Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BA retired from a front office related issue.
BA said he was retiring so he could spend more time with family. The old Danny Ainge retirement lie. Said he made the decision when he realized his grown son just turned 40. Wanted to spend quality time with both his wife and son. Then bam - back to the NFL in a flash !! SMH.

You must be registered for see images attach

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
One of the attorneys can chime in but one of a few things here is the likely play:

1. Bidwill protecting his guy, letting him go to rehab without throwing him under the bus

2. Keim elected to go to rehab so that he couldn’t be fired (probably illegal to do so)

Not wishing him well is the giveaway.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
And he couldn't teach Winston how to throw the ball to his own team more than the other team.lol

I remember the stories about how he liked him coming out of high school, how he was in some camp that Arians was a part of. Winston is just a mess as a QB (and as a human being).

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, it will be Quentin Harris and A-Dub handling draft duties, Bidwill feeling it out for a year and then deciding whether or not to go in a different direction? Perfect. :rolleyes:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So, it will be Quentin Harris and A-Dub handling draft duties, Bidwill feeling it out for a year and then deciding whether or not to go in a different direction? Perfect. :rolleyes:

I know this is the Cardinals but you just can’t go in to an off-season with an “interim” GM (or in this case 2).

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
One of the attorneys can chime in but one of a few things here is the likely play:

1. Bidwill protecting his guy, letting him go to rehab without throwing him under the bus

2. Keim elected to go to rehab so that he couldn’t be fired (probably illegal to do so)

Alcoholism is a protected disability. He didn't necessarily need to go to rehab, to protect his job. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.. and an employer has to be mindful of that. That being said all of those guys work on a contract, so there could be language in a contract that either protects him or relegates things to arbitration. By the way I'm not an attorney, I'm just married to an hr vp have a very large company.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or this just straight up gives MB the perfect excuse, which is what a guy like him needs IMO, to move hard on getting Payton in here potentially... allow Kyler to heal up and maybe help get his mind right and give Payton a free year to just get his program in gear and work out all the mess.

That would be my hope.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I know this is the Cardinals but you just can’t go in to an off-season with an “interim” GM (or in this case 2).
They won't. As soon as the season ends they will name one of them their permanent gm, or go on a full-on GM search.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the best for Keim personally whatever the reason. I, too, don't want him to return to his duties.

That being said, Elon Musk would make a fine interim GM. He'd get rid of everything including the expresso machine.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Hopefully Keim resigns, so that firing KK won't be near the financial burden.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I feel it’s likely #1. The second just gives one temporary cover from fire. But if Keim’s contract/extension are largely guaranteed there’s really no benefit from doing this as eventually one has to leave rehab and can be fired at that time.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The man is the NFL equivalent of a cockroach. I’ll believe he’s gone when they hire a new GM.

Until then, if this really is health related and not just pathetic PR cover from the head idiot in charge, I hope things turn around for him. Don’t wish bad health on anyone.
I hope his health turns for the better and then he gets a job at Home Depot which is really all he should have aspired to. Notice I didn’t say qualified for

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05