Shipp is hurt

seesred

Reaction score
I hate that turf. I remember when we lost Rosenbaugh to that turf when his foot got caught and twisted his knee. Now Shipp. Next week in Minny I hope we don't play our team get a bunch of scabs. I hate this. Moore got hurt in Minny twisted out.

GBR

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Stacey Mack anyone. :thumbup:

Would be a great goalline guy at the least.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Stacey Mack anyone. :thumbup:

Would be a great goalline guy at the least.

Maybe Green makes a pitch to Robert Smith.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
This was all a conspiracy to get Robert Smith back.... is he even in playing shape??

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
masterphomeg said:
I think a roster spot just opened up for Mr. Robert Smith... :shrug:

lol yeah that too

(actually I was just saying "Bueller" as in the move Ferris Bueller, cuz no one seems to know how Shipp hurt his ankle.. lol) :D

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Shipp's Injury

According to the post-game with DG.. it is a dislocation, expecte time out = 8 weeks... :(

Jim O

Reaction score
thirty-two said:
How did the injury happen any way?

Did it happen in a pile-up or was it him cutting ?

It happened in a pile-up. After everyone got off the pile, Marcel had his leg in the air and his foot was pointing the wrong way. It didn't look good. He has since gone to the hospital for more tests.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim Omohundro said:
It happened in a pile-up. His foot was pointing the wrong way. It didn't llok good. He has since gone to the hospital for more tests.

Thanks, Jim.

God, that must have hurt. UGH.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cardinals should pay to install field turf in that dome. I know it doesn't factor into this, i think at least.

Damn Croom sounded good but this is a blow.

Who is available in free agency? Leeland McElroy?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Mark my words: Before midseason, if not sooner, Anderson will be the starting RB. Everyone who thinks he'll be cut is either insane or smoking something, IMO. The guy showed some real flashes before, and from what we've been hearing, he's returning to form. Before his injury-plagued final college season, he was a Heisman candidate and I saw great things for him in the NFL. He's got the speed, good enough size, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Take it to the bank, folks.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Stout said:
Mark my words: Before midseason, if not sooner, Anderson will be the starting RB. Everyone who thinks he'll be cut is either insane or smoking something, IMO. The guy showed some real flashes before, and from what we've been hearing, he's returning to form. Before his injury-plagued final college season, he was a Heisman candidate and I saw great things for him in the NFL. He's got the speed, good enough size, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Take it to the bank, folks.

Dude, I was thinking the same thing. Someone has to step up. He didn't get a touch tonight though, or did he?

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I sure hope not. After hearing an interview with Smith two weeks ago, I can't think of many players I dislike as much.

CardsRep03

Registered
Reaction score
Boy I thought the Rams were dinged up bad but we got caught up in a hurry. It sucks bad, but injuries happen. All you can do is have all your players ready to fill in and not miss a beat. All we can hope for is a Smith-Anderson-Scobey-Croom running back by committee thingy. (Which is what I figured anyway. I just figured Marcel would be one of the key players in this) Get well soon Marcel. My prayers are with ya on a speedy recovery.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
CardsRep03 said:
Boy I thought the Rams were dinged up bad but we got caught up in a hurry. It sucks bad, but injuries happen. All you can do is have all your players ready to fill in and not miss a beat. All we can hope for is a Smith-Anderson-Scobey-Croom running back by committee thingy. (Which is what I figured anyway. I just figured Marcel would be one of the key players in this) Get well soon Marcel. My prayers are with ya on a speedy recovery.
:raccoon:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw it on the news. It was just as Jim O. described. His legs were sticking up in the air facing the camera. On his right leg his foot was pointed straight up as it should have been. His left foot was at a 90° angle to his leg pointed straight out. It was pretty ugly.

Joe Mama

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I hate when injuries like this happen. We now have to hope that the injury isn't that severe (they're still doing tests so I'm in no rush to make judgements) and that someone can fill in for him while he is gone.

As much as I like the rest of you hate the long ass preseason, it does have its benefits. Namely that for 4 of the (hopefully) 8 weeks Shipp is out, the games mean absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05