Steeler Fan Stopping In. . .

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
So we have two weeks before the game. It will seem like FOREVER. . . and also fly by in an instant. So I wanted to come over to an Cards board and chat football as well as on my "home board."

Here's to a great game... Congrats on making it to the SB. . .

BTW, here is the reason I decided to join here...
ww w.arizonasports fans.com/vb/f4/advocatin g-violence-or-injuries-126510.html (had to add the spaces since I'm a noob. . . ) Its a sign of a classy board.

Sad thing is, if the Steelers weren't in it, I probably would have been rooting for the Cards this time around. I know a LOT on my homeboard probably feel the same way. Its hard not to like the Wiz!!

And that rookie QB isn't bad either! :chuckle:

Last edited:

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Preacher, Good luck to you as well. Hope we have a great game and that all players come out of it healthy. Congrats to you guys too. We really like Whiz and his crew here. He's the genuine article, and has totally won over these players, and the fans. He acquires respect the old fashioned way, He Earns It !!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What up?

Oh, there will be A LOT of Steelers fans all over the nation to talk over the next two weeks.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
Tell me about it, I'm married to one. Our son is flying in to be with us during the game, said he wouldn't miss this for the world.

Spielman

Non-Troll Rams Fan
Reaction score
ww w.arizonasports fans.com/vb/f4/advocatin g-violence-or-injuries-126510.html (had to add the spaces since I'm a noob. . . ) Its a sign of a classy board.

It's a very good board. Very much worth sticking around for the football talk. It was one of my favorite places for last year's offseason discussions because of the knowledgeable fans and general lack of terrible behavior.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is the only Cardinals board I read and follow. I used to try to read the main board but would get upset very quickly. I followed a link here one day and never went back.

One of my best friends is from Pittsburgh and the whole family are die hard Steelers fans, so I'm going to get a lot of Steeler propaganda in the next two weeks.

I have thanked him at least 5 times this season for Ken Whisenhunt. I'll thank you and the Steeler nation, too. (and Russ Grimm)

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Sad thing is, if the Steelers weren't in it, I probably would have been rooting for the Cards this time around. I know a LOT on my homeboard probably feel the same way. Its hard not to like the Wiz!!

Welcome!

We'll get a discussion going comparing Whis to Gruden soon. :p

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we have two weeks before the game. It will seem like FOREVER. . . and also fly by in an instant. So I wanted to come over to an Cards board and chat football as well as on my "home board."

We live in town with thousands of fans from other teams. Since this board has a lot of season ticket holders, I think Cards fans have learned how to play (relatively) well with other fans. Steelers fans are aplenty here in town, this being the place where everyone's from somewhere else.

Pittsburgh definitely feels more like extended family than just another opposing team.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we are in for a treat deal with Pit fans after the dealings with some other fans this board has seen most notably Cowboys and Eagles. I know Steeler fans have a stigma of being obnoxious but find that to be the exception not the rule. I have friends and family that are Steeler fans and I think they are more represenitive of a typical Steeler fan with high football knowledge and passion for true game. They have a very decorated history but when compared to other fans with similar past success (Cowboys, 9ers, Pats) I say the Steeler fans are probably the most humble of the lot. Good luck to both teams, but may the Cards have more luck and win the game!

Last edited:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey, Preacher...

WELCOME! "Class" fans are are ALWAYS welcome. I think we can all look forward to an entertaining game. As for Whiz'?? I was impressed with him from day-one. I remember hearing in the early days that we might become the "Steelers"-WEST. I thought, KOOL! While you want your team to establish its' own identidy, its' own traditions, I have always respected the Rooney family and the teams they put on the field. They displayed courage & heart to go along with their talent. They were TRUE Champions! So, I thought, Man, if we can develop that same kinduv' mentality here with the Cards it'll be GREAT to be a Cardinal fan. Well, lo and behold, in just (2) short years Whiz' & Staff have done just that. ALL teams have talented players BUT to get everyone on the same page. United as a team. Together as a family... Easier said then done. BUT the GREAT teams do just that. Anyways, WELCOME. Take Care! Mark :)

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
What I always admired about the Steelers is that when everyone else freaks because their team didn't win the Super Bowl, firing coaches every 3 years, Pittsburgh knew they had a good guy and just kept him. Allowing the bad with the good, trusting him to learn and grow rather than 'riding a new horse' every few years. I think that's been one of their great strengths.

Hopefully, the Cards will follow THAT lead.

OP
OP
P

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
What I always admired about the Steelers is that when everyone else freaks because their team didn't win the Super Bowl, firing coaches every 3 years, Pittsburgh knew they had a good guy and just kept him. Allowing the bad with the good, trusting him to learn and grow rather than 'riding a new horse' every few years. I think that's been one of their great strengths.

Hopefully, the Cards will follow THAT lead.

Reading through... thanks everyone.

Brighteyes. . .

Yep, so many miss that simple formula. Same ownership, same coaches, same front office, same philosophy on the field. You find people to fit the system from the top down. When you change the system, it is slow, gradual changes.

The Steelers are currently in the middle of a change, which is what makes this run of ours that much more special.

With Whiz, Grimm, and others in Arizona, many Pit fans look at Ariz. as our "little brother" sorta speak. So this SB seems to be a family affair. Gotta love it.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Reading through... thanks everyone.

Brighteyes. . .

Yep, so many miss that simple formula. Same ownership, same coaches, same front office, same philosophy on the field. You find people to fit the system from the top down. When you change the system, it is slow, gradual changes.

The Steelers are currently in the middle of a change, which is what makes this run of ours that much more special.

With Whiz, Grimm, and others in Arizona, many Pit fans look at Ariz. as our "little brother" sorta speak. So this SB seems to be a family affair. Gotta love it.
Whiz was asked if he resented the way he was treated by the Steelers at a presser today. His response was "What do you mean the way I was treated? I was given an opportunity by the Steelers."

OP
OP
P

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
Whiz was asked if he resented the way he was treated by the Steelers at a presser today. His response was "What do you mean the way I was treated? I was given an opportunity by the Steelers."

That sounds about right.

I think the next two weeks are going to be a study in class and respect.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Preacher---something to think about---both Wiz and Russ have a little unfinished business with the Steeler FO to take care of. Both probably have as much knowlege about personnel tendencies of the Steelers as your own coach does. They will be working with Haley and Clancy to scheme against those tendencies. We played virtually this same Pitt team last year---and won on our field with Linehart as QB. I don't believe anyone here will be in AWE of the Steelers. While most SuperBowls end up being skank games after terrific Conferance Championship Games, I have a feeling that this might befome a great one for the ages. Hope so-----would be nice to have a game to remember for all time. Your feelings ?????

quadruple yoi

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

no doubt the media will try to hype up the fact that whiz or grimm didn't get the job in pittsburgh. thats what they were getting at in the press conference today.

Reaction score
no doubt the media will try to hype up the fact that whiz or grimm didn't get the job in pittsburgh. thats what they were getting at in the press conference today.
I think the media will fail horribly also. Always respect and love in the steeler nation for ex-steelers.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
It's a little silly to think someone like Whiz our newly minted hero would still be upset about not getting that job.

More like they should be discussing what he knows and how that might help either side because knowing the Steelers well should help the Cardinals but then again it also can set you up for trickery and such.

Should be a fun game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the media will fail horribly also. Always respect and love in the steeler nation for ex-steelers.

That's not going to stop them from trying to badger him into mispeaking for two weeks though. They also tried to lead him into knocking Big Ben as well. I'm sure they'd love to get something like the Reeves-Elway dustup before the Falcons-Broncos Super Bowl.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score

Thanks for letting us know what the next two weeks will be like. We've never been in this situation before, so we have no clue what it'll be like. Last week took forever until gametime tho.

Thanks and congrats to your Steelers too!

I'd like to think I have a little to do with that thread. It was posted by a mod after I mentioned to a poster that I just wanted a player to have a bad game and not get injured. I don't like seeing injuries no matter what.

Thanks for the kind words about our team. I have a ton of respect for what your franchise has accomplished over the years. ;)

What rookie QB? lol

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we are in for a treat deal with Pit fans after the dealings with some other fans this board has seen most notably Cowboys and Eagles. I know Steeler fans have a stigma of being obnoxious but find that to be the exception not the rule. I have friends and family that are Steeler fans and I think they are more represenitive of a typical Steeler fan with high football knowledge and passion for true game. They have a very decorated history but when compared to other fans with similar past success (Cowboys, 9ers, Pats) I say the Steeler fans are probably the most humble of the lot. Good luck to both teams, but may the Cards have more luck and win the game!

After living in Pittsburgh for 3 years, I can tell you the obnoxious Steeler fans are the ones who probably do not know how to use the internet. And there are lot of people in that city who fall into that category.

Outside of that though, most Steeler fans are pretty legit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05