Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looked like ball 4 to Counsell but instead he hits into a double play.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was listening to the D'Backs post game show in KTAR last night and they were laying this current slump on Gonzo and Finley. Essentially saying as these two go so goes the rest of the team.

A bit unfair in my opinion.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you guys recall such a batting slump? 15 runs in the last 10 games is pathetic.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bautista has hit the ball very hard but nothing to show for it.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a feeling Murphy won't be back next year as the hitting coach.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Cintron then commits an error and the lead is now 2-0! Fox just got a basehit and now the bases are loaded with 1 out! CRAP!! :mad: :mad:

We need Joobu

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ugh - the offense continues to struggle! Out of 6 possible innings where they could score, they score absolutely nothing! :mad:

Its like we're stuck in neutral with the parking brake on - and yet we continue to wonder why we aren't going anywhere!

Last edited:

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Six straight balls thrown by Penny, yet Finley still swings at one low and away (borderline strike) and pops up....Bautista comes right back with a K....Cintron K's on one at eye-level...AAAAAUGH!!!

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I don't get it! I simply don't get it!

After throwing 6 straight balls Finley swings at a pich low and away and meerly pops out! Batista gets ahead 2-0 and swings at 3 straight balls to strike out! :evil:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Bautista and Cintron proceed to both strike-out on pitches that were way of the strike-zone.... So again, 2-runners that got on w/less than 2-outs were stranded....

Im just beginning to wonder if let's say the Dbacks do get that "slugger" they're in desperate need of, would that be even sufficient enough? It could serve as some wake-up call, but it appears now they need a complete overhaul of their line-up.....

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, Barajas leads-off the 8th with a double.... Urbina is now coming into the game replacing Penny...Unfortunately though, Grace will be entering the game as a pinch-hitter (for Dessens who has driven in 1-more run than Grace has over this past month).....

Last edited:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingLouieLouie
Okay, Barajas leads-off the 8th with a double.... Urbina is now coming into the game replacing Penny...Unfortunately though, Grace will be entering the game as a pinch-hitter (for Dessens who has driven in 1-more run than Grace has over this past month).....

Well, I'll at least give some credit to Grace for advancing Barajas over to 3rd (1st time they had a runner past 2nd).... Now the "Katalyst" is up and he comes thru w/a long-sac fly to RF....