Sick to my stomach

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have I once asked for a press release?

Have I once asked for anyone to be fired?

Have I even said I need to know what is going on? I don't even really care that much who WAS really wrong as long as they can prevent the same mistake from happening again.

Nope. You don't want to understand what I am saying. I have said it repeatedly. Find out where the problem was and fix it so it does not happen again. What happens if Fitz is next? Just sweep it away?

If it was a simple communication error, fine so be it. Fix it and we move on.

Sorry to have cramped your style K9.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
And I don't disagree. It just seems to me that Cubby wants to make sure that the Cards issue a press release every step of the way, so that we all know what's going on. That doesn't seem productive to me.

I just don't see the need to shrilly decry that there's a problem with some "system" that's going on. I'm sure that the Cardinals understand that there was a breakdown somewhere (especially if no one--or no one qualified--reviewed the MRI before Anquan's return), and will work to remedy it.

I can't speak for Cubby but I think you're reading too much into his comments.
I think the fear is that Green has this "bunker mentality" that sets in to the point where everyone thinks the #1 goal is get the player back on the field, not get the player good medical help.

That line of thinking "MAY" have taken a 2 week injury and turned it into a 8-12 week injury is what Jurecki was apparently saying. In the age of internet, radio and Tv sports coverage it's inevitable something like that will be asked if it really did happen that way.

spanky1

Reaction score
It is NOBODY's fault........Boldin complained of soreness in his knee on Monday and was held out of practice on Monday......on Tuesday, he was casually warming up when his knee "locked". Obviously, the injury had already happened. It might have been aggravated during Tuesday's walk about/warm up, but it had definitely already happened earlier in pre season, but manisfested itself only on the Monday. How can one possibly blame anyone.

We should consider ourselves fortunate that the knee has been repaired before it became possibly a career ending injury.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redsz said:
That makes little to me, Russ.

Why would Green allow Q to mess up his knee even more by having him practice and then lose him for 8-12 weeks for the sake of one practice? That is shooting your self in the foot lesson #1.

If Green was aware it was torn meniscus, I doubt Q would of been allowed to practice at all. Sounds like a mess up by the Cardinal medical staff to me.

Sorry don't want to spread false information.

What Jurecki apparently said was QUan took an MRI, there wasn't anybody in camp "qualified to read it", but Quan was cleared to practice. When Quan went down it appeared to be just a small tear. So the thinking is, when Quan first complained, he probably had a slight tear, but by going back out, he might have made it worse.

Not at all implying Green knew he had a torn meniscus and made him practice, I'm saying that Green apparently knew he had taken an MRI, didn't have the results, but still cleared him to practice.

Again all of this is assuming Jurecki and Lewis were right about what happened with the first MRI.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
That makes alot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
It is NOBODY's fault........Boldin complained of soreness in his knee on Monday and was held out of practice on Monday......on Tuesday, he was casually warming up when his knee "locked". Obviously, the injury had already happened. It might have been aggravated during Tuesday's walk about/warm up, but it had definitely already happened earlier in pre season, but manisfested itself only on the Monday. How can one possibly blame anyone.

We should consider ourselves fortunate that the knee has been repaired before it became possibly a career ending injury.

Depends. If the injury had already occurred, but Boldin was cleared to practice BEFORE the MRI had been read, that to me is a mistake. Why take the MRI if you're not planning on waiting for the results?

That's apparently what Jurecki and Lewis said, there wasn't anyone there qualified to read the MRI so who cleared him to practice again?

spanky1

Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Depends. If the injury had already occurred, but Boldin was cleared to practice BEFORE the MRI had been read, that to me is a mistake. Why take the MRI if you're not planning on waiting for the results?

That's apparently what Jurecki and Lewis said, there wasn't anyone there qualified to read the MRI so who cleared him to practice again?

But he didn't practice.....the injury happened before the practice started, did it not?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
But he didn't practice.....the injury happened before the practice started, did it not?

He was in warmups walking and light jogging supposedly. And again he WAS cleared to practice.

All I'm saying is if I'm the coach and a player of mine has an MRI done, I'm going to wait for the results to be read before i clear the player to practice.

If there was no MRI done, it's a moot point.

Bobcat

Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
All Jurecki and Lewis are saying is that, there are alot of holes in this story that need to be filled in and their opinion is the bunker mentality Green has built up pressured Quan into practicing when he shouldn't have and then a faulty med clearance turned this injury worse.

Quan does apparently have something to do with this but I think the opinons being floated are very valid.

Just like Jurecki and Lewis trying to start floating around stuff on DG. If anything Quan would be pampered by DG. Just like he did with Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Jake Reed.

I wouldn't trust anything that Jurecki and Lewis would say. To me they are both jerks. I am surprised that DG hasn't gotten ride of them yet.

Allan :wave: :thumbup: