Spurs get RJ for Oberto/KurtThomas/Bowen

epb

Reaction score
And now this clears the way for them to move Ginobili because he is the one thing that organization despises - unreliable.

There's no reason to trade ginobili unless they know for certain he can't recover. The Spurs have the full MLE to spend on a big man... there's no reason to trade ginobili when the Spurs have the 1,2,3, and 4 positions covered.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
There's no reason to trade ginobili unless they know for certain he can't recover. The Spurs have the full MLE to spend on a big man... there's no reason to trade ginobili when the Spurs have the 1,2,3, and 4 positions covered.

He has already been in numerous trade rumors and this just clears the way for him to be dealt as Jefferson is a healthier and more athletic 3.

My guess - Ginobili gets traded to Washington for a big contract (Jamison maybe?), Nick Young, and the #5 pick.

And then the draft Jordan Hill.

And they dominate for the next ten years.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Spurs have the BEST management in the NBA. Nets' Thorn is okay, Ketchup for the Lakers is more "lucky" than good, Gasol was a freebie from Grizzlies.

Bucks didnt want Jefferson's long term contract, so what does the Spurs do?
Offer expiring, cheap expirings too, which will free up the Bucks long term, but also an option for them to cut early since they are "cheap" either way.... Bucks will most likely cut them and Spurs will have them back. The main thing here is to get free of Jefferson's long term contract.

Any chance Suns trade Richardson for cheap expirings then cut them loose?

Unfortunately Suns cannot manuever anything with O'Neal, they should of traded him last season for expirings... Suns would be 20 million dollars lighter in their pay roll if so...

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He has already been in numerous trade rumors and this just clears the way for him to be dealt as Jefferson is a healthier and more athletic 3.

My guess - Ginobili gets traded to Washington for a big contract (Jamison maybe?), Nick Young, and the #5 pick.

10 YEARS??

Look I respect the Spurs highly, they are afterall the SUNS biggest obstacle, I didnt like the SUNS losing to them but I respected them... in contrary losing to the LAKERS is a completely different scenario.

But Duncan is 4 years tops, away from being a bench player, sure he'd still be a reliable bench big, but he'd most likely retire before that.

Jordan Hill could turn out to be a franchise big man, or heck... a younger version of Chris Wilcox...

Parker, Young, Jefferson, Wilcox isnt a dominant lineup factor in the Spurs rely heavily on Popovics system of INSIDE - OUT..... unless they get another franchise big.... I mean the last 2 decades they seem to get "lucky" somehow lol.... Ahem.. 1987-89 David Robinson... then one year he was injured got No.1 and landed Timmy Duncan.... they have to be the LUCKIEST and BEST ran team last decade hehe.

As long as LAKERS dont repeat Im happy.... if SUNS cant do the job.. then I welcome anyone else....

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Yes, but he's from Chicago. There's a much better chance you'll see D-Wade in a Bulls uniform.

True, except Derrick Rose and DWade both need the ball in their hands. I don't think they reach max potential on the same team.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Come to think of it.... Imagine if somehow.... somewhere...

Parker goes to Blazers for Oden... lol.

Oden eventually becomes Duncan's heir....

I can so so so see Spurs dangling Parker to Blazers.

Spurs can then make move for No.5 + Nick Young + expirings for Ginobili..

PG: No.5 (Flynn, Jennings or Evans)
SG: Nick Young
SF: Richard Jefferson
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Greg Oden...

Lol.. tell me that team doesnt gel soon enough under Popovic and become contender within a season. Although I'd go after Andre Miller or even Iverson... for the MLE... surely Iverson can do his best Parker impressions for a couple of seasons, as long as he is winning championships..

PG: Iverson / No.5 (Jennings, Flynn)
SG: Nick Young (he's very talented)
SF: Richard Jefferson
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Greg Oden

Hmmm....

epb

Reaction score

Of course Jefferson is a "healthier and more athletic 3", because Ginobili plays the 2.

The Wizards were interested in dealing the #5 and Nick Young for Ginobili. They were never interested in trading (insert all star player), Nick young AND the #5 pick.

The Spurs would not get equal value for Ginobili unless there's no doubt his ankles will never fully recover. A healthy ginobili is invaluable in the Spurs system...especially with the team chemistry the Spurs have developed over the years.

The only way the Spurs deal Ginobili is:
A) They decide they want to rebuild and pick up some younger players.
--The Spurs obviously aren't trying to rebuild -- RJ trade

B) His Ankle is completely trashed and full recovery is no longer feasible.
--Team doctors and Ginobili have said in the press that they anticipate full recovery and top form by opening day.

The Spurs are set with the 1-4 positions...now look for the them to go after a big man with the full MLE.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
They're a bad team....what do you expect?
Memphis bent over for the LakeShow to give Gasol away. Why? They're a bad team.
These bad teams are constantly trying to dump salary so they can constantly suck so they can consistently get into the lottery and sign their high draft picks so they can dump them later on for more flexability to suck.

I agree. Except it seems like good players are developed by good coaching and busts are mostly because of horrible coaching. Look at Adam Morrison. I think his career is forever tarnished for being drafted by Charlotte and not being able to develop into at least a utility player. This is not NFL. You can't build your team around a good draft anymore. There are only two rounds of drafting and usually, the 2nd rounders either go unsigned or ride the pine forever.

The Bucks seemingly don't care about winning by trading away their best wing player in RJ. Now it's Michael Redd and Andrew Bogut. Redd is a fascinating player to watch because he has the ability to take over a game with his shooting, but Bogut isn't all that impressive to watch.

Before this trade, the Bucks could at least contend for the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs and build from there. Instead, they want to cut salary, hence forth, kill their non-existent fan base.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
we never end up on the "we sent you expiring garbage for a good player" end of these deals. and that sucks.

Rodney Rodgers and Tony Delk for JJ. But since then the Suns have had to include 5 first round picks to unload 3 expiring contracts and get nothing but cash back.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Do you watch basketball?

Bowen degraded faster than Raja did in the last year
Oberto's job was to take fouls so Duncan didnt have to
KT is worth moving to get a legit starting SF, RJ is a great scorer and plays both ends of the floor.
My thoughts exactly. Bowen started something like 10 games this season because he's toasted, Oberto is now a 34 years-old scrub who just had a heart surgery and KT is not getting younger. Unfortunately, that's another great deal for the Spurs.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05