Seriously...Charlotte?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Notice Nash's name is not included nor Amare... the previous core of the Sun's team. What's the saying, you have to believe.

You put JC on this team and a PF who is better at rebounding and defense...I bet this team would be better.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Bah...people were complaining last year about Nash horrible passing at times. Your acting like this started this year. Look at the threads even pre Shaq. People were bitching about it last year.

It's just more exposed now because other people are turning the ball over as well. Mainly Amare and Barnes off the bench.
Its quite simple, you just watch the number of defenders in the lane area and who their assignments are. Shaqs, hills, barnes men are camping out there, splapping at amare when he tries to dribble penetrate. And on defense, everyone is protecting shaq and amare from fouls, giving up even 15' jumpers and the shortest 3 pt shots from the baseline, its pathetic.. Porter has not been getting any spacing with his scheme/roster. ANd why would he if he dumps the ball down low so predictably

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You put JC on this team and a PF who is better at rebounding and defense...I bet this team would be better.

I'm down with you about Jerry Colangelo coming back. He would clean up this mess in a hurry.

I know you're kidding but JC and BC ran a pretty good ship.

nowagimp

Reaction score

And you bet this current team would also do better than last years team, and we know about that. But they are "built for the playoffs", just cant get in.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its quite simple, you just watch the number of defenders in the lane area and who their assignments are. Shaqs, hills, barnes men are camping out there. And on defense, everyone is protecting shaq and amare from fouls, giving up even 15' jumpers, its pathetic.. Porter has not been getting any spacin with his scheme. ANd why would he if he dumps the ball down low so predictably

As stated before this team might have spacing issues but it's much more then that.

PS.. Nobody but nobody is being protected from fouls more then Nash and Amare. Even Shaq picks up fouls left and right because of Nash and Amare.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated before this team might have spacing issues but it's much more then that.

PS.. Nobody but nobody is being protected from fouls more then Nash and Amare. Even Shaq picks up fouls left and right because of Nash and Amare.

You're losing me SteelDog. Nash and Amare are just not buying the stuff Porter is selling, hence they are just going through the motions. Is it right, maybe not. But the players miss the old offense that made them good. This was the style they were meant to play. Again this team is tuning out Porter and his system.

nowagimp

Reaction score
You're losing me SteelDog. Nash and Amare are just not buying the stuff Porter is selling, hence they are just going through the motions. Is it right, maybe not. But the players miss the old offense that made them good. This was the style they were meant to play. Again this team is tuning out Porter and his system.

Why should they believe porter, he has done NOTHING in the NBA as a coach. When the team slides after a philosophy change and everyone but shaq suffers statistically while they lose many more games, what do YOU think they think?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Because some of these issues Amare and Nash were having started last year under D'Antoni. It's not as simple as it being just Porter.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because some of these issues Amare and Nash were having started last year under D'Antoni. It's not as simple as it being just Porter.

It never is, but it is a starting point. Make Gentry an interim HC until it can be sorted out. The Suns would then need to decide which big man (Shaq or Amare) they want to keep. I don't see either liking the bench.

Also I had to say that Shaq has become the big dog and Amare the little dog. Egos get in the way. One needs to go as well as Porter.

Last edited:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Why is Porter always the person to blame? He isn't out there playing and sucking, sure he unexperienced, but the players should always play to the best of their ability and some of them aren't.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
so in this stalinesque move we back a totally unknown coaching commodity, porter, and screw amare a perennial all star? If this didnt happen after getting rid of 2 rotation players to appease the coach, then I might agree. But everybody is a bum and porter is right is nonsense. Clearly the players have figured out that the suns coach doesnt know how to win with this roster(or them).

Huh? What part of "Fire Porter or let him resign asap." didn't make sense?

I think Porter needs to be gone yesterday. My post was not defending him in the slightest. He's a nice guy in the wrong job, and it grows more obvious with each game.

I was advocating some grown-up behavior by Amare IF (key word) he is dogging it in order to be traded. If this horrible, no effort play lately is his way of trying to get traded, bench him until he figures out that is not the way to do it. He should not be allowed to pull a Vince Carter on the Suns franchise. And I like Amare.

If it is anything else that is causing the crappy, no effort play, help him figure it out and move forward.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Why is Porter always the person to blame? He isn't out there playing and sucking, sure he unexperienced, but the players should always play to the best of their ability and some of them aren't.

You really need to learn a little bit about the league Andrew. Seriously. Trading players isn't easy, and it is OBVIOUS Terry Porter has lost this team. You might not be able to see that on your horrible Chinese web feed of the game.

You don't just turn around and say, "Hey, I want to trade a guy making 20million bucks a year", and then the next day a good trade happens. Firing Porter is as much a financial decision as a personnel one.

Porter is only ONE of the problems, but he is one of the easiest to address.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Trading players isn't easy, and it is OBVIOUS Terry Porter has lost this team. You might not be able to see that on your horrible Chinese web feed of the game.

You don't just turn around and say, "Hey, I want to trade a guy making 20million bucks a year", and then the next day a good trade happens. Firing Porter is as much a financial decision as a personnel one.

Bump. People wanting to trade half the roster (or even 1 of the big three of Amare, Shaq or Nash) right now need to read Chap's post.

Mega-trades are very difficult in the NBA. Average coaches are a dime a dozen and replaced all the time by teams that are struggling to reach their potential.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Did I ever say trading players was easy? I simply stated that SOME of them aren't playing to the best of their ability, that is fact. The reason I said why is he always the first person to blame is valid. I never stated he wasn't a part of the problem. The bigger problem is on the play of the roster, not on Porter. When it comes down to it, I don't care who the hell is coaching you, if your guys don't play to the best of their ability, you are gonna suck.
You really need to learn a little bit about the league Andrew. Seriously. Trading players isn't easy, and it is OBVIOUS Terry Porter has lost this team. You might not be able to see that on your horrible Chinese web feed of the game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Did I ever say trading players was easy? I simply stated that SOME of them aren't playing to the best of their ability, that is fact. The reason I said why is he always the first person to blame is valid. I never stated he wasn't a part of the problem. The bigger problem is on the play of the roster, not on Porter. When it comes down to it, I don't care who the hell is coaching you, if your guys don't play to the best of their ability, you are gonna suck.

What are you talking about? Porter hasn't been the first person blamed--it's been Amare for weeks!

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
It's Amare 1a and Porter 1b, and to my dismay it actually looked like at times, Amare was TRYING, maybe his knees are giving out.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Its quite simple, you just watch the number of defenders in the lane area and who their assignments are. Shaqs, hills, barnes men are camping out there, splapping at amare when he tries to dribble penetrate. And on defense, everyone is protecting shaq and amare from fouls, giving up even 15' jumpers and the shortest 3 pt shots from the baseline, its pathetic.. Porter has not been getting any spacing with his scheme/roster. ANd why would he if he dumps the ball down low so predictably
Yeah, because that strategy has never been proven to facilitate positive results in the past.....
You know, go to a big man in the post and get a high % shot, or wait for the double team and get an open look from either a slasher or a perimeter jump shot.:sarcasm:
The spacing is an issue at times for sure,but to say it's due to deliberately going into Shaq is a misinformed and misguided analysis.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As a non Suns fan I'm compelled to ask WTF is wrong with you guys??!
All the talent you guys have? I was at a bar and thought I had to much to drink wehn I saw that score

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All the talent you guys have? I was at a bar and thought I had to much to drink wehn I saw that score

It's the Cardinals' fault.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's like if the football Cardinals had a bad coach.