Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mark Grace should retire, period. I wonder if the Diamondbacks would release him like they did with Williams?

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following the sac-fly by Kata, Counsell got on with a double, however, Gonzo followed with a shallow fly-ball to retire the side.....

I don't mean to necessarily single out Gonzo here, but it seems he's been pressing a lot recently.... Trying to pull the ball opposed to spray-it like he has done in the past.....

Let's hope that Valverde can keep it a one-run game...
Encarnacion, Fox, and Cabrera due-up for the Marlins...

Looper warming-up in the Marlins BP.......Due-up in the Dbacks 9th are.... Baerga, Finley, and Bautista w/Hillenbrand, Spivey, Moeller, and Dellucci available on the bench......

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks lose 2-1. Something has to be done very soon. This is getting frustrating. 16 run in 11 games. Bring up the entire Sidewinders, they couldn't do worse.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingLouieLouie
Looper warming-up in the Marlins BP.......Due-up in the Dbacks 9th are.... Baerga, Finley, and Bautista w/Hillenbrand, Spivey, Moeller, and Dellucci available on the bench......

Okay, Baerga, Finley, and Bautista were retired in order....
The Marlins win 2-1.... I must question Brenly here... He usually plays the percentages and didn't pinch-hit for Bautista, who's been "woeful" (especially against RH pitchers)..... He had Dellucci (who is LH) and Hillenbrand (who's a supposed "power-threat" at his disposal.... I can speculate here.... I wonder by not using Spivey in this game, that he's been traded and it wont be announced until after the game.... Perhaps I'm reading too much into things, but he's their most marketable player that they'd be willing to trade.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bill Mueller of the Red Sox hit 3 home runs tonight, 2 were grand slams. Bill became the first player in the history of baseball to hit a grand slam from both sides in the same game. Mueller had more rbi's tonight than the Diamondbacks have had in over a week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
NL Wild Card Standings After Tuesday's games:

Philadelphia 58-47
Florida 58-49
Arizona 56-51
St. Louis 55-51
Colorado 56-53
Los Angeles 54-51
Chicago Cubs 53-52

I think the wild card comes down to this - one of these teams is going to have one hot streak and that will be all the cushion they need, because other than Flordia - who I expect to fade - none of these teams are playing like they want to be in the playoffs.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Looking at the lineup for tonight, I notice that Bautista is playing LF for Gonzo - just curious if Gonzo's elbow is bothering him after getting plunked last night, or BB is going with lefty/righty matchup against Willis....or a bit of both. I'm glad the game is on ESPN2 so I can watch Big Unit v Willis, along with Mondesi's debut in RF.

GO D'BACKS!!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonzo has a sore elbow and with Willis being a lefty they gave Gonzo the day off.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by IndyDback
Looking at the lineup for tonight, I notice that Bautista is playing LF for Gonzo - just curious if Gonzo's elbow is bothering him after getting plunked last night, or BB is going with lefty/righty matchup against Willis....or a bit of both. I'm glad the game is on ESPN2 so I can watch Big Unit v Willis, along with Mondesi's debut in RF.

GO D'BACKS!!

Batista is probably starting for 2 reasons.

1) The elbow still may be swollen and restrictive to his elbows motion

2) Gonzo has been struggling with the bat

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Finley follows Cintron's home run with a triple. Let's see if they can get him in.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Mondesi is a late scratch - McQ gets the start in right field.

CINTRON - HOME RUN!!!

FINS - TRIPLE!!!

Nice start, D'Backs!!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shea grounds out and Finley does not score. I thought we got Shea for situations like he was just in?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if the Diamondbacks are going to make another trade?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't get Finley in but they do have a 1-0 lead.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice inning for Randy. Maybe they can get some more runs for him.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evil Ash
Is Mondesi not with the team yet?

They said he was in the starting line-up but was then scratched. I think he is there.