Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, it will be Quentin Harris and A-Dub handling draft duties, Bidwill feeling it out for a year and then deciding whether or not to go in a different direction? Perfect. :rolleyes:
Not if we bring in the Bobs.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
One of the attorneys can chime in but one of a few things here is the likely play:

1. Bidwill protecting his guy, letting him go to rehab without throwing him under the bus

2. Keim elected to go to rehab so that he couldn’t be fired (probably illegal to do so)

Not wishing him well is the giveaway.
that press release was so to the point, it was icy

Keim has an employment contract, so terminating it "for cause" (i.e. not having to pay him the balance of the contract) will be defined.

Being an alcoholic wouldn't do it, but showing up drunk at an NFL function (i.e. work) would, or, embarrassing the organization publicly would (another dui as an example)

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Alcoholism is a protected disability. He didn't necessarily need to go to rehab, to protect his job. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.. and an employer has to be mindful of that. That being said all of those guys work on a contract, so there could be language in a contract that either protects him or relegates things to arbitration. By the way I'm not an attorney, I'm just married to an hr vp have a very large company.
I wonder if there's a health rider in the contract or insurance policy that this gives them an out where Keim gets to save face and that horrible contract is paid by someone other than the team. With the way Steve and Mike are buddies I could see some shenanigans like that.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did notice he wasn’t sitting with Bidwill at Monday’s game.

P.S. Hi.
I noticed that also when they showed Bidwill that one time Monday night. There was a woman sitting with him, I assume that's Mrs Bidwill? They showed Bidwill after Kyler went to the locker room with the injury. At first I thought maybe Keim left Bidwill & went to the locker room to check on Kyler? After reading this today I really don't know?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I noticed that also when they showed Bidwill that one time Monday night. There was a woman sitting with him, I assume that's Mrs Bidwill? They showed Bidwill after Kyler went to the locker room with the injury. At first I thought maybe Keim left Bidwill & went to the locker room to check on Kyler? After reading this today I really don't know?
Not Mrs. Bidwill. That was our Governor elect Katie Hobbs.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He was in Tampa before Brady was, had to coach Winston for a season.
And Winston has some skills but is an interception machine and thought he could fix him; thought he was close, and he was wrong. Maybe nobody can fix him because Payton could not, but its sill does not alter my observation

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This lady?
You must be registered for see images attach

If so, that is Governor-elect Katie Hobbs, who was in the suite with Michael Monday Night.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have a feeling, right or wrong, that they will make moves to replace Steve as GM.. and they will roll with Kingsbury for at least one more season, to see what a new GM can do with the roster.
Lord I hope not. If Bidwill is smart he would realize that he will totally lose this fan base if KK comes back. Big "if" on him being smart lol. He's obviously smarter than most of us, myself included but his football smarts.........not so much.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This is effed up as well. It's a freaking game people & you guys make fun about someone's life.
I feel bad for his kids not the man.

Keim was given dozens of opportunities to clean up his life and chose not to do so. He had the financial wherewithal and the personal/professional support to do so as well. Most people who overcome addiction do so with much, much less than what Keim was blessed. Addiction is no joke I get that but at a certain point it’s hard to feel bad for someone in his position.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05