Sucker Punch

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images
109 min - Action | Fantasy | Thriller - 25 March 2011 (USA)

A young girl is institutionalized by her wicked stepfather. Retreating to an alternative reality as a coping strategy, she envisions a plan which will help her escape from the facility.

Dont see a thread, guess BIM doesn't wanna see this one. lol

I think it looks cool and it has a bunch of hot 20something women in it.

Sign me up!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont see a thread, guess BIM doesn't wanna see this one. lol

Nah, I was hiking in the Smoky Mountains / visiting family in Knoxville / etc last week. Have it on my list, but besides drafting for a fantasy league - mostly by texting - I didn't have time to post new/upcoming movies last week.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
This looks like it is all extra effects and no substance, like Avatar. Not a huge fan of these overly stylized movies since they use that as the calling card instead of actually making a good movie.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Nah, I was hiking in the Smoky Mountains / visiting family in Knoxville / etc last week. Have it on my list, but besides drafting for a fantasy league - mostly by texting - I didn't have time to post new/upcoming movies last week.

Was just making a funny because you're usually so diligent B, thats all.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry bert but this looks INCREDIBLY dumb!

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry bert but this looks INCREDIBLY dumb!

Why are you sorry? I didn't make it. I haven't even seen it, infact, I think I made it clear that my motives are pretty shallow! :p

I'll give it a chance atleast it's something out of the ordinary. I think 90% of the movies that come out are INCREDIBLY dumb.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucker Punch

Release Date: March 25, 2011 (conventional theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Zack Snyder
Screenwriter: Steve Shibuya, Zack Snyder
Genre: Action, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for thematic material involving sexuality, violence and combat sequences, and for language)

Starring: Emily Browning, Vanessa Hudgens, Abbie Cornish, Jamie Chung, Jena Malone, Carla Gugino, Jon Hamm, Oscar Isaac, Scott Glenn

Plot Summary: Close your eyes. Open your mind. You will be unprepared.

"Sucker Punch" is an epic action fantasy that takes us into the vivid imagination of a young girl whose dream world provides the ultimate escape from her darker reality. Unrestrained by the boundaries of time and place, she is free to go where her mind takes her, and her incredible adventures blur the lines between what's real and what is imaginary.

She has been locked away against her will, but Babydoll (Emily Browning) has not lost her will to survive. Determined to fight for her freedom, she urges four other young girls—the outspoken Rocket (Jena Malone), the street-smart Blondie (Vanessa Hudgens), the fiercely loyal Amber (Jamie Chung) and the reluctant Sweet Pea (Abbie Cornish)—to band together and try to escape their terrible fate at the hands of their captors, Blue (Oscar Isaac), Madam Gorski (Carla Gugino) and the High Roller (Jon Hamm).

Led by Babydoll, the girls engage in fantastical warfare against everything from samurais to serpents, with a virtual arsenal at their disposal. Together, they must decide what they are willing to sacrifice in order to stay alive. But with the help of a Wise Man (Scott Glenn), their unbelievable journey—if they succeed—will set them free.

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My local paper said one of the worst "hyped" movies of the last several years.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from taking my teenager who begged me to go. I can absolutely confirm that this movie was utter garbage. So glad matinee price was only 4.50

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just got back from taking my teenager who begged me to go. I can absolutely confirm that this movie was utter garbage. So glad matinee price was only 4.50

Now I'm even more excited to go see it. :mulli:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Channing Frye didn't like it:

Channing_Frye Channing Frye
I saw Sucker Punch I felt like I was the sucker getting punched in the nads.
15 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:biglaugh:

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Took my residents to see it. It was terrible. I don't recommend it, even as a rental.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why do I think Warner's is crapping it's pants right now thinking... we let WHO direct Superman?

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I never did see it in theatres. I rented it off a redbox the other day just for fun. I was gonna be like; what are you guys talkin about, this movie was great! but I couldn't even say it as a joke without getting nauseated.

Whhhyyyyyyyy isssssssssssss evvveeeerrrrrrryyyyyy sceeeeeeeeennnneeeeee doonnnnnnnneeeee innnnnnnnnn suuuuuuuuuuperrrrrrrrr slllooooooowwwwww mooooootiooooooooonnnnnnnn?

LoL I made it through 25 mins or so before I couldn't take anymore. Theres not enough hot women in the world to pursuade me to sit through that. What the hell are they thinking with that? I mean the movie was bad enough but it was bad in super slow motion! :) Seriously, people said 300 had too much slow mo, this movie had atleast 10x more in the short amount of it I watched.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really liked aspects of it and didn't like others. Walked away thinking it was a 2 star movie that could have been 4 stars.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a bad movie but not great. Tried to be to "artsy" during some parts and action packed others. Some really cool freaking visuals and sound in the movie. To me it has parts that were "show off your home theater" worthy but the overall movie? Blah.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
got this from BB movie pass today....from the previews it looks like a complete mind ****.....will be interesting to see I guess....I can tell already the ol'lady will not appreciate it..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05