Spurs in 4 or 5 at most.

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score
They're just too good for us. Just like in 2005, it will happen the same way. No way the Suns got better or the Spurs got older, I don't even know why the Suns are going to play. We should just give the series to the Spurs, you know they have 3 championships and they play D.

:p

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
dumb thread with little validity.

the suns have very capable defenders and a certain fellow named steve nash. the spurs wont be easy, but to say these kinds of things isnt called for. if there is any team the spurs dont want to play its phx, and vise-versa

OP
OP
F

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score

the suns have very capable defenders and a certain fellow named steve nash. the spurs wont be easy, but to say these kinds of things isnt called for. if there is any team the spurs dont want to play its phx, and vise-versa

Sorry, I forgot the <SARCASM> tags

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you missed the invisible ":sarcasm:" smiley...

Greg Popovich

Registered
Reaction score
Will be a great series.

Here is to the best team--

and to no injuries to anyone.

Cheers, from San Antonio

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
They're just too good for us. Just like in 2005, it will happen the same way. No way the Suns got better or the Spurs got older, I don't even know why the Suns are going to play. We should just give the series to the Spurs, you know they have 3 championships and they play D.

:grabs:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Will be a great series.

Here is to the best team--

and to no injuries to anyone.

Cheers, from San Antonio

hope you stick around these boards. a fan with no homerism to be seen and a great attitude towards the game. heres to a great series, and the likely champion of the nba coming from this series.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Even though you forgot the last G in Pop's name, your friendly banter is certainly appreciated and approved.

Reaction score
Good luck...

The Mavs will win the next 2, cleanup Utah or Houston, and will be ready for the real championship once more.

In fact, I propose they change the WCF next year to a 3 team round robin.

Team G

Big Red Surfer
Reaction score

You're whacked! :doi:

The Suns are healthy & the Spurs keep getting older. This one's going 7 games and the Suns have home court - we'll see what happens!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hoopy thats too funny your team sqeaks out a win in Dallas with GS best player on the bench (again like your only other win) and now you think they got the series wrapped up? Please if Dallas survives GS tonight they still don't have it wrapped up GS has proved they can beat you down in YOUR house! Can't wait if they give the fake MVP to Dirk and he has already been eliminated from the playoffs! I think its a shame everyone knows who the real MVP is but don't want to give him 3, which is a total crock if your just supposed to take the current year into account!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to call out the Suns losing in 6 games.

I hope that I am wrong, but D'Antoni's lack of in game adjustments will really hurt us. The ONLY shot that we have in this series is if both Nash and Marion play very well.

This team is not the Lakers. They cannot have subpar games from Marion and Nash. (although his subpar games are better than most of the PG's good games in this league)

Marion cannot disappear.

I will make a thread about this series a little later on.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're whacked! :doi:

The Suns are healthy & the Spurs keep getting older. This one's going 7 games and the Suns have home court - we'll see what happens!
AGAIN, he forgot the 'sarcasm' smiley. He was JOKING.

Reaction score
Since we're being nasty....

Well now you had to go and get nasty.

Honestly, the Suns can't handle the Spurs through 7 games. Spurs in 7.

FYI - The game was effectively over when Baron fouled out.

Mavs have found their way. I'd say we'll be seeing each other soon, but we won't cause the Suns will be fishing.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mavs have found their way. I'd say we'll be seeing each other soon, but we won't cause the Suns will be fishing.

First off I think the Spurs chances of winning this series diminish the longer it goes. San Antonio stated as much 2 years ago. Now they are a much older team. If this goes 7, the Suns win. I think if San Antonio is going to beat the Suns it has to be in 5 or 6 games at the most.

Second, the Mavs better bring their "A" game tonight. Because the GS have a great shot at winning this game. Either that or the Mavs will have the distinction of having not only one of the biggest choke jobs in final history on their resume, but one of the biggest choke jobs in round 1 of the playoffs as well. If the Mavs win tonight, I think they win the series (a la Phx last year).

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny where was Hoopy when his Mavs were getting drilled 3-1 now they sqeak out a game that really GS just collapsed at the end. Now the trolls come rollin around!

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I hope the GSW win tonight just so you can tuck your tail back between your legs and vanish for the next few months.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Holy crap, that's a pretty wide odds favorite (-165/+145, for those who don't feel like looking it up). I might have to put money on the Spurs just to cover my bases.

Lots of juice for a site with no overhead. I guess they have to keep the Feds at bay. :lol:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Mavs will win the next 2, cleanup Utah or Houston, and will be ready for the real championship once more.

In fact, I propose they change the WCF next year to a 3 team round robin.

Hey Droopy Suckalot! You called that one.

Awesome. I feel confident that the exact opposite of your predictions will happen. Keep them coming!!