Stephon Marbury still plays? LOL

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Marbury is a legend in China. They love him there.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The only way not to get dunked on is never to challenge any shots near the rim. Good for Marbury for trying to help, even though it was futile in this case.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
The title of the video should be "Han DeJun Dunks on 6-foot-tall 38-year-old who used to be good at basketball"

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way not to get dunked on is never to challenge any shots near the rim. Good for Marbury for trying to help, even though it was futile in this case.

Good for Marbury. I like the way he didn't back down.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Never understood why Suns fans would hate on Marbury. He was all positive the short time he stayed here. And he can still play basketball. In the recent finals his team won, he showed great teardrop type of shots for efficient penetrating scores. Had he had this earlier in his career! Just like Amare with the new acquired effective back to basket game. Suns would have won it all in 2010, had he had this game back then. The fact that both can still improve their skills so late in the career is proof that they are serious about their profession and talented.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Never understood why Suns fans would hate on Marbury. He was all positive the short time he stayed here. And he can still play basketball. In the recent finals his team won, he showed great teardrop type of shots for efficient penetrating scores. Had he had this earlier in his career! Just like Amare with the new acquired effective back to basket game. Suns would have won it all in 2010, had he had this game back then. The fact that both can still improve their skills so late in the career is proof that they are serious about their profession and talented.

Marbury always had that tear-drop, floater in his game. Honestly I thought it was him that made it more popular then and it has since become one of the most important skills at the PG position.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Hey, another chance to agree with Slin about something. Steph may not have shot it as well then as he does now but it was definitely a significant weapon in his arsenal. He and Tony Parker brought it back, IIRC.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Hey, another chance to agree with Slin about something. Steph may not have shot it as well then as he does now but it was definitely a significant weapon in his arsenal. He and Tony Parker brought it back, IIRC.

I thought it was Parker who popularized it, after Steph semi destroyed him in that 1-st round PO series before his shoulder getting hurt.:D Maybe Marbury had it in his NY time, but I didn't follow him then.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought it was Parker who popularized it, after Steph semi destroyed him in that 1-st round PO series before his shoulder getting hurt.:D Maybe Marbury had it in his NY time, but I didn't follow him then.

I can't remember a time when that shot didn't exist. I grew up in New England and can remember watching Cousy hit that little runner in the lane back in the 60's. Same shot, different name. Steph had that shot in Minnesota too.