St. Louis series thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Daigle makes his major league debut. Remember what happened last Easter weekend between these two teams? Tino Martinez went bizerk and there was a bench clearing fight. Let's make Tony LaRussa's weekend a horrible one.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might hate the StL. Cardinals more than I hate the SF Giants. Crybaby coach, crybaby players. Pujols is the man though.

I will be watching on TV tonight and at the game on Sunday. Go Diagle and go D-Backs!

A-Bomb

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching for all the usual reasons, plus to see this Daigle guy.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am going to my first game of the year tonight with my 4 year old son. Can't wait. STL Cardinals are at the top of my can't stand list. I hope our boys bomb them all weekend.

Djaughe

Reaction score
With all that talent - I hope St. Louis folds like a house of cards!

ugh - i know the pun sucks!

I've really been impressed with the d-backs catchers - I hope they keep the production going!

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
After the last two games I feel a lot better. Randy seemed slow on his pitches and we weren't hitting. Last night was great. Finley has not gotten into any groove and the two catchers seemed pretty good. However, this team always trades away catchers so I don't count on any particular one being with the club for more than 3 years. I am worried about Gonzo'z arm. His throwing arm lacks a lot of strength....could cost lots of runs as time progresses. Some of these guys will be used mainly as pinch hitters which I seem to believe we will see more pinch hitting this year over the past few years. These pitchers are worth about 6 innings.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a long game. ties back up at 3 damn

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Daigle might need some work down in Tucson. I would like to see Villareal be a starter.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Daigle has given up 4 home runs, 7 runs on 9 hits to the first 14 batters. Is he related to Shane Reynolds?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He just gave up his 5th home run of the game. 8-3 and he is yanked. Have a nice trip to Tucson Casey.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Diagle is going to remember his first major league start, no question.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
10-3 now. This is an ugly game.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did Brenly pull Alomar and put in Sadler?

Stan C

Veteran
Reaction score
I was at the game and don't know if the fans were booing Daigle or Brenley for not pulling him earlier in the third (when the fifth home run was hit) but it was in poor taste in my opinion. The kid wasn't trying to throw bp. Hope he can come back strong.
I also think Reggie and Tony gave their version of a christmas card to Joe Jr.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stan C said:
I was at the game and don't know if the fans were booing Daigle or Brenley for not pulling him earlier in the third (when the fifth home run was hit) but it was in poor taste in my opinion. The kid wasn't trying to throw bp. Hope he can come back strong.
I also think Reggie and Tony gave their version of a christmas card to Joe Jr.

I thought it was in poor taste too. I was at the game and some of the catcalls along with the booing seemed to be aimed at Brenly though FWIW.

One bad outing is not enough to demote Daigle IMO. These things happen. Until a pattern of starts like this at the major league level develops, he should be given every opportunity to continue pitching.

It's ok. Hopefully the boys will brush themselves off and turn around and do the same to the Cardinals today. I also hope that Daigle gets some good pep talks so he doesn;t get inside his head on this thing.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
My guess is it was as a precautionary measure from when Alomar got spiked earlier

I was surprised with the game spiralling out of control that Gonzo stayed in. I know he could do damage with his bat but that game last night would have been a good opportunity to take him out.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
THIS JUST IN "OFFICIALLY"

Bob Brenly Is a moron. I was hoping for Diagle to do great today, but he was just awful, sadly. So you pull him before he looses all confidence he had after giving up 2-3 homers. You don't let them hit 5+ homers on ya. That's just crazy.

Alomar being taken out is fine, but at least put in someone who deserves to play. Kata deserves to play. I mean a 3-4 night doesn't get you in a game? Come on! Put him in Right if we have too. His name ain't Spivey, he won't cry about being moved. Trade Danny. I don't care for who. Anyone.

Brenly is a moron. Hopefully we see him gone by the end of the year.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Phill11 said:
Bob Brenly Is a moron. I was hoping for Diagle to do great today, but he was just awful, sadly. So you pull him before he loses all confidence he had after giving up 2-3 homers. You don't let them hit 5+ homers on ya. That's just crazy.

Alomar being taken out is fine, but at least put in someone who deserves to play. Kata deserves to play. I mean a 3-4 night doesn't get you in a game? Come on! Put him in Right if we have too. His name ain't Spivey, he won't cry about being moved. Trade Danny. I don't care for who. Anyone.

Brenly is a moron. Hopefully we see him gone by the end of the year.

Thanks for saving wear-and-tear on my keyboard.:computer:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05