Spurs-Heat Finals

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and Birdman absolutely deserved to be suspended for tonight's game. stoked about that...makes me think we might get to see a Game 7 in what's been a pretty damn entertaining series.

Budden

Registered
Reaction score
and Birdman absolutely deserved to be suspended for tonight's game. stoked about that...makes me think we might get to see a Game 7 in what's been a pretty damn entertaining series.

Lets see what the odds are. Whatever they are, I'll bet however much you'd like, up to $500.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets see what the odds are. Whatever they are, I'll bet however much you'd like, up to $500.

good god man...I'm not making a stupid internet bet that will never get paid off. let's make a sig bet, something one of us will actually HAVE to do.

and...let's see what the odds are? Uh...YOU set them by saying the Heat will get swept or AT MOST win a game. That's what I responded to and that's what I'm betting against.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this Heat-Pacers series has been the first GREAT series of the playoffs. Underdog playing right with the heavily favored "Super-Team", leading to a Game 7 do or die? That's pretty awesome.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So much for Miami's Big 3. The Heat will be fortunate to win another ring this year. The fears of them dominating the NBA for a better part of the decade seem laughable now. As long as they have Lebron, they'll be a contender, but Wade's regression has been astounding and Bosh is a joke. I could seen Lebron moving on for greener pastures after next year especially if they fall short this year and Wade continues to age in dog years.

Wade hasn't been able to transition his game as well from inside to out like and Jordan and Kobe were able to do in the latter part of their careers.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wade seems more banged up than Miami is letting on, he was struggling to convert layup attempts.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters and Tristian Thompson continue to develop into solid players, then look for LBJ to perhaps return home and bring a chip to Cleveland.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Loved the dunk over Bosh.

And Lebron should definitely get fined for some of those flops. Wow, what bad acting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters and Tristian Thompson continue to develop into solid players, then look for LBJ to perhaps return home and bring a chip to Cleveland.

Sounds like the Lebron I know, returning to Cleveland in a hail of glory and going where the talent is being collected.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for Miami's Big 3. The Heat will be fortunate to win another ring this year. The fears of them dominating the NBA for a better part of the decade seem laughable now. As long as they have Lebron, they'll be a contender, but Wade's regression has been astounding and Bosh is a joke. I could seen Lebron moving on for greener pastures after next year especially if they fall short this year and Wade continues to age in dog years.

Wade hasn't been able to transition his game as well from inside to out like and Jordan and Kobe were able to do in the latter part of their careers.

I called that when they all signed. I never thought they would win multiple championships and if they do not win it this year, their window is only one more year and then all three contracts are up. LeBron goes back to Cleveland or L.A.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2267446&postcount=26

Looks like it is a done deal for Lebron to Miami and Beasley will go to Toronto. They are guess they will have about 8 million to sign 9 players. Mark my works, this team will not be as good as everyone thinks. Too many egos, and not enough support. Wade and Bosh will both miss games with injuries and when it is LeBron and 4 scrubs, he will get frustrated. I am guessing they will be the 5th seed next year and be one and done.

That was for their first season. I may have underestimated a bit on the seeding, but I was still pretty close. They did not win it all.

And good call on this one. The numbers did not drop, but his image took a big hit.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2267448&postcount=27

There is no way Lebron goes to Miami unless he's an idiot. If he does, he can immediately be dropped from any discussion as being potentially one of the greatest in the game. Both Lebron and Wade need the ball in their hands. His numbers would drop significantly being teamed up with Wade in my opinion as he would get nowhere near the touches he does in Cleveland or what he would get in New York. Sure, he could get a couple rings, but he would never be mentioned in the same breath as MJ or Kobe. Say what you will about winning, but legacy means a lot to these guys. Barkley didn't get a ring, but he wouldn't have been the same player historically had he went to Chicago to play with Jordan.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called that when they all signed. I never thought they would win multiple championships and if they do not win it this year, their window is only one more year and then all three contracts are up. LeBron goes back to Cleveland or L.A.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2267446&postcount=26

That was for their first season. I may have underestimated a bit on the seeding, but I was still pretty close. They did not win it all.

you were still pretty close? You thought they'd be a 5 seed and lose in the first round. They were a 2 seed and went to the Finals. That's doesn't really seem that close to me.

And good call on this one. The numbers did not drop, but his image took a big hit.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2267448&postcount=27

Not sure if I agree with you on patting yourself on the back here either. Three years later, he's added two more MVPs, a title and unless you slept through this year, people have already started asking the question: "Is he the greatest of all time?"

Time will tell how many titles this Heat team wins, but I don't know how anyone can say he made the wrong decision going there. He's on the cusp of his 3rd straight NBA Finals, he's won 1 of the last 2 titles and he's won 2 MVPs. And the teams that he COULD have gone to or stayed with...Cleveland, NY, well, Cleveland's STILL a ****-show and NY big attractive FA to pair LeBron up with was Amare and his non-existent knees.

No one would have given LeBron credit for being a martyr and staying in Cleveland and continually losing.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's not James that will keep the Heat from being a dynasty; it's Bosh and especially Wade. Wade had a great regular season, but he's averaging 13.6 ppg in the playoffs -- not just this series -- and, at 31, he's very likely looking at a long-term decline.

I do think it's somewhat likely that James leaves after next season, and it's a given if they don't win the title this year or next. (Having said that, I believe they win this year.) His recent comments about needing to revert to "Cleveland mode" were telling.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think someone's obsession with me right now is a little creepy. And to that creepy poster, that second quote was not mine, it was Folster and his image did take a hit when he signed. I was giving Folster credit for that.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think someone's obsession with me right now is a little creepy. And to that creepy poster, that second quote was not mine, it was Folster and his image did take a hit when he signed. I was giving Folster credit for that.

lol...obsession? because I've responded to things I think you've said are really questionable? Aren't people supposed to respond to things on message boards? Pretty sure that's what they were created for. Especially when people say things that don't make a lot of sense.

it's okay to just say "yeah...maybe I was pretty off on that statement afterall."

Last edited:

chickenhead

Reaction score
Miami has not used its amnesty clause yet, correct? I'm not cap savvy so apologies for any mistaken assumptions or oversights here, but is there a chance the Heat keep Miller's $12-13m on the books for his last two years and instead consider waiving Wade after next season? Seemed unthinkable at one point, but if he continues to break down, 42m is a lot of money against the cap when you're trying to re-sign Lebron and reload the roster. Obviously Lebron will be able to dictate a good situation elsewhere, but it's not like other stars wouldn't want to join him in Miami.

Again, I might be totally missing a crucial factor. But Lebron might really like it in Miami and might not want to become a three-team player (barring a return to Cleveland).

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't think it would get this far when I started the thread. A Pacers victory tomorrow would be flat out awesome, and give me a team I can really root for against the Spurs.

It's really going to be tough for the Pacers to not only win on the road, but also overcome the hometown, LeBron-luvving reffing that is inevitable. I think the reffing alone puts Indy down about 10-0 before tip off.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well, I didn't think it would get this far when I started the thread. A Pacers victory tomorrow would be flat out awesome, and give me a team I can really root for against the Spurs.

It's really going to be tough for the Pacers to not only win on the road, but also overcome the hometown, LeBron-luvving reffing that is inevitable. I think the reffing alone puts Indy down about 10-0 before tip off.

If anyone even watches. The NBA is facing the reality that a very unwatchable, unfavorable Spurs-Pacers finals could very well happen.

That being said, along with Miami's penchant for winning only when it has to, there is no way the refs allow the Pacers to even get close.

chickenhead

Reaction score
It's funny, I think I'd be more inclined to watch a Spurs-Pacers final than a Spurs-Heat final. I feel like I hear every second of what happens to Lebron and the Heat without even turning on a TV.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It's funny, I think I'd be more inclined to watch a Spurs-Pacers final than a Spurs-Heat final. I feel like I hear every second of what happens to Lebron and the Heat without even turning on a TV.

I agree. I would definitely watch San Antonio vs. Indiana. Not sure if I would would much of Spurs vs. Heat.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't watch one second of Spurs-Pacers.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think tonight's game could be close, but I can't imagine that the Pacers will get enough calls down the stretch to win.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NBA will make sure the refs do what it takes to put the Heat into the Finals.

Sleepy

Rookie
Reaction score
Wow the Heat are completely destroying the Pacers in game 7, well then a Spurs-Heat finals it is then.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cant blame the refs for this one... the Pacers totally wet the bed tonight. Sloppy stupid turnovers, they constantly left shooters open on the outside, got killed on the offensive glass.