some stuff i didn't know about the cardinals...

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
according to wikipedia.com...

The Cardinals are the oldest continuous professional American football club in the United States. [1] [2] [3] The team was formed in 1898 as the Morgan Athletic Club in Chicago. The club was then called the Racine Normals since they were originally located on Chicago's Racine Avenue (not Racine, Wisconsin, as mistaken by many). They then changed their name to the Racine Cardinals after they started wearing cardinal-red uniforms.
After becoming a charter member of the NFL in 1920, the club was renamed the Chicago Cardinals. During the lean years of World War II it merged into the Pittsburgh Steelers and became one franchise usually referred to as Card-Pitt. The Cardinals moved to St. Louis, Missouri in 1960 becoming the St. Louis Cardinals. The club then relocated to the Phoenix metropolitan area in 1988, first playing at Sun Devil Stadium in the suburb of Tempe. The team was known as the Phoenix Cardinals before it started using "Arizona" in its name in 1994.
Despite moving to St. Louis and then to Arizona, the Cardinals had always remained in either an Eastern conference or division. When the league was divided into Eastern and Western conferences prior to the 1953 season, the Cardinals were placed in the East while the Chicago Bears were placed in the West. After the 1970 AFL-NFL Merger, the team was placed in the NFC East. The Cardinals were finally moved to the NFC West as part of the 2002 realignment.

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude..if you keep this up you are going to get sucked in. You will be a Cards fan. Do you know what you are doing to yourself?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Chiefs fans would murder me.
You'll be kept protected here...and you are slowly liking the Cards....oh it starts innocently enough, a stat here, a stat there. Then you'll be on this board seeing when Fitz will be back. Soon you'll wonder if Denny Green will be fired and come back to find out....it's started my friend....you only have a few posts to turn back.....but be warned...the Cards suck ya in and don't let ya go even tho they constsntly let ya down....it's like the hot tease cheerleader in high school....

Welcome to the pit...er..the club

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
IT okay, they are in seperate Conferences

I love the Cards to death, but have always cheered for the Chargers and Steelers...

Cards are #1 by a mile though.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the Cards to death, but have always cheered for the Chargers and Steelers...

Cards are #1 by a mile though.

Ok so who were you rooting for Sunday night then? :D

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Chiefs fans would murder me.

Just call me a bad influence:

Other things to look up.

Larry Wilson, "Night Train" Lane, Chuck Cecil, Eric Swann, "Buddy Ball"

Just to get you started.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to get a life.

ASFN has you now.

It cannot be stopped.

OWNED!

ps - I'm glad it clarified the Racine thing. People in Wisconsin kept telling me it was Racine, Wisconsin, and I really didn't think that was right.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I resist! I will not be sucked into the cardinal red tornado!

here... watch chiefs stuff

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXVxjgTPDK0
[/URL]

That's what the Cards do man. You watch them and there are moments of "holy crap! that was amazing!" mixed with moments of "holy crap! I can't believe a team can be so bad." The excitement and the feeling of not knowing what will come next is what gets you. Watch the game against Chicago. We pull off a win, your hooked. We lose horribly, there may be enough plays for you to say "these guys are close." Problem is, we are sick and tired of always being close.

Cards and Chiefs will play once every what? 4 years? You can have a favorite and a semi-favorite.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
The real danger is if you are here in the offseason. No greater hope springs than that of a fan of a consistant losing team when they could get that "one player" who will put them over into a winning tradition. Man, just talking about it makes my hair stand on end. For all of the abuse my mind takes in the season, I am reborn in the offseason.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm ready for the OffSeason already.

Sad to say but I was thinking the same thing, this team is so close, yet so far away from winning.

KC dude, your getting caught in the trap. Being a Cardinals fan come offseason, you see the new highly needed draft pick get drafted, you see the Vets added that will "bring a winning attitude" and "change the atmosphere". Then here comes the Coaches saying "You got a winner in town", "With one heartbeat" or "Look at my resume I can turn programs around". By the time the Season is about to start, you feel this is the year, the year that will make waiting all these past horrible seasons worth it. This is the year, the year of validation. This time I will not have to explain to people why I'm a Cardsfan anymore, this is the year I can walk around wearing my Jersey proudly.
Then comes the first couple weeks of the season, that make you feel like you just got kicked in the Nuts. This is the time of year when all your little Cardinal dreams and aspirations get smashed violently by a jackhammer. Come midseason us Cardinals fans have next years roster of who is going, who is staying about established and have decided if it' time for the coaching staff to go or stay. Now it will come about three quarters into the season for draft talk time, it's time to start pimping which College player could turn these Cardinals around and figure out the win-loss record and head to head matchups, the Cardinals have had and are going to have to acquire the player at this time, that you are pimping.
Then about the end of the year, the Cardinals win a couple games that are meaningless, making sure that they cant land the Franchise draft pick everyones been drooling over. Then about everybody on this board starts working on their mock drafts and we have endless discussions over who the Cards should take. Then come end of the year time, this board divides amongst one another usually over an under achieving Cardinal Quarterback and we have 30 page threads over this same topic until come free agency, now repeat this viscous cycle over and over and you to can become a Cardinal fan.

Last edited:

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BirdKC

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
also, you'll start getting delisional and start screaming to see players who have no business in the NFL like Nate Poole, Preston Parsons, Adam Bergen and Jason McCadley.

None of this is based on talent of course just arbitrary non cardianls things they do in the 3rd quarter of the preseason.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05