Sarver Sux

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score
If you can't afford the gas...you don't buy a Ferrari...you get a toy you can afford.

This money pinching crap on a team close to winning it all is frustrating.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What are you guys talking about? Was that draft pick going to bring us a championship?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What--is Kerr completely untouchable by you guys? It's possible that Sarver said to not pick anyone, but Kerr obviously went along with it.

Texsun

Reaction score
Very very disappointed. No ONE player drafted this late guarantees a championship. What this player does is allow quality depth to be developed and/or traded at a later time...instead of forcing a rediculous Marcus Banks signing for instance.

Utterly rediculous!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Since when did Bill BIdwill buy the suns??

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Say you're sorry!

Sarver drafted a player! You guys got mad over nothing.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What--is Kerr completely untouchable by you guys? It's possible that Sarver said to not pick anyone, but Kerr obviously went along with it.

It's pretty obvious Kerr was brought in to be Sarver's puppet. Why go for the puppet over the puppet master.

OP
OP
S

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score
Figures...we sell our pick for cash...and San Antonio picks Splitter 4 spots later...like his rebounding and interior defense couldn't help the Suns.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Ok:

1. The Suns are over the cap.

2 - The Suns kept their own pick and actually drafted a player.

3 - The Suns did not trade KT.

I don't really see much to complain about. And how the hell is Sarver cheap? Seriously, we go through this crap every season. Please, someone justify their opinion that Sarver is cheap. If anything, he's been a little too "spendy" lately. (Hello Diaw!)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We sold a player to a division rival and improved them for money. Sorry we have every right to be mad.

:thumbup: Why not trade the pick for a future pick? If anything it gives you an extra pick in the next draft that you can use to move up if need be. The fact that he sold it for money speaks volumes to me. The fact that this isn't the first time says even more.

Last edited:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok:

1. The Suns are over the cap.

2 - The Suns kept their own pick and actually drafted a player.

3 - The Suns did not trade KT.

I don't really see much to complain about. And how the hell is Sarver cheap? Seriously, we go through this crap every season. Please, someone justify their opinion that Sarver is cheap. If anything, he's been a little too "spendy" lately. (Hello Diaw!)

Absolutely! I cant believe they turn on Sarver so easily ESPECIALLY after all the money he's spent over the years. Talk about short memorys...JEESH.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The offseaon just started! You guys need to see the bigger picture instead of dwelling too much on a particular deal. You dont know what ideas they have behind the scenes.

If I knew there were no more moves for the rest of the offseason then I'd be angry but I dont know that...more could be coming.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, all I know, as a casual fan, is that we'd better make SOME kind of improvement in FA, or I'm not going to be a happy fan. We need to get a little more physical, and get some more clutch play on our team. Marion is a complete regular-season wonder and playoff flop. Can't call him *********** because he chokes on the big one. So, what do we do to improve?

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The offseaon just started! You guys need to see the bigger picture instead of dwelling too much on a particular deal. You dont know what ideas they have behind the scenes.

If I knew there were no more moves for the rest of the offseason then I'd be angry but I dont know that...more could be coming.

It's not just about this. It's vetoing a contract extension for Joe Johnson, then trading him away. The fact that we got lucky and Boris Diaw was actually decent is moot - they essentially gave JJ away for nothing, save for the pick coming next year.

It's about drafting a guy who would have been a decent backup to Nash last year - and selling him for cash.

Heck, a couple of years ago the Suns only kept 11 players on their roster to save money!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

It's good to actually have a sane, logical poster on this board.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess the real reason we didn't get Garnett... we didn't want to take on his salary.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just about this. It's vetoing a contract extension for Joe Johnson, then trading him away. The fact that we got lucky and Boris Diaw was actually decent is moot - they essentially gave JJ away for nothing, save for the pick coming next year.

It's about drafting a guy who would have been a decent backup to Nash last year - and selling him for cash.

Heck, a couple of years ago the Suns only kept 11 players on their roster to save money!

Exactly. I am probably one of the biggest homers on this board and even I can call a spade and spade.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year I vehemently defended $arver. The quotes from Kerr are nearly identical to the ones from D'Antoni last year!

"Well we tried to move up and couldn't. So we had 3 guys we wanted to draft and none of them made it to us so we sold the picks for money to give us flexibility in the free agent market."

You can just rubber stamp that this year. Why is this acceptable to anyone? You at least get some sort of asset out of the trade beyond cash. A second round pick 5 years from now is more valuable than a big bunch of nothing. Well more valuable to anyone except $arver.