Shaq to Miami?

fordronken

Reaction score
Just reported on ESPNews that talks are going on between the Lakers and the Heat. I think Lamar Odom would make a really good Scottie Pippen to Kobe's MJ.

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Odom, Grant, and a 1st rounder for Shaq. Lakers apparently asked for Wade as well. Miami probably laughed at that one.

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
Honestly, if I were the Lakers, I would seriously look at a deal with Miami. They've got enough young players and draft picks to give them a chance to rebuild nicely around Kobe. They won't win a title next year even with Shaq, so you may as well start this thing off now.

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Lakers should deal Shaq to the East.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Odom, Grant and a #1? If I was the Lakers, I'd vomit at that offer for Shaq. But since I'm a Suns fan, I say GO FOR IT!

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Odom, Grant and a #1? If I was the Lakers, I'd vomit at that offer for Shaq. But since I'm a Suns fan, I say GO FOR IT!
I agree it would be nice to see Shaq out of the West

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
fordronken said:
What if they added Udonis Haslem?

Udonis would be a good backup for Shaq. But if he were in the deal, he would be a good addition for the Lakers and soften the blow, but it's still bad--to go from Shaq to Brian Grant and Udonis Haslem as your centers? Yuck.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I am sure they would have to include Wade in the deal no way Miami gets away with this steal.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Man I bet pat reilly would love to get shaq....considering shaq still has property in florida...why not?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I read that O'Neal recently added Miami to the list of teams he would accept a trade to -- not that he really has any say in the matter -- so that's probably why the rumors are flying now.

It's very difficult to imagine the Lakers taking on Grant's contract when they might be faced with a few years of rebuilding. And there's no way that Grant can play center in the West, so he'd basically be an overpriced mediocre starting PF.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
I still see Dampier ending up in LA

Payton
Kobe
Odom
Grant
Dampier

How do you think that will happen? Odom and Grant come to the Lakers for Shaq. The Lakers won't have enough room to actually sign Dampier, so how do the Lakers get him? :shrug:

Maximus

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Udonis would be a good backup for Shaq. But if he were in the deal, he would be a good addition for the Lakers and soften the blow, but it's still bad--to go from Shaq to Brian Grant and Udonis Haslem as your centers? Yuck.
You think it would suck for the Lakers to go from Shaq to Udonis...think how bad it would suck to be Udonis Haslem and be Shaq's replacement in LA? Poor guy...

loudandobnoxious

7 yrds olld
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
How do you think that will happen? Odom and Grant come to the Lakers for Shaq. The Lakers won't have enough room to actually sign Dampier, so how do the Lakers get him? :shrug:
Another one of their "sign for the veteran's minimum and you get a ring" schemes.

Dave64

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The rumors are Grant, Odom, Caron Butler, and a #1 for Shaq and Cook. Don't know if it is true or not. If the Laker did that, they would get three starters for Shaq. Grant would be a little small for the 5 in the west.