So, who's going to see The Passion on Wednesday?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you guys are going on opening night?

I know I'm going...my church sold out of the 100 tickets they bought a week ago. I read that Harkins had already sold 6,000 advanced tickets as of yesterday.

People are talking a $75 million opening is possible, considering it's a 5-day weekend for them.

For the HSX people out there, I bought this a few months back at $32...and it's been on fire the last two weeks...jumping from about $70 to $113 today, which relates to just a $35 million opening approximately. It's gone up $10 just today, and I expect it will probably go up another $15-20 before Wednesday...maybe more. It's now predicted at almost 3000 screens.

Amazing the hype surrounding this movie...I personally cannot wait to see it...

Mike

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're going to see it, but probably not Wednesday night. More likely on the weekend or the weekend after.

BTW: I totally missed this stock on HSX. Ugh. Still H$104M + isn't too bad. :cool:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to go see it with my mom so maybe next weekend.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my tickets a week ago and me and the wife are going Wednesday night. I've got high expectations for this movie.

Shawn

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike - I'm curious to know how many Christians vs. non-Christians are going to see the movie.

Shawn

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of books to film unless it involves wizards named Gandalf, sharpshooting elves, and huge battles. I read the bible enough that I don't feel the need to spend money on the visualization.

Then again if it had a dog with shifty eyes........

Cardinal Mike!!

freebyrd

Reaction score
gonna go see it as soon as I can, from all the clips I have seen, all I can say is be prepared, you will be stunned.

freebyrd

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I will catch it at some point. There is a lot of buzz around this film, and I don't really like crowded theatres much.

Now, I did hear that this film has some rather grusome (bloddy & graphic) scenes. Is this true?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
Now, I did hear that this film has some rather gruesome (bloody & graphic) scenes. Is this true?

Uh, yeah. A man being beaten and flogged and tortured and then nailed to a cross and tortured some more is not a pretty sight. It is rated R, for violence.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Uh, yeah. A man being beaten and flogged and tortured and then nailed to a cross and tortured some more is not a pretty sight. It is rated R, for violence.

Roger Ebert says if this wasn't a movie about Jesus Christ, or maybe even by Mel Gibson, it probably would have gotten a NC-17 rating.

Mike

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa

Ok, so it's just about on par with the violence seen in Pro-Wrestling then?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so it's just about on par with the violence seen in Pro-Wrestling then?

No, this is realistic violence.

Wrestling is fake. (Don't tell Section 11, he doesn't know...)

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will catch it at some point. There is a lot of buzz around this film, and I don't really like crowded theatres much.

Now, I did hear that this film has some rather grusome (bloddy & graphic) scenes. Is this true?

I've heard that over 45 minutes of the 2 hour and 7 minute film is depicting the brutality, torture, flogging and crucifixion - that should make for a fairly gruesome movie.

If this is only a small segment of the 12 hour ordeal - can you fathom the idea that it was potentially worse and longer than what the film displays?

Shawn