Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Hmm.. Let's just hope the NBA would be cancelled.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This is like asking who I want to win more: Patriots or Cowpukes...

As a Warriors fan, I will say I hate the Lakers more... I hope the Celts win it all, KG deserves it...

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
Ew, I hate these teams. Seriously. I hope the Lakers win just because there is NO team I HATE MORE than the SPURS. Seriously, so yeah, I say Lakers in 6.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The $64 question is:

How do the referees officiate these games??

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Lakers Path-Nugz, Jazz

Spurs Path-Suns, Hornets

Spurs in 6. Laker hate>>>>>>spurs hate

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
These are clearly not the two best West teams. I won't be turning on TNT anytime soon. Go East.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The $64 question is:

How do the referees officiate these games??

David stern has the option of

a) lakers vs. celtics

or

b) pistions vs. spurs

Are you kidding, we're talking about the two extremes in terms of drawing power. He'll spring Tim Donaghy from the joint and have him ref these games.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I am officially done with the NBA for the season, officially. The most I might catch of this series is flipping through channels and seeing about 5 seconds here and there...

mack2323

Reaction score
I hate the Spurs and I don't like the Lakers. It don't realy matter to me who wins but I predict

Spurs in 6

They can single cover Gasol all the time so the shooters will not be a factor. They will have to rely with Kobe heavily for them to win. Bowen will do a good job guarding Kobe, he will do his thing like grabbing, kicking, etc. I don't have to list a lot of his dirty tricks because we already know him.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
This thing is going a minimum of 6. Bank on it. The key for San Antonio is whether Bowen can cover Kobe solo and make him work for everything. If he can keep Kobe under control, he'll need double help and this is where Lamar can kill them. San Antonio is well-disciplined to not leave the perimeter guys open for good looks beyond the arch. So Kobe can/will get some good looks or he can look to drive and kick/dish if they do converge. I expect to see a lot of pick n rolls from both teams this series.

One thing the Lakers cant let happen is Parker and Ginobili get hot. Spurs can win with Timmy posting modest offensive numbers (eg 14/10/3), but they dont have a shot if Manu and Parker struggle. So the key to a Lakers success this series is contain two of their big three as much as possible. I call it suppression of the 20-20-20. Dont let all three come anywhere close to posting those scoring outputs and you have a chance.

At some point in this series, perhaps late in every game u will see Kobe guarding Parker. But its Parker whom i fear the most in this series.

Lakers in 6

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are clearly not the two best West teams. I won't be turning on TNT anytime soon. Go East.

Really? The Lakers won the west outright, and the Spurs were the 3 seed by virtue of a tiebreaker with 2 seed New Orleans, then beat them in a seven game series.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
can the world just blow up?

as much as i hate the spurs, i want them to win for two reasons:

1. i hate the lakers and i live in the greater LA area.

2. spurs-celtics or spurs-pistons will both be defensive snooze fests and hence ratings crappers. the more of these that occur the more likely the nba is to take note and continue to take action in improving the entertainment value of their product. yes, these rules changes will likely go into effect waaaay too late to help a finesse team like the suns have been (what else is new?), but it'll make the nba more watchable again, which i fervently hope for.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bad matchup for the Lakers, no Laker fan can seriously say they wanted to play SA. Duncan, Parker, Manu will be able to hurt the Lakers team. The Spurs will pack the paint no easy points for Gasol & Odum & Kobe. Lakers fans got the worst team they could have the defending champs who can defend! Kobe will be trying to carry the load and not sure hes gonna be able to carry the team on his bad back!

nowagimp

Reaction score
can the world just blow up?

as much as i hate the spurs, i want them to win for two reasons:

1. i hate the lakers and i live in the greater LA area.

2. spurs-celtics or spurs-pistons will both be defensive snooze fests and hence ratings crappers. the more of these that occur the more likely the nba is to take note and continue to take action in improving the entertainment value of their product. yes, these rules changes will likely go into effect waaaay too late to help a finesse team like the suns have been (what else is new?), but it'll make the nba more watchable again, which i fervently hope for.

You mean that fans are going to get tired of watching the spurs "big three" shoot 18/53 and WIN? Yeah the champs' skill players shoot 34%, its so exciting to watch all the long rebounds from all those bricks.

The NBA used to be afraid that scoring was too efficient, that games were merely trading of baskets until the end. No problem anymore, scoring at the end of close games can be like baseball now. Watching the champs come out in the 4th quarter to close out the hornets and shoot 3-17, just makes one wonder how good are these guys? How many blown open shots equals you stink?

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
The Spurs inability to shoot in NO is remarkable.

Game 1 - 40.8% (12 of 31 for three for 38.1%)
Game 2 - 42.5% (only 8 of 27 for three for 29.6%)
Game 5 -37.7% (9 of 23 for 39.1%)
Game 7 - 39.5% (but 42.9% for three)

At home they shot well,

Game 3 - 48.2% (11 of 25 for three for 44%)
Game 4 - 51.3% (8 of 26 for three 30.8%)
Game 6 - 49.4% (11 of 21 for three 52.4%)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
The Lakers have too much youth, firepower and athleticism for the Spurs. San Antonio is old and will get worn down.

SA had four days to get ready for Game 7 against New Orleans. Against L.A., there will not be more than one off day between games and that will be BIG against the younger, quicker Lakers.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
The Lakers have too much youth, firepower and athleticism for the Spurs. San Antonio is old and will get worn down.

SA had four days to get ready for Game 7 against New Orleans. Against L.A., there will not be more than one off day between games and that will be BIG against the younger, quicker Lakers.

Athleticism can always be limited by old vets grabbing and holding.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05