Saturday Night (first broadcast of SNL)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks interesting. First I've heard of it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They have had a few stars along the way but they never matched that early cast.. Aykroyd, chase, Rainer, Belushi, Martin...the first decade of SNL was amazing...then it started sliding........

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have had a few stars along the way but they never matched that early cast.. Aykroyd, chase, Rainer, Belushi, Martin...the first decade of SNL was amazing...then it started sliding........
I love that original cast but there was a time when SNL was trotting out Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Chris Rock, Mike Meyers, Dana Carvey, David Spade, Phil Hartman and Rob Schneider. That 1991 cast was pretty amazing.

2007-8 was a murderers row also, while also having a great blend of men and women, which seemed to be severely titled in one way during the first two decades. I mean… this is ridiculous: Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Amy Poehler, Fred Armisen, Jason Sudekis, Andy Samberg, Maya Rudolph and Will Forte.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I love that original cast but there was a time when SNL was trotting out Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Chris Rock, Mike Meyers, Dana Carvey, David Spade, Phil Hartman and Rob Schneider. That 1991 cast was pretty amazing.

2007-8 was a murderers row also, while also having a great blend of men and women, which seemed to be severely titled in one way during the first two decades. I mean… this is ridiculous: Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Amy Poehler, Fred Armisen, Jason Sudekis, Andy Samberg, Maya Rudolph and Will Forte.
The 91 cast was pretty good... I absolutely hated Sandler on SNL...but I never miss his movies, lol

OP
OP
Superbone

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one year with Martin Short, Christopher Guest, and Billy Crystal was also a standout. Synchronized swimming anybody?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
My favorite part is usually the weekend update. I think Colin Jost and Michael Che are the best of all time. They have soo much fun. Their end of year joke swap is the best portion of the weekend update ever (I didn't start watching until Nealon). I would have loved to see Chevy Chase.

I also loved Kevin Nealon and Norm Macdonald.

Reaction score
My favorite part is usually the weekend update. I think Colin Jost and Michael Che are the best of all time. They have soo much fun. Their end of year joke swap is the best portion of the weekend update ever (I didn't start watching until Nealon). I would have loved to see Chevy Chase.

I also loved Kevin Nealon and Norm Macdonald.
Chase & Curtain were pretty good. Just can't get over the fact that Chase was a huge A-hole & still is. Murray threatened to beat the crap out of him once. Murray was kind of the protector in the early years which surprised me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giugurta