Sprewell goes obscene on female fan

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
when?!

I was watching the wolves play the clippers when late in the game as everyone was lining up for a FT he screamed "suck my d....."

then he shouted it again on the other side of the court

not sure if this is the incident or what .. i haven't heard any national attention, although spree is a punk

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
when?!

I was watching the wolves play the clippers when late in the game as everyone was lining up for a FT he screamed "suck my d....."

then he shouted it again on the other side of the court

not sure if this is the incident or what .. i haven't heard any national attention, although spree is a punk

Looks like that is it.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
thanks .. just sent that link off to the misses who is a big wolves fan

spree is just a clown .. pure and simple ... always has been, always will be

I used to really like the wolves and am still a big garnett fan ... and living there for a stretch made me like them even a bit more

however, with the additions of guys like spreewell, cassell, griffin and even kandi getting hit with the taser for not leaving the bar on a night before a game

then you add in players who may not be as traditionally annoying, but madsen is a scrub and wally isn't exactly the most likeable player out there

I'm starting to really dislike this team ... kind of sad

jibikao

Reaction score
What did he say exactly? Just curious.

Jimmy

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
this is going to cost him a game apparently .. hopefully the loss of a game check doesn't impede him in his quest to feed his family.............

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
this is going to cost him a game apparently .. hopefully the loss of a game check doesn't impede him in his quest to feed his family.............

They may have to hit the food bank

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
This is the Sports Guy's first hand account of what happened.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/041207

But the highlight -- er, lowlight of the young season happened on Saturday night, as Kandi Man's T-Wolves were finishing off a frisky Clips team in OT (more on this later). With two minutes to play, a frustrated Clippers fan started heckling Latrell Sprewell (nothing over the line). Standing near his own bench, Spree turned angrily towards the crowd and screamed "SUCK MY (EXPLETIVE)!" -- which was news to us because we didn't realize it was Suck Latrell Sprewell's (Expletive) Night. You would have thought the Clippers would have promoted this better.

Sitting in the row right behind Minnesota's bench, a female fan named Wendy quickly upbraided Spree, yelling back, "Watch your language, there are kids in this section!" Which there were. Spree should know that you shouldn't use obscenities around children, since he has about 16 of them. (I'm joking, he actually has three.) Of course, Spree glared at her and responded, "HEY, (BLEEP) YOU, BITCH!" Clearly, this is a league that knows how to reach its fans. For a second, Spree looked like he might charge into the stands before Sam Cassell came over to calm him down.

(Note: Since some of this was caught on TV, it's becoming a national story. I think David Stern just threw up in his mouth.)

Fortunately, nothing else happened ... although I could have won a Pulitzer if Spree charged into my section to confront a female fan. I mean, think about that for a second. That could have been 20 columns for me. Alas. Still, these were the kind of moments I was banking on when I purchased tickets -- the completely insane Latrell Sprewell unleashing profanities on a stunned section of paying customers.

(The NBA ... it's FANNNNNNNN-tastic!)

(I love this game!)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I heard somewhere that the initial heckler had said some really awful things to Latrell Sprewell. Of course I'm not trying to excuse what he did, but that would conflict with the above version of the events. I heard that they even had the lady (the original heckler) on tape. I believe it was some people on NBA TV talking about it, and they said that what the heckler had said was much worse than Latrell Sprewell's "comments". I'm not even sure that makes sense. :)

Latrell Sprewell is a nightmare. I'm sure glad that the Phoenix Suns don't have any players like him right now.

Joe Mama

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05