SportsCenter Mock on now...

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
Been watching for about 30 minutes now, and theyre at the 9 pick...
They have columnist from each respective city coming on and making the pick.

So Far...

1. J. Russ - Oakland
2. C. Johnson - Detroit
3. B. Quinn - Cleveland
4. J. Thomas - T. B.
5. AP - THE Arizona Cardinals
6. L. Landry - Washington
7. G. Adams - Minnesota
8. J. Anderson - Atlanta

Now up Dolphins at #9 and they go...... L. Brown.....

Whatchyall think so far.....

I think the last two picks are reaches by Atlanta, and Miami

Now the Texans are up, and Ill wrap this thread up....

They go.....A. Okoye...

Ready. Set. Go.....

Jaccoob

Cardinal Lunatic
Reaction score
AP would be nice i think he is the best pure running back to come out in the last ten years...Keeps fingers crossed

Lorenzo

Reaction score
detroit needs to let one of those wr's play qb, rb, ol, and db.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AP would be nice i think he is the best pure running back to come out in the last ten years...Keeps fingers crossed

Your trippin...the last ten years? no way, the dude has barely even played, always injured.

If you mean Pure running back as in taking out guys like LD sure but LD IS a "pure" running back, dont discount him cuz he does everything else great too.

Hes only #1 on the list, I could go on all day with top notch guys over the last 10 years.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Blasphemy.

Edge James and Ricky Williams strongly disagree.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Willie Parker doesn't belong on that list.
yeah, but he does have the longest td run in sb history. what about josesph addai, c. williams, ronnie brown, ect. We might as well mention every rb. Only two have stood out far above all others: Ricky Williams who turned into a nut. and LT who is already looking like one of the greatest backs in NFL history. It is sad that weinke won the heisman over LT.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he said the best running back to come out in the last 10 years not the best one drafted. how does parker not make the list, is he not really good and having 1000+ yd seasons? AP has done nothing in the nfl, dont make him out to be the next LT, noone knows.

Last edited:

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Notable pure runner (not talking the whole package) prospects in the past ten years better than AP: Frank Gore (injuries did him in), Edge, Ricky Williams, Shaun Alexander, LT, Warrick Dunn, Willie Heisman, Deuce McAllister, Clinton Portis and Cadillac Williams

Semi-OT: That Miami depth chart at the time was downright FILTHY. Gore would've been the best back from the U had he just stayed healthy.

You can say that Peterson is one of the best PROSPECTS to come out in a good minute, but THE best pure runner....not so much.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
there is only one LT as far as i'm concerned. Lawarance taylor got his name ripped though.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Notable pure runner (not talking the whole package) prospects in the past ten years better than AP: Frank Gore (injuries did him in), Edge, Ricky Williams, Shaun Alexander, LT, Warrick Dunn, Willie Heisman, Deuce McAllister, Clinton Portis and Cadillac Williams

Semi-OT: That Miami depth chart at the time was downright FILTHY. Gore would've been the best back from the U had he just stayed healthy.

You can say that Peterson is one of the best PROSPECTS to come out in a good minute, but THE best pure runner....not so much.

Of this list, I could really only agree with Ricky Williams, Edge, and LT

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Wow, Mike Golick is really making fun of JT picked at the 2 spot. All hype, all the time.

Gambit

Reaction score
Okay, now I agree with Golick--why become a smashmouth football team when you have great WRs and a very promising QB

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
edge doesn't belong with those two looking at the overall talent, but at least edge isn't a nut.
Blashpemy...again.

The man had NO weakness coming out of school. Edge had EVERYTHING you looked for in an RB. He was downright NASTY before the knee injury. Don't slander Edge like that.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Okay, now I agree with Golick--why become a smashmouth football team when you have great WRs and a very promising QB

I think we all over use the expression smashmouth. Running 50 odd per cent of the time means (for the most part) you are playing winning football. If you look over history, the teams that have that 50% balance are the winning programs. If we have to see Matt throwing the ball 40 times a game that would be a very bad thing for us.

A great running game is a pleasure to watch if you're on the "right" side of the ball. The passing game becomes great as well. You can be certain that the game plan will be drawn up to take advantage of what the defense allows us to get.

Gambit

Reaction score
I think we all over use the expression smashmouth. Running 50 odd per cent of the time means (for the most part) you are playing winning football. If you look over history, the teams that have that 50% balance are the winning programs. If we have to see Matt throwing the ball 40 times a game that would be a very bad thing for us.

A great running game is a pleasure to watch if you're on the "right" side of the ball. The passing game becomes great as well. You can be certain that the game plan will be drawn up to take advantage of what the defense allows us to get.

Balance is key, I just hope we don't try to become Pittsburgh West as it has been suggested. That type of footbal won't work for us.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Blashpemy...again.

The man had NO weakness coming out of school. Edge had EVERYTHING you looked for in an RB. He was downright NASTY before the knee injury. Don't slander Edge like that.
that's just my opinion. sorry. I just thought that LT and ricky as well had no weaknesses........and were more talented. I think LT is the best overall runningback i've ever seen and i love emmitt smith. The man was rushing for 200+ yds a game....even had a 400+ yd game in college. You can say he played at a small school, but now it's pretty clear he is a 1st ballot HOF back if he just does what he does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05