Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again, extremely small sample size, but check his splits on third and 6+ this year and tell me he’s being aggressive.

Kyler’s consistently come up short in the clutch his whole career here. Front runner and compiler, not a winner.
I spent a bunch of time last weekend trying to find the Cardinals record in the Kyler era when trailing by at least 10 in a game. Could only find articles notating the best QBs in the league and a bunch of them were over .500. My hunch was that his record isn’t good when trailing in a game

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The turns this thread has taken in 2.5 weeks are crazy.

I don't know which side is right, although I lean toward Kyler not being the main issue, but I do know that all of this losing is taking a serious toll on us as fans.

SOC

I don't think KM is the main issue either, he's simply one issue of many, floating in a detritus filled sea of inadequacy. I'll give the coach and GM a LITTLE more grace, as I don't know what the agreed upon plan was when they came on board. But if this is it, and we are on track, and the owner and FO are in lock step, that's a BOLD row to hoe. Cause this ain't very much fun. But we're Cards fans. We're patient, right?

I will say there are several players I like AT THEIR RESPECTIVE positions better than I like KM at his. Football is a conundrum. It's a true team sport where everyone's performance affects everyone else's, even if you don't play on the same side of the ball. SO there will ALWAYS be reasons to place blame at someone else's feet. So we sit, and wait, and watch, and hope. And we also have to endure nauseating fan boys, and epically obvious Darksiders.

It just is. If you cant look at KM's overall body of work and see that, 6 years in, he is in no way living up to the hype, that's on you. And if you can't look at this team and realize that this team is doing him no favors, that's is also on you.

Man, this team is infuriating. I had a point here, and as I keep typing I get more and more lost in the sauce of how crap we've been for so so so long.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Basically the fact that Kyler is:

5th in Average Intended Air Yards
6th in Aggressiveness %
5th in Air Yards to Sticks
3rd Lowest Target Separation
4th in Deep Ball Attempted %
6th in Tight Window Attempts %

All lead me to believe that he is not playing to pad his passing percentage stats.

Would be open to changing my opinion if there's any concrete evidence showing an opposing view as opposed to 'feels' and 'vibes' that he his.

Additional stats obtained here:

This is the tastiest STAT word soup Ive ever read.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Basically the fact that Kyler is:

5th in Average Intended Air Yards
6th in Aggressiveness %
5th in Air Yards to Sticks
3rd Lowest Target Separation
4th in Deep Ball Attempted %
6th in Tight Window Attempts %

All lead me to believe that he is not playing to pad his passing percentage stats.

Would be open to changing my opinion if there's any concrete evidence showing an opposing view as opposed to 'feels' and 'vibes' that he his.

Additional stats obtained here:

So, a bunch of obscure stats that tally up to nothing, or taking awful sacks and refusing to throw the ball away? Hmm, I wonder which of those two are concrete and which isn't?

For the record, I am not claiming he pads stats. I see a player who panics and the pass rush and goes fetal so he doesn't have to take a hit. Throw the ball away, take a hit, and don't screw the team.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So, a bunch of obscure stats that tally up to nothing, or taking awful sacks and refusing to throw the ball away? Hmm, I wonder which of those two are concrete and which isn't?

For the record, I am not claiming he pads stats. I see a player who panics and the pass rush and goes fetal so he doesn't have to take a hit. Throw the ball away, take a hit, and don't screw the team.
the only stat I consider, 1-3.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score

If you think stats mapping how often a QB throws over 20 yards downfield or where he throws in relation to the first down marker are too obscure then I don’t know what to tell you.

I don’t know why you’re arguing with me. The stats I showed are literally in support of the same conclusion you drew. The sacks of that nature are a result of incompetence versus malice (stat padding). This is not a pro-Kyler post.

But I know the board is frothing at the mouth on anything Kyler related and prefer a black/white view versus shades of gray. I’ll try to add more ‘feels’ and ‘vibes’ to support my claims in the future.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Man, you really gotta work on your reading-comprehension. It needs a ton of work.