Saints will not tag Bentley

Boltpower 21

Reaction score
San Diego hired Jack Henry (former Saints OL coach) a couple of weeks ago and from what I understand Bentley and Henry are pretty close. The Chargers are looking to upgrade their o-line and the rumor is that Bentley may want to reunite with Henry here in San Diego.

I've also heard that he may want to return to his hometown, Cleveland however they're not in a great need for offensive linemen, especially with all the other holes they have at the moment.

This is my first post here but I've lurked around on this board for a while and this is one of my favorite non-Charger football message boards. :)

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
I'd go one step further.....have a certified check in the amount of his signing bonus to lay on the table with the contract....seriously. The psychological impact of doing this is nothing short of brilliant.

I would also offer to take him out to eat at the finest restaurant in ARIZONA. Buy him a few drinks and then make him an offer he cant refuse.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
I think I would rather see the CArds throw everything and the kitchen sink to sign Bentley rather than what it would take to sign James. If we had a solid offensive line , then I could see going balls out after James, assuming he will even be available. But we don't. Until that problem is solved we all know it won't matter who is carrying the ball.
Lets sign Bentley on day one. Keamoato(sp?) day two. Micheal Bennett(as an insurance policy) , one more O-Lineman of your choice, Draft Lendale White and a back up Qb of your choice.
Do this and there will be football in mid January in Arizona.

I'm in your boat overhaul this O-line, sign a Bentley and another upgarde on O-line. Add a Bennet or another vet, add Lendale Whaite at #10 and have a commitee of backs like Denver, Pitt. etc

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boltpower 21 said:
San Diego hired Jack Henry (former Saints OL coach) a couple of weeks ago and from what I understand Bentley and Henry are pretty close. The Chargers are looking to upgrade their o-line and the rumor is that Bentley may want to reunite with Henry here in San Diego.

I've also heard that he may want to return to his hometown, Cleveland however they're not in a great need for offensive linemen, especially with all the other holes they have at the moment.

This is my first post here but I've lurked around on this board for a while and this is one of my favorite non-Charger football message boards. :)

Well if you have been lurking for a bit, welcome to the board! The Chargers interest in Bentley would fit well with how they build their team. Sadly, I don't think we will go after him like we should.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
sundevil04 said:
okay mr. bidwill you said if we build you a stadium you could compete in fa...ol is our single biggest problem, denny said he wants to go after ol in fa, this is the best ol in fa, we have the cap space to sign him ....balls in your court bowtie.

What if nobody's buying the luxury boxes?:eek: