Shipp

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Is it me or does Marcel seem to not be hitting the holes as quick as in the past. I've noticed this for about the last 3-4 games. He seems to dance ala TJ instead of full speed ahead.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Buckybird
Is it me or does Marcel seem to not be hitting the holes as quick as in the past. I've noticed this for about the last 3-4 games. He seems to dance ala TJ instead of full speed ahead.

Exactly what holes would you be referring to???? See my O-line thread below?

Hes not dancing.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree. And to say that there are not holes does not explain it all away. Marcell has never really had holes to run through - he often creates them. He's not doing this the last few weeks.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Shipp

Originally posted by red desert
I agree. And to say that there are not holes does not explain it all away. Marcell has never really had holes to run through - he often creates them. He's not doing this the last few weeks.

You guys need to rewatch the game and see how many times he had been hit in the backfield. There are no holes there for him or Emmitt for that matter.

jon_nyaz

The art of music
Reaction score

He's definitely not running as hard as he was. Almost seems like he's protecting himself from injury - - can't say I blame him.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

With a team with the worst record in the NFL how can you expect the players really to get motivated and risk injury. For what? Yes I know they get paid big bucks but the reality is they are not going to risk serious injury when we are destined to finish last.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Shipp

Originally posted by Shane H
You guys need to rewatch the game and see how many times he had been hit in the backfield. There are no holes there for him or Emmitt for that matter.

Smith will not be a good player for any team. His NFL days are well behind him. He should be gone next year and we need a decent RB to go with Shipp. If Shipp is hurt Smith not only is not a starting caliber RB anymore but would not last a season carrying the ball every week. He would go down with injuries and then who do we have. He takes up space and money. Great guy but we need to win.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Shipp

Originally posted by john h
Smith will not be a good player for any team. His NFL days are well behind him. He should be gone next year and we need a decent RB to go with Shipp. If Shipp is hurt Smith not only is not a starting caliber RB anymore but would not last a season carrying the ball every week. He would go down with injuries and then who do we have. He takes up space and money. Great guy but we need to win.

I was just thinking about this. You know, I think Smith can be quite productive for this team next year - as a third down back. Next year, I think he'll accept that role, and he could very well excel for us in that limited role. New coach, better team ... etc.

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
shipp didn't get alot of touches. which leads me to believe that he a little banged up. it would have been nice to have shipp reach a 1,000 yards this season. it won't happen though.