Season ticket deposit due

FJM

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Not to take sides here but to call someone out due to how long they may have posted on a cardinals message board on the internet is downright silly. Many people never had computers or just didnt know that this stuff existed even if they did have a computer.

I had season tickets the first 5 years the Cards were in AZ then I moved to vegas. I still made 3 trips a year to watch my beloved team play! I must admit it looks as though I am going to buy season tickets again this year and make 10 trips a year now regardless of what happened with boston and that situation. Why would I still do this??

BECAUSE IM A FAN! ALWAYS WILL BE!

Good for you Shane.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
Jake's gone, get over it. Good riddance on non renewing, we need less fans like you anyway.

Start posting here. www.ilovejakeplummer.com. or www.denverbroncos.com

KOC - this team can't afford to lose anything else - much less people from it's pathetic fan base in the Valley (not saying Cards fans are pathetic - but the overall fan base is - 35 g a game - it's so sad.)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
I really don't care FJM and AzFan1 that you gave up your tickets. Whoopity-Doo! That'll show 'em! When (Before I die hopefully) this team wins and makes the playoffs, you and thousands like you will come back. But it won't be near as sweet for you as it will be for those of us who stayed the whole time. You were gutless quitters when the going was a little tough and you'll know it deep down.

It's funny but didn't declining attendacne and apathy actually force the Suns to make major changes to their team after Jason Kidd put us into our 50 win - one and done legacy? Personally everyone her is probably gonna say Kidd was traded because he hit his wife - but the Suns don't screw around - we weren't winning jack, the fans were bored and not showing up, and that hit Joumana took was the perfect PR move to justify the trade to the rest of the league. If no one showed up to the card games and attendance was only something like 10,000 a game (won't ever happen and I know this) - but the NFL would step in somehow or Bidwill would change his ways. Continuing to support a team that doesn't care about tells the owner he can do whatever he wants.

That being said, I will continue to support this team even though I don't think the owner cares and it;s for this simple reason - IT'S NFL FOOTBALL. Sadly, I can't make the sacrifice to give up on my monetarily like other, but I won't flame them either. You really can't blame them, can you?(except those becoming Donkey fans or finding another team - that's not right)

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can support the team and not have season tickets. To make the link between having season tickets and being a fan is ludicrous.

Since this is not a publicly traded company the only real voice you have is your money and how you spend it. If the product stinks (will anyone really dare argue this point???) then one way to voice your displeasure with the direction of the team is to not support it financially by not buying tickets.

There are many reasons why people do not buy season tickets. There are many reasons for being a fan and having tickets is not one of them.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
This is not a jab, just a few questions I'm curious about. The other day you posted somewhere that a friend you went to the games with who would sometimes moon the owners box, is no longer renewing his season tickets. Was he a native, or did he move to Arizona? And what are your views about your friend not renewing season tickets compared to some of these other posters who said they won't renew?

He is a native. The engine in his truck just blew and it is going to cost him to fix it. It is financial. Oh well he is a nutcase anyway. Plus I bet he'll end up going to almost every game anyway.

Our other buddy is taking over his seat.

Last edited:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by FJM
You and KingofCards seem to me to be "Johnny come latelys." I don't recall you two being on the Cards Corner board

What the hell are you talking about?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef

That being said, I will continue to support this team even though I don't think the owner cares and it;s for this simple reason - IT'S NFL FOOTBALL. Sadly, I can't make the sacrifice to give up on my monetarily like other, but I won't flame them either. You really can't blame them, can you?(except those becoming Donkey fans or finding another team - that's not right)

I respect your decision to support the team. I also respect people's decision to not buy tickets. I've known so many people who gave up their tickets the last fifteen years. What I don't respect is fans who give up their tickets and whine about it in order to rationalize it. That, I can't stand. Personally, I don't go to cheer the owners, so I'm not going to give up my tickets because of the owners. Totally illogical to me.

These two guys I addressed couldn't just say, "I'm not buying tickets next year, I'm not interested anymore." Or, something similar. Instead, they have to pile on a bunch of "I told you so's" and comments to prove how smart they are. That way, they look good, in their own eyes, just in case the bandwagon is rolling forward again. Then they can say, "Now I can support them, blah, blah blah." And minimizing the fact they are much like bandwagon fans they themselves have almost certainly blasted in the past.

I'm far from a Bidwill apologist. I've knocked him many times. But, I love the game and the team so I go. So what if Bidwill makes money off of me? I don't care for a lot of major companies but I still like to have food and nice things. I'm sure a lot of those CEOs are bastards, but I'm not going to move to a commune.

Besides, there is so much drama queen stuff over Jake and Boston leaving. When they played together the first six, seven games last year our offense sucked rear. The only good offensive games last year we had were when Shipp and Jones had good games running. Unless you count the first SF game when a poor secondary laid back on us after they had a huge lead. Hell, any QB and WR worth their salt can play decent when teams are respecting the play action. You'd think we just let Montana and Rice, or Bradshaw and Swann, go right after we won the Super Bowl the way some people are wringing their hands.

Yeah, there's a pretty good chance we might not be better next year. But, I don't feel the need to get a tampon because of it in March. There's always a chance. So, I'll go. If we suck, yet again, I still enjoy breaking down the player's performances and the coaches strategies and everything else that goes with NFL football.

FJM

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
What the hell are you talking about?

Don't know about Cards Corner??????
That explains it. I would be careful about calling someone a Band Wagon fan.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

Originally posted by FJM
You and KingofCards seem to me to be "Johnny come latelys." I don't recall you two being on the Cards Corner board or how long you have been season ticket holders. We have backed the Cards with our money right out of the box and have been season ticket holders since 1988. So I don't think we are bandwagon fans, and resent your inference that we are. We have also attended away games. How about you?
Because we disagree with your short sightedness regarding the Cards does not give me the right to call you an illerate, or that your views should be ignored, and invite you two to leave this board.

I never went to that board, I did not realize it was a prerequisite to be taken seriously on this one.:rolleyes: My family had had season tickets since I think 1990. Only reason we don't anymore is because my parents did not want me to be coming up from college for every game, they wanted me to take a little time for my studies. It's one thing to not have season tickets. That's fine, it's your money and I can't spend it for you. But when someone says they are going to go and find a new team because they are not happy with this one, to me that's a bandwagon fan.

adam
________
Homemade vaporizer

Last edited:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by FJM

I still post sometimes at Cards Corner.

When the Cards moved here I was 15. Became an instant fan, but had no way to purchase tickets. When I had the finacial capability I bought my tickets, and will have them as long as I can afford them, regardless of how they perform in the first two weeks of Free agency :rolleyes:.

I didn't know about the internet sites until Oct 2001.

I didn't call you a band wagon fan either. Show where?

I think the fact that I am a season ticket holder presently has more to do with whether or not I am fan than how long I have been posting on internet sites. :rolleyes: That logic is completely foolish. The VAST MAJORITY of Cards fans do not post on the internet.

Last edited:

FJM

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
I never went to that board, I did not realize it was a prerequisite to be taken seriously on this one.:rolleyes: My family had had season tickets since I think 1990. Only reason we don't anymore is because my parents did not want me to be coming up from college for every game, they wanted me to take a little time for my studies. It's one thing to not have season tickets. That's fine, it's your money and I can't spend it for you. But when someone says they are going to go and find a new team because they are not happy with this one, to me that's a bandwagon fan.

adam

Adam, where did I ever say that I was looking for a new team to support?

For your info prior to SKKorp's board there was a board called Rivals and a spinoff of that board is AZPROSPORTS.COM. Further, earlier their was a board called Cards Corner that most of the long time posters on this board posted.
SKKorp, Jholt, Jeff Gollin are among those that have been Cardinal fans for years that posted on CC. We lost a number of great posters because they just had enough of the new posters spewing their nonsense.

A couple of weeks ago JHolt asked me if Jake left would I become a fan of his new team. I answered no. We were fans before Jake and still are now that he's gone. But our friends and us have decided enough is enough and cancelled our season tickets. We'll pick the games we want to see and that will be governed by who the opponents are. No more pre season games with the temp over 100 degrees.

Now, if you have something constructive to say, fine, but you can take your bandwagon crap someplace else.

Azfan1

Reaction score
I only wish the Cardinals get as upset about my not renewing as some of you guys did. I didn't mean to stir you guys up. I probably could have chosen my words a little more carefully. I have known some of you guys as CARDSFANS from various websites. The old AOL Cards Corner being the one where I first met and Skkorp, Jeff Gollin and others. I was very pleased to find this site and I spend a little time here most every day. I haven't been a big poster simply because I don't enjoy the personal attacks that goes with an Intenet bulletin board. I will continue to "Root, Root, Root for the home teams" including the CARDS. I just reached the point that I was no longer getting my moneys worth. I will watch some other teams as well as the CARDS on my NFL Sunday Ticket, and I will probably attend a game or two at SDS....I respectfully disagree with the "Bandwagon Fan" attack....I honestly don't think I deserved that. I wish the best for the CARDS and their Fans of which I still am.....I just am not going to put all of my NFL entertainment dollars and hopes on this one team any longer. GBR

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

Originally posted by FJM
Adam, where did I ever say that I was looking for a new team to support?

For your info prior to SKKorp's board there was a board called Rivals and a spinoff of that board is AZPROSPORTS.COM. Further, earlier their was a board called Cards Corner that most of the long time posters on this board posted.
SKKorp, Jholt, Jeff Gollin are among those that have been Cardinal fans for years that posted on CC. We lost a number of great posters because they just had enough of the new posters spewing their nonsense.

A couple of weeks ago JHolt asked me if Jake left would I become a fan of his new team. I answered no. We were fans before Jake and still are now that he's gone. But our friends and us have decided enough is enough and cancelled our season tickets. We'll pick the games we want to see and that will be governed by who the opponents are. No more pre season games with the temp over 100 degrees.

Now, if you have something constructive to say, fine, but you can take your bandwagon crap someplace else.

Well, my original post was directed at AZfan1 who said "I am going to find myself a REAL FOOTBALL TEAM." That is saying that they are looking for a new team to support. That is why I made the bandwagon fan comment, it was not directed at you and it never was. If you would have read my post and seen who I was quoting when I made it then you would have known this. I apologize for the confusion.

As far as posting on boards, I did post on the AZProsports board for about a year before it got shut down, then I came over here. :)

adam
________
Hotels in mexico city

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FJM

Sorry but that statement makes you sound like a complete and utter idiot!

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Paid for my tickets yesterday. If it helps, I don't know what the Cards Corner is either. I didn't start posting on message boards until about a year or so ago. I still don't post very often, but who really cares. I'm not really sure how it might make me less of a fan.

Either way, the Avengers will still live on!!!:thumbup:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardAvenger
Paid for my tickets yesterday. If it helps, I don't know what the Cards Corner is either. I didn't start posting on message boards until about a year or so ago. I still don't post very often, but who really cares. I'm not really sure how it might make me less of a fan.

Either way, the Avengers will still live on!!!:thumbup:

Can't wait till the first game man.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
This was six months ago...

Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
I'm not falling for it again this season.

No deposit this year. No return.

I had four seats for the past two years, and couldn't even GIVE seats away to avoid going stag for cripes-sake! I even had the seats my wife wanted, and she wouldn't go until late October.

I don't really see any need to rush out a buy tickets. I save 10% with season tickets, but HAVE to buy pre-season game tickets?

I'll pay full price at the box office instead.

I did indeed end up renewing my season tickets.

Somehow I feel as though I've come full circle.

I will continue to go to every game this year, rain or shine, hot or cold.

Perhaps I just can't let go of "the dream"...