Something Controversial!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Something something...Stout rambles...something something...Stout hyperbolizes...something something...the sky is falling! Aaargh!

Nah, nothing going today. I almost wish someone would post something controversial so we can get a good hearty discussion going. Man, the dog days of the football offseason are looong! At least there's Euros and Copa to catch, because baseball ain't it.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Something something...Stout rambles...something something...Stout hyperbolizes...something something...the sky is falling! Aaargh!

Nah, nothing going today. I almost wish someone would post something controversial so we can get a good hearty discussion going. Man, the dog days of the football offseason are looong! At least there's Euros and Copa to catch, because baseball ain't it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove by the team HQ in Tempe on Sunday. Looks like an elementary school. Michael really needs to invest in a new facility.

Maybe this subject will stir some crap up.

(Although I think we may have already beaten that dead horse.)
Maybe they should look into buying some land up by Loop 101 and Scottsdale Road for their new facility...

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Skenes though.

Actually, Pirates have some pretty good pitching going right now.
He's insanely good, but in typical idiotic Pirates fashion, they're wasting it. Every start he has, they rest a bunch of players thinking they can double dip--like, "Eh, we'll win anyway because our pitcher's great." Then it's "D'oh, we lost despite an amazing performance!"

Plus they refuse to trade for a bat. Bunch of losers in a skinflint organization worse than any Bidwill crap.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NBA playoffs as a whole were pretty good, although the Finals SUCKED! The Stanley Cup playoffs were awesome right up game 7 of the finals. I love watching & playing golf. Now, it’s time to focus on baseball. I’m a Cardinals fan there too, and as boring as the game can be, I’ll still turn it on every night until football starts. From a sports standpoint, I keep myself engaged year round

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I drove by the team HQ in Tempe on Sunday. Looks like an elementary school. Michael really needs to invest in a new facility.

Maybe this subject will stir some crap up.

(Although I think we may have already beaten that dead horse.)
Well their QB looks like he belongs in elementary school so…

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm a Pirates fan, which is like...

You must be registered for see images attach

and...

You must be registered for see images attach
What do you have to complain about? 5 World Series wins. I get it that it was a long time ago, but compared to the Cardinals????

Recent News. Pittsburgh Pirates, American professional baseball team based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Sometimes referred to as the “Bucs,” the Pirates are among the oldest teams in baseball and have won the World Series five times (1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, and 1979).

Pittsburgh Pirates | Notable Players, World Series, History ...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Pittsburgh-Pirates

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
What do you have to complain about? 5 World Series wins. I get it that it was a long time ago, but compared to the Cardinals????

Recent News. Pittsburgh Pirates, American professional baseball team based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Sometimes referred to as the “Bucs,” the Pirates are among the oldest teams in baseball and have won the World Series five times (1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, and 1979).

Pittsburgh Pirates | Notable Players, World Series, History ...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Pittsburgh-Pirates
I was 3 in 1979. Yes, I remember the excitement, but that's it. Then we had a run in the early 90's. Then we had a lesser run in the mid 20-teens. And that's it. Very Cardinalesque for most of my life, except the Cards have done the Bucs one better and made it to a SB. The Buccos haven't been to a WS since '79. And they have slashed payroll and haven't even reached the mid 20-teens payroll high water mark. Nutting is a stingier owner than Bidwill, and has no salary floor he has to spend to. Trust me, there's lots for Pirates fans to gripe about!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very humid here too. I wish these systems would just unleash some rain and storms and get it over with already. It is supposed to be a dry heat. At least it was only 97 most of the day here in Scottsdale.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was 3 in 1979. Yes, I remember the excitement, but that's it. Then we had a run in the early 90's. Then we had a lesser run in the mid 20-teens. And that's it. Very Cardinalesque for most of my life, except the Cards have done the Bucs one better and made it to a SB. The Buccos haven't been to a WS since '79. And they have slashed payroll and haven't even reached the mid 20-teens payroll high water mark. Nutting is a stingier owner than Bidwill, and has no salary floor he has to spend to. Trust me, there's lots for Pirates fans to gripe about!
Was it Catfish Hunter hurling for them back then?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Ok, Neil Rackers was the most brutal tackler in Cardinal history... hey, that kicker actually had some swag hits

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm