to sign Bentley rather than what it would take to sign James. If we had a solid offensive line , then I could see going balls out after James, assuming he will even be available. But we don't. Until that problem is solved we all know it won't matter who is carrying the ball.
Lets sign Bentley on day one. Keamoato(sp?) day two. Micheal Bennett(as an insurance policy) , one more O-Lineman of your choice, Draft Lendale White and a back up Qb of your choice.
Do this and there will be football in mid January in Arizona.

sundevil04

Reaction score
Go

i love that plan thats exacly what ive been touting no need for a HIGH priced rb bennett and white along with a much improved ol id also add a fs in there though i like hope
________
WENDIE 99

Last edited:

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
sundevil04 said:
okay mr. bidwill you said if we build you a stadium you could compete in fa...ol is our single biggest problem, denny said he wants to go after ol in fa, this is the best ol in fa, we have the cap space to sign him ....balls in your court bowtie.

you hit the nail on the head. he has had some reason to cry poverty in the past but not anymore.

sundevil04

Reaction score
Go

spanky1 said:
You may be right but I wouldn't rule him "out of our league". Doing a straight five year deal would = $8MM per year but as joeshmo has said before, by backloading the contract it may be able to be structured as a win win.

He's a difference maker and gives the team a number of options as to how to use him.

Could easily be the premier O-Line FA signing that we need. We know for sure (based on past performance and with his take no prisoners style) that he'll play hard.

the proposed deal (5yr/28mil) would be 5.6 mil per year if spread out evenly the signing bonus is not on top of the salary but just the gauranteed amount
________
AnnaXoX

Last edited:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Great to hear that about Bentley. That being said, he is pretty much our #1 target IMO. James is the #1 runner and he is the #1 O-line (unless you count Hutch, but then it is still up in the air due to Bentley's youth and versatility). It would be amazing to have him though. What if we did this:

FA: James and Bentley

Draft: Huff, Watson, and Winston/Scott

Amazing.

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Great to hear that about Bentley. That being said, he is pretty much our #1 target IMO. James is the #1 runner and he is the #1 O-line (unless you count Hutch, but then it is still up in the air due to Bentley's youth and versatility). It would be amazing to have him though. What if we did this:

FA: James and Bentley

Draft: Huff, Watson, and Winston/Scott

Amazing.

BigDavis75,

Now you are talking something that I can not disagree with at all......these players in both FA and the draft are PERFECT.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Mike Triplett of the New Orleans Saints has reported that Loomis of the Saints has said they will not tag Bentley......reported moments ago.

Having said that, Bentley is suggesting that he wants a 5 year deal for aggregate value of $28MM with an $11-$12 MM guarantee....the kind of package that Mike Wahle signed for in Carolina.

Buckle up everyone.....this will be like buying a painting through Sotheby's at auction time.

spanky1 said:

How does equate to 8 mil per year.? Give him a 30 million over 5 years
and the 5th year at 8 million. That would be 22 mil over 4 yrs and a cap hit of 5.5 per year million.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
az jam said:
This may have come out negative. I wasn't putting down the Cards on this just that some teams like the Redskins and Cowboys go out quickly and in many cases overpay for a big name player. That is not Denny's style. He has set his targets on certain players which are usually solid players but not necessary the big name stars. IMO Bently is one of the top OL available and I think someone will give him a much larger contract than the Cards.

Cardsmasochist

Full Throttle!!
Reaction score
spanky1 said:

Wahle is worth the money, too.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
bentley would be a great pick up. i like spanky idea of bringing in fonoti. imagine davis and fonoti on the left side. that is almost 800 pounds worth of offensive lineman. i thought fonoti was with the vikings with a big weight problem.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Let's hope Hutchinson hits the free agent market and becomes everyone's number 1 priority and then we can snatch the best OL out there in Bentley.
Also, i hope Graves/Green bring him in and get him signed while here. Remember a few years back when Graves would let FA's leave because he was waiting for a background check on the player? :mad:

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
Let's hope Hutchinson hits the free agent market and becomes everyone's number 1 priority and then we can snatch the best OL out there in Bentley.
Also, i hope Graves/Green bring him in and get him signed while here. Remember a few years back when Graves would let FA's leave because he was waiting for a background check on the player? :mad:

I'd go one step further.....have a certified check in the amount of his signing bonus to lay on the table with the contract....seriously. The psychological impact of doing this is nothing short of brilliant.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
I'd go one step further.....have a certified check in the amount of his signing bonus to lay on the table with the contract....seriously. The psychological impact of doing this is nothing short of brilliant.

Brilliant!!
You must be registered for see images attach

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him can you tell I really want this guy? get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him get him

This is my number one free agent target. Forget breaking the bank for a RB...get this guy, some other OL help if possible, and draft LenDale at 10.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
vinnymac said:
bentley would be a great pick up. i like spanky idea of bringing in fonoti. imagine davis and fonoti on the left side. that is almost 800 pounds worth of offensive lineman. i thought fonoti was with the vikings with a big weight problem.

Fonoti: Haven't we already seen the Big Red Line fail once before! Just because you have a lot of beef up front doesn't mean you will be sucessful.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Fonoti: Haven't we already seen the Big Red Line fail once before! Just because you have a lot of beef up front doesn't mean you will be sucessful.

That's what she said.....

Sorry, I had to say it!!! :D