Spurs/Asterix Fans Can't Even Watch That Brand of Basketball

Toner2u

Reaction score
Hey WWNBBA, the game is unwatchable now. The Asterix couldn't even SELL OUT game one or their series. As long as ugly basketball is promoted, you will lose fans. No one will watch this series and no one will watch the Pistons/Asterix in the finals. In suspending the Suna players you made a point, but if you really want to make a point, put your foot down about calling the game the way it should be. Make your point by not putting up with thuggery, dirty players, allowing players to make cheap shots out of frustration and letting players have sexual relations with the ones their gaurding. Calls fouls evenly, how Bowen plays is not only dirty it takes away from what basketball is all about. Essentially this becomes what you promote. I love Baseball, Football and Basketball. Football will always be my favorite, but when Basketball is played well it is an artform and unique. However, when it is BasketBrawl, it becomes disgusting. Great defense should be rewarded, but you can't change the rules just because the playoffs have started. Sadly the message the WWNBBA is sending is that the Suns will not be rewarded for class and clean play. Change the way they play, kick other players, knee them, and they'll be rewarded. Sad!Clean up the game, bring back integrity to the game and maybe the fans will start watching, and this includes Asterix fans. How sad they are, not even selling out their game. The new WWNBBA expression, 'The NBA, it's horrific'.Disgruntled Basketball fan.

Soul_Patch

Reaction score
looks like it is going to be a long summer for you folks. How easy it is for you guys to forget the Spurs beat the suns in game 1 3 and 6 with a full phoenix squad on the floor. If you guys were the team you should have been, or the team that everyone says was so wronged, what happened in those games? And please spare me all the excuses...I can't stand the fact that some of you can't just let sleeping dogs sleep. Start pointing that finger inward and maybe one day you will be able to compete, instead of just cry about how wronged you always are.

OP
OP
T

Toner2u

Reaction score
Hey Asterix fan, if you can't even sell out a playoff home game and prove your games are unwatchable then why should you be respected.If you like dirty basketball then live with it. Take your *Championships and go home. Don't get upset, your winning! Congrats and if you let our criticism affect you, then you prove that deep down our Asterix talk gets to you.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like it is going to be a long summer for you folks. How easy it is for you guys to forget the Spurs beat the suns in game 1 3 and 6 with a full phoenix squad on the floor. If you guys were the team you should have been, or the team that everyone says was so wronged, what happened in those games? And please spare me all the excuses...I can't stand the fact that some of you can't just let sleeping dogs sleep. Start pointing that finger inward and maybe one day you will be able to compete, instead of just cry about how wronged you always are.

And the Suns won games 2 and 4 with a full squad, and would have won game 5, easily, with a full squad.

Just face the fact that you are a fan of a team that TANKED to get Robinson and Duncan, and is now coached by the dirtiest coach in the league, who promotes his players trying to injure others. I'd be ashamed to be a sp*rs fan.

crazybutters11

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i understand you are all upset but reading some of these posts and how far you have taken a few small incidents really cracks me up. no excuses for not having a sell out for game 1 but an early sunday game is by far one of the hardest games to get to.

OP
OP
T

Toner2u

Reaction score
The point is that the league needs to address overall officiating issues. Call a foul when it's a foul. My point is being made on KTAR right now. The main issue is not the supensions. I didn't agree, but what gets me is how they call the way Bowen plays. And by saying, that's the way it is, is saying that the suns need to start playing cheap and dirty. I respect Duncan and Parker. Giflopli is the player I hate but would love as a sun. But I would never want that piece of C$#@ Bowen on my suns team. That is not basketball.

Hopefully the WWNBBA will come around and true fans of basketball will be rewarded.

Soul_Patch

Reaction score
Just face the fact that you are a fan of a team that TANKED to get Robinson and Duncan, and is now coached by the dirtiest coach in the league, who promotes his players trying to injure others. I'd be ashamed to be a sp*rs fan.
This alone show's your ignorance regarding matters of basketball. This statement is just absolutely absurd and holds no ground in the real world.About all the asterisk talk. I, along with 99% of San Antonio, and the entire San Antonio Spurs orgnanization could really care less about what kind of "Asterisk" you folks decide that the Spurs need. The fact of the matter is the championship is just the same as any others. There are always what if's and could've beens...as a championship caliber team, you learn to adjust to them and learn from them. Someday maybe you can see that. I can say with 100% certainty that anyone in phoenix who was a basketball fan would love to have an "asterisk trophy" vs nothing but some salary cap issues to look at in the off season.What makes you and i different, mr your team sucks and cheats, and the nba is rigged basketball fan...I accept when my team plays like **** and looses. I don't make excuses for it. I also can look at your team and accept they they are a very competitive bunch of ballers missing 1 or 2 key pieces to put them over the edge. I don't come around disrespecting your team, your city, or fans with this pitty party attitude that the majority of you guys have spewed all over the internet. Hate the spurs all you want, but if you knew anything about basketball you should respect the fact that they are one of the most successfull and talented sports franchises of the last decade.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I could care less if the Suns scored fifty points every night if they won four NBA titles over the course of a decade. Commentary llike this is sour grapes, nothing more.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
What everyone has to realize is that if the Suns really were a championship team they would have gone into San Antonio and won Game 6.

Nash wouldn't have taken so long to realize they needed his scoring.

Amare would have played smarter on defense.

Marion would have been a factor against Parker.

Bell would have shut down Ginobili.

Where was the heart and never say die that I have seen out of this team when the chips were against them? The fact is in ten years when the Spurs have another ring next to 2007 no one will remember that Stern stepped in and enforced his stupid rule.

Now it looks like the franchise is going to make a stupid/rash decision and trade potentially the best player we have ever had. Sweet.

I'm exhausted of this post season and saying wait till next year. This should have been our year. I won't even be able to enjoy the regular season next year cuz it don't mean a damn thing till May.

I really really hate the Spurs but the fact remains - they were just better than us. Or more accurately more mentally tough....:(

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
This alone show's your ignorance regarding matters of basketball. This statement is just absolutely absurd and holds no ground in the real world.About all the asterisk talk. I, along with 99% of San Antonio, and the entire San Antonio Spurs orgnanization could really care less about what kind of "Asterisk" you folks decide that the Spurs need. The fact of the matter is the championship is just the same as any others. There are always what if's and could've beens...as a championship caliber team, you learn to adjust to them and learn from them. Someday maybe you can see that. I can say with 100% certainty that anyone in phoenix who was a basketball fan would love to have an "asterisk trophy" vs nothing but some salary cap issues to look at in the off season.What makes you and i different, mr your team sucks and cheats, and the nba is rigged basketball fan...I accept when my team plays like **** and looses. I don't make excuses for it. I also can look at your team and accept they they are a very competitive bunch of ballers missing 1 or 2 key pieces to put them over the edge. I don't come around disrespecting your team, your city, or fans with this pitty party attitude that the majority of you guys have spewed all over the internet. Hate the spurs all you want, but if you knew anything about basketball you should respect the fact that they are one of the most successfull and talented sports franchises of the last decade.

:yeahthat:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Hey WWNBBA, the game is unwatchable now. The Asterix couldn't even SELL OUT game one or their series. As long as ugly basketball is promoted, you will lose fans. No one will watch this series and no one will watch the Pistons/Asterix in the finals. In suspending the Suna players you made a point, but if you really want to make a point, put your foot down about calling the game the way it should be. Make your point by not putting up with thuggery, dirty players, allowing players to make cheap shots out of frustration and letting players have sexual relations with the ones their gaurding. Calls fouls evenly, how Bowen plays is not only dirty it takes away from what basketball is all about. Essentially this becomes what you promote. I love Baseball, Football and Basketball. Football will always be my favorite, but when Basketball is played well it is an artform and unique. However, when it is BasketBrawl, it becomes disgusting. Great defense should be rewarded, but you can't change the rules just because the playoffs have started. Sadly the message the WWNBBA is sending is that the Suns will not be rewarded for class and clean play. Change the way they play, kick other players, knee them, and they'll be rewarded. Sad!Clean up the game, bring back integrity to the game and maybe the fans will start watching, and this includes Asterix fans. How sad they are, not even selling out their game. The new WWNBBA expression, 'The NBA, it's horrific'.Disgruntled Basketball fan.
I don't know, the spurs are scoring a lot of points against the jazz. it looks like the spurs offense has come to life. If I remember correctly raja bell lost his cool and gave a hard foul in the playoffs last year. Does that make him a dirty player? Sometimes guys lose their cool out there. If you've watched steve nash at all over the years you would also know that bowen is his worst matchup in the NBA. What went on in that series has been going on every other time nash and bowen have met in the playoffs.

Last edited:

malways

Reaction score
hey phoenix suns fans--- it is asterisk!

i appreciate you trying to defend the honor of your team and i am sure steve nash appreciates it too,,,however, please try to not disappoint the arizona school system... it is asterisk, not asterix!

An asterisk (*), is a typographical symbol or glyph. It is so called because it resembles a conventional image of a star (Latin astrum). Computer scientists and mathematicians often pronounce it as star (as, for example, in the A* search algorithm or C* algebra).

by the way, the game 2 was a sell out, and game 1 missed being a sellout by less than 500 tickets, which is 2% of the total tickets. not bad for only 1 day to sell the tickets, who would have through that phoenix could not win and force a game 7 on sunday and the spurs would have to rune aboud and play sunday afternoon after finishing out the series on friday night!

Cicart

Rookie
Reaction score
i appreciate you trying to defend the honor of your team and i am sure steve nash appreciates it too,,,however, please try to not disappoint the arizona school system... it is asterisk, not asterix!

I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm glad someone did. :D

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't you hear? Most people in Phoenix are from some place else. Places like Texas. ;)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Sure, as long as we're on the subject...

"I appreciate your," not "i appreciate you." In fact you don't use any capital letters at all.

I'm not sure what the ,,, is supposed to be, but if you intended an ellipsis, it's with periods, not commas.

by the way, the game 2 was a sell out, and game 1 missed being a sellout by less than 500 tickets

This should read "fewer" than 500 tickets.

not bad for only 1 day to sell the tickets

"One" should be spelled out in this situation.

who would have through that phoenix could not win

I think you intended "thought" instead of "through."

the spurs would have to rune aboud and play

I suppose you intended "run around," but "turn around" would be more appropriate.

So tell me, whose school system are you disappointing?

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score

"I appreciate your," not "i appreciate you." In fact you don't use any capital letters at all.

I'm not sure what the ,,, is supposed to be, but if you intended an ellipsis, it's with periods, not commas.

by the way, the game 2 was a sell out, and game 1 missed being a sellout by less than 500 tickets

I suppose you intended "run around," but "turn around" would be more appropriate.

sh!et he musta wint tew tha sam3 sk0ol az me =)

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score

LOL...disappoint the Arizona school system. LOL. I think the system disappoints us.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score

An asterisk (*), is a typographical symbol or glyph. It is so called because it resembles a conventional image of a star (Latin astrum). Computer scientists and mathematicians often pronounce it as star (as, for example, in the A* search algorithm or C* algebra).

by the way, the game 2 was a sell out, and game 1 missed being a sellout by less than 500 tickets, which is 2% of the total tickets. not bad for only 1 day to sell the tickets, who would have through that phoenix could not win and force a game 7 on sunday and the spurs would have to rune aboud and play sunday afternoon after finishing out the series on friday night!

I thought it was ass"Spur"isk.

jag7211

Reaction score

I understand your upset, but why resort to this??? It's embarrassing, 70% of suns fans have cooled off and realize it wasnt your year, the spurs were ultimately better. And i speak spurs fans when i say that we arent ashamed of anything that happend in the suns series.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

:raccoon:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand your upset, but why resort to this??? It's embarrassing, 70% of suns fans have cooled off and realize it wasnt your year, the spurs were ultimately better. And i speak spurs fans when i say that we arent ashamed of anything that happend in the suns series.

70% think that the Spurs are the better team?

I don't think so.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure where your getting 70% from I beleive most of the ENTIRE COUNTRY thinks the NBA screwed the Suns! Not that the Spurs aren't a good team I just think as mony others this series was tainted by the NBA with all the fouling and suspensions all going against the Suns!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I beleive most of the ENTIRE COUNTRY thinks the NBA screwed the Suns!

I believe most of the ENITRE COUNTRY thinks suns fans need to **** and let it go. Can we go one day with out a diatribe about getting screwed?

It sucks that moveon.org is already a registered domain name because it would be a perfect replacement for www.suns.com

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
If the Suns were so much superior to the Spurs then they would've won more than two of the five games the teams played when they both had full squads in this series and gone better than the 5-15 or whatever they were over the last three seasons. All this whining, conspiracy theorizing, and blame-deflecting has become way too Sacramento-like. It's time the fans, players, and front office to look in the mirror and fix what's wrong instead of blaming others for this team's misfortunes and obvious flaws. That's how champions are built.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're not talking about their record the last few years...this is not the same team. THIS years team kicked the #%@% out of the spurs the few games that were officiated even decent THIS season. When the refs let all the fouling BS go then yeah we get screwed, see it how you want I know if Nash would have not been hacked then entire series and we don't get stars suspended we win the series. Its not like we are complaining because we got beat, there was WAY more to it than that. We clearly were in the drivers seat after the game 4 win for the rest of the series until the BS suspensions basically gave the advantage back to them. Way to go NBA for rewarding the thugs! If thats how they want the league look out becuase the cheap shots have just begun, lets just hope someones career does not end with flagrant cheap shot!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05