Seacow’s Overreaction Monday (On a Wednesday…)

seacow

Reaction score
I’ve been listening to a lot of Rich Eisen recently and have been particularly fond of his Overreaction Monday podcast. Hence I thought it may be fun to do one specifically for the NFC West following week 2s action. The aim of this isn’t to provide objectively factual statements or projections, but over the top observations that you could argue have some credibility...

So, here we go…

1. Our beloved AZ Cardinals. The Cards are going to win the NFC West.

2. The LA Rams will miss the playoffs and have a top 10 pick.

3. The 49ers is should have traded B. Aiyuk whilst his stock was high.

4. The Seahawks are a modern Ben Roethlisberger led stealers (later years) - mid QB, decent coaching, good WR, but never going to win the SB.

Ps this may be a terrible thread/ idea but please be kind haha.

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Reaction score
I like it

Ill try---

Arizona Cardinals: Kyler is a top 3 MVP Candidate
Rams: Sell at deadline
49ers: Hassan Reddick's new home?
Seahawks: Win the West

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
I like it

Ill try---

Arizona Cardinals: Kyler is a top 3 MVP Candidate
Rams: Sell at deadline
49ers: Hassan Reddick's new home?
Seahawks: Win the West

1. Love it! Barring injury and he continues to play like he did against the rams, this is plausible

2. Sorry for my stupidity, what do you mean sell at the deadline?

3. Plausible if bosa is injured - they have a history of investing capital into prime agents: Trent Williams, mccaffrey etc

4. I’m going with overreaction - I find them painfully mid and will be found out against better teams

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
Also should have said that the discourse should be whether these overreactions are potentially plausible or not… thus sparking debate!

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
lol! Go big or go home.
Cardinals win the west.
They’ll blow right through the playoffs and beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

Would love this. But my realistic mind tells me the defence will fold like a stack of cards (excuse the pun) against a semi competent offence.

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Reaction score
1. Love it! Barring injury and he continues to play like he did against the rams, this is plausible

2. Sorry for my stupidity, what do you mean sell at the deadline?

3. Plausible if bosa is injured - they have a history of investing capital into prime agents: Trent Williams, mccaffrey etc

4. I’m going with overreaction - I find them painfully mid and will be found out against better teams
Well lets say they trade Stafford at the trade deadline or something like that

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
It's the NFL, just about anything is possible.

Very true. However, one of the overreactions used on the podcast was the 49ers walked away from the wrong QB. Ie they should have kept Darnold and traded Purdy. Clearly as pointed out on the show this is ludicrous haha.

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
Budda and the Miracles turn into a top five NFL defensive unit!

Top three against the run!

I feel this is definitely leaning in the overreaction direction, rather than plausible haha.

I just can’t see the DL holding up against better opponents. The lions will be a very good test for the defence.

I’m hoping Kyler and the offence help the defence by keeping them off the field as much as possible.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I feel this is definitely leaning in the overreaction direction, rather than plausible haha.

I just can’t see the DL holding up against better opponents. The lions will be a very good test for the defence.

I’m hoping Kyler and the offence help the defence by keeping them off the field as much as possible.
Lions will be a big test. They have an excellent thunder and lightning running game combo with strong oline.

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
Lions will be a big test. They have an excellent thunder and lightning running game combo with strong oline.

Excited for this game. I feel they will also have something to prove after a poor showing against the Bucs.

Hopefully home advantage plays a big part and we dominate TOP, which will be crucial for a win.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Ha! If you stick around seacow (need an origin story for this name please!) you'll find that I'm one of the more optimistic members of the group! One of the officers in the Kool-Aid Brigade for certain! lol.

But seriously, I do think the SFS crowd will be pretty pumped up on Sunday, and I'm confident our defense was feeding off the home crowd energy last week vs. LA. They were rallying to the ball seacow!

With that said, I understand we're facing an offense that's much closer to BUF than to LA in terms of capabilities. Agree with everyone this will be a great test for the defense!

Your to-dos:

1. Origin story for your name
2. Origin story for your Cardinal's fandom.

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
Ha! If you stick around seacow (need an origin story for this name please!) you'll find that I'm one of the more optimistic members of the group! One of the officers in the Kool-Aid Brigade for certain! lol.

But seriously, I do think the SFS crowd will be pretty pumped up on Sunday, and I'm confident our defense was feeding off the home crowd energy last week vs. LA. They were rallying to the ball seacow!

With that said, I understand we're facing an offense that's much closer to BUF than to LA in terms of capabilities. Agree with everyone this will be a great test for the defense!

Your to-dos:

1. Origin story for your name
2. Origin story for your Cardinal's fandom.

Haha I see! I think I’m more an optimist than a pessimist, but definitely with a have heavy dosing of realism. Being a lifelong Preston North End fan (soccer team who are perennially average and always the underdog) has taught me to keep expectations low and enjoy the ride for what it is. Although, I very much enjoy your optimism!

I really hope that the crowd had as much of an effect on the defence as you eluded to. They’ve also surely gained confidence from the win. I really like this coaching staff and I have full confidence they’ll be able to create a game plan to disrupt the lions defence, now whether this is enough to mitigate the lack of talent, we shall see… it’s going to be a fun ride.

Haha my username. As a bairn I came over to the USA to Florida with my family and went swimming with manatees (or seacows). I realised that seacow was an amalgamation of the start of mine and my wee brothers names SEan, COnner and OWen. Ever since then I’ve used it for most usernames. Unfortunately not a funny story haha.

I started supporting the Cards after playing fantasy football. My dad and wee bro were always into American football and dragged me into their fantasy league (I hadn’t watched any of the NFL at that point). Due to lack of knowledge I was just picking random players and stumbled upon a David Johnson… and it was the 2016 season. Suffice to say he scored me a lot of points so I was naturally watching a lot of Card games. At the end of the season I decided to pick my team as the Cards, they seemed to fit the description of my other sports teams - underdogs but with the right leadership could really do something. Very random, I know!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha I see! I think I’m more an optimist than a pessimist, but definitely with a have heavy dosing of realism. Being a lifelong Preston North End fan (soccer team who are perennially average and always the underdog) has taught me to keep expectations low and enjoy the ride for what it is. Although, I very much enjoy your optimism!

I really hope that the crowd had as much of an effect on the defence as you eluded to. They’ve also surely gained confidence from the win. I really like this coaching staff and I have full confidence they’ll be able to create a game plan to disrupt the lions defence, now whether this is enough to mitigate the lack of talent, we shall see… it’s going to be a fun ride.

Haha my username. As a bairn I came over to the USA to Florida with my family and went swimming with manatees (or seacows). I realised that seacow was an amalgamation of the start of mine and my wee brothers names SEan, COnner and OWen. Ever since then I’ve used it for most usernames. Unfortunately not a funny story haha.

I started supporting the Cards after playing fantasy football. My dad and wee bro were always into American football and dragged me into their fantasy league (I hadn’t watched any of the NFL at that point). Due to lack of knowledge I was just picking random players and stumbled upon a David Johnson… and it was the 2016 season. Suffice to say he scored me a lot of points so I was naturally watching a lot of Card games. At the end of the season I decided to pick my team as the Cards, they seemed to fit the description of my other sports teams - underdogs but with the right leadership could really do something. Very random, I know!
Great story and thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

cracking good stuff seacow, thank you! Agree the perpetual underdog mentality fits right in with the Cardinals, haha.

But this is the best Cardinals board in the universe, and we've got all kinds of characters that make it most entertaining and informative! These folks love the Cardinals so much man, that's what makes it so special.

And a few on here might even talk some soccer with you! :)

OP
OP
S

seacow

Reaction score
cracking good stuff seacow, thank you! Agree the perpetual underdog mentality fits right in with the Cardinals, haha.

But this is the best Cardinals board in the universe, and we've got all kinds of characters that make it most entertaining and informative! These folks love the Cardinals so much man, that's what makes it so special.

And a few on here might even talk some soccer with you! :)

If I’m honest, I could never start of with supporting a winning team such as the chiefs currently, it’d feel too much like jumping on the bandwagon / glory hunting haha.

I’ve actually been reading the message board for quite a while now, but finally felt the urge to start posting

Haha would love to talk soccer anytime friends!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser