Suh: 'I always mark the calendar' for Sam Bradford

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Putting the comments into proper context, he was asked about the fact that Bradford was taken #1 overall in the same draft class that Suh was taken#2 and he said he always marks the calendar whenever he sees that name.

Didn’t our #1 pick basically say that every team that picked before us made a huge mistake and he intends on proving them all wrong? There were defensive guys taken above him. I don’t really see the difference.

If you think Suh’s history plus these comments equals some kind of “extra” red flag that the league or refs needs to put under the microscope, I don’t think you have been paying attention to what has been going in the NFL over the past several seasons.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
It's so funny that Rams fans got super sanctimonious about BA saying they were always 8-8, "CLASSLESS!!!" but Suh says he "Marks the calendar" for a guy like Bradford who has struggled with injuries, and they're fine with it.
I am beyond fine with clean, extremely hard hits on the QB, as are you if you're being honest. No one is fine with dirty hits (at the knees, or well after the ball is thrown). The NFL is a rough sport and Sam has an extensive injury history, as did Palmer before him, so how can you blame a dlineman who does what his job description requires him to do? Hit the QB so hard that snot flies....within the rules.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Back when those two played Nebraska/Oklahoma was still a rivalry. I remember what he did to Arizona in the Holliday Bowl. Best defensive player I’ve seen in college.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
If He’s going to suh Sam - I would go all longest yard on Suh - let him through and let Sam puncture his nasty nuts with a spiral - in self defense of course - but reality is Suh fears Sam or he would not say anything - and then say he doesn’t talk much?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
So, Suh holds it against Bradford because of something he had absolutely no control over? Sticking it to a team(s) that passed on you is one thing but targeting the players that they took? Someone needs some therapy.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
That's cool. So a known dirty player is threatening to hit our QB "really hard".

It what it is. But, then again, this is the NFL, and these are professionals. I am sure there are Cardinals defensive players that could hit Jeff Goff "really hard" in retaliation if there was to be an injury to Bradford because of this.

We are currently re-building our team. The Rams are thinking Superbowl. Who has more to lose ?

Funny thing is, Suh is the type of guy that would put himself before the team, so if they want to put up billboard material, then that is fine. Personally, I think it was a dumb thing for Suh to say.

Its football, these things happen.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Putting the comments into proper context, he was asked about the fact that Bradford was taken #1 overall in the same draft class that Suh was taken#2 and he said he always marks the calendar whenever he sees that name.

Didn’t our #1 pick basically say that every team that picked before us made a huge mistake and he intends on proving them all wrong? There were defensive guys taken above him. I don’t really see the difference.

If you think Suh’s history plus these comments equals some kind of “extra” red flag that the league or refs needs to put under the microscope, I don’t think you have been paying attention to what has been going in the NFL over the past several seasons.

Rosen said he would make those team pay by beating them every time they played against them. Rosen didn't say he was going to purposely throw a line drive at the head of Baker Mayfield when he wasn't watching. There is a huge difference.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So, Suh holds it against Bradford because of something he had absolutely no control over? Sticking it to a team(s) that passed on you is one thing but targeting the players that they took? Someone needs some therapy.

You should check out the Brady Six documentary about the quarterbacks drafted before Brady. Players hold draft grudges their entire career against teams and players. This really isn’t a big deal IMO.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Rosen said he would make those team pay by beating them every time they played against them. Rosen didn't say he was going to purposely throw a line drive at the head of Baker Mayfield when he wasn't watching. There is a huge difference.

The point is most of these guys look for any perceived slight they can find and try to use it as fuel for that extra bit of motivation. Often times they want to tell everyone willing to listen.

Getting all worked up about playerspeak comments is a waste of time, as is trying to extrapolate those comments out into some kind of sinister prelude to a cheap shot.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting all worked up about playerspeak comments is a waste of time, as is trying to extrapolate those comments out into some kind of sinister prelude to a cheap shot.

The problem is there is a history with Suh:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Hopefully Suh goes against Iupati and Donald lines up against Pugh. Those are the best match ups. If Donald lines up against Iupati it will be a long day for both Iupati and our QB. Donald is simply too quick for him. We would have to either have the center or the fullback help.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am beyond fine with clean, extremely hard hits on the QB, as are you if you're being honest. No one is fine with dirty hits (at the knees, or well after the ball is thrown). The NFL is a rough sport and Sam has an extensive injury history, as did Palmer before him, so how can you blame a dlineman who does what his job description requires him to do? Hit the QB so hard that snot flies....within the rules.
That’s IF that’s what he does. I have no problem with that. Unfortunately Suh is known for extracurricular activity. That’s NOT cool.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
You should check out the Brady Six documentary about the quarterbacks drafted before Brady. Players hold draft grudges their entire career against teams and players. This really isn’t a big deal IMO.
Thanks for the tip but I refuse to watch anything like that about Brady. Never would I have ever dreamed that caught cheaters would ever be thought of anything but cheaters, much less "greatest" makes me want puke any time I see fluff pieces about him.

Which isn't your point but yes, I'm aware of players using draft position as personal motivation. Peyton has famously told his related story on more than one occasion. Others have worn the number where they were drafted to remind themselves, etc. Which is all fine. But I don't recall any of those stories where a player has targeted another specific player. It just doesn't seem reasonable to me. Bradford didn't cost Suh any money or fame(unless he thinks he would have carried the Rams, without a QB, to a better record those years). Maybe it's because the one time they faced each other in college Oklahoma rolled right over Nebraska?

I'm not worked up over it though. Bradford has a way of getting hurt all on his own that I'm far more concerned about. But, targeting Bradford and taking some extra shots or planting him a little harder than he might other QB's isn't something I'd admire. There's an unwritten rule amongst most professionals where they treat things like a business and with respect. I don't know that Suh is mature enough for that. Kind of like when guys go 110% in a scrimmage. Sure, you want maximum effort but you also want to be appropriate. Making it personal against an individual player doesn't usually come off as professional.

Like when a DB and WR start fiddle-fartin' around with each other. They think they're in some gladiatorial combat but the rest of the world watching just sees a couple of unprofessional clowns.

Oh, Suh deserves no benefit of doubt here either. He's a dirty scumbag from what I've seen. He's had his ass handed to him on various occasions and he's resorted to cheap, sneaky, dirty retaliation. I think it's stretches the bounds of reason to think his comments are "innocent".

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I get that, but most defensive players are trying to hit every QB as hard as they can. The unfortunate truth is that if they knock out the opposing teams starting QB then it usually greatly improves their chances of winning. Sure, it's a cheap & dirty way to win, but it's also effective.

If a defensive player came out and said he tries to tackle players in the gentlest way possible to reduce the chances of injuring players then everyone would jump all over him.

It's a violent sport. The players know the risks.
yeah. when I played we were taught a simple truth. a dude on the bench cant help his team win...so we were always trying to knock the best players out of the game.... not trying to break their legs, or send them to the hospital... but trying to ring their bell hard enough that they cant play any more today. it was an integral part of the game back in the dinosaur days,..and why toughness was such an important asset for a player to have.

but to hear a statement like that towards our QB,...coming from a guy known to be dirty...on a team that has historically knocked several of our QB's out for extended periods... it is concerning...... Bradford needs to prepare before that game,... take Cole , Iupati, and Pugh out for steaks and ******** and gift them all with a nice Rolex. It's worth a game check to not have his career ended in week two.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You respond by your play on the field... sure in the hell do not go ape **** twitter over cheap words by a cheap shot guy
No!

Rams have CONSISTANTLY targeted our QB’s AND OTHER players throughout the league with dirty hits. Teams like the Saints took on bounties on our team and we haven’t retaliated. No one is saying going on a twitter war. But put his ass on notice that there will be consequences for targeting our qb! You want a repeat of what they did to Bridgewater and Palmer? I wholeheartedly believe in tit-for-tat. Put some good hits on Goff.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No!

Rams have CONSISTANTLY targeted our QB’s AND OTHER players throughout the league with dirty hits. Teams like the Saints took on bounties on our team and we haven’t retaliated. No one is saying going on a twitter war. But put his ass on notice that there will be consequences for targeting our qb! You want a repeat of what they did to Bridgewater and Palmer? I wholeheartedly believe in tit-for-tat. Put some good hits on Goff.

It's an old saying but two wrongs do not make a right. Every team has an enforcer so to speak when something actually does happen, even basketball teams tend to have one but there is no reason to say jack when he made that statement public and the best way to handle that is beating the opposing team. Reality check, do you really think that the league has not already taken notice of a public comment and do you really think according to his history that being put on notice would change his mindset... it's just Suh being typical Suh and I also doubt that this current Ram regime approved of his brashness of being a moron and they're not exactly happy with such overtones for providing extra bulletin board material for the Cardinals when you have a guy like Iupati in the mix

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's an old saying but two wrongs do not make a right. Every team has an enforcer so to speak when something actually does happen, even basketball teams tend to have one but there is not need to say jack when he made that statement public and the best way to handle that is beating the opposing team... and do you really think that the league has not already took notice of that public comment and do you really think according to his history that being put on notice would change his mindset, it's just Suh being typical Suh and I also doubt that this current Ram regime approved of his brashness of being a moron
This is the same franchise that hired Greg Williams after the bountygate! Rams/Saints constantly through cheapshots on Warner and we haven’t done nothing for retaliation, hell I heard on this very board it’s why he retired because he didn’t believe the team had his back or something to that effect. So with that being said, our enforcers? You say let the team show it on the field and keep it off social media, well they took out Palmer TWICE and there wasn’t any retaliation. So with that being said, where’s our enforcers?

I’m glad Wilks is instilling some toughness to this team because we will need it against the dirty Rams.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is the same franchise that hired Greg Williams after the bountygate! Rams/Saints constantly through cheapshots on Warner and we haven’t done nothing for retaliation, hell I heard on this very board it’s why he retired because he didn’t believe the team had his back or something to that effect. So with that being said, our enforcers? You say let the team show it on the field and keep it off social media, well they took out Palmer TWICE and there wasn’t any retaliation. So with that being said, where’s our enforcers?

I’m glad Wilks is instilling some toughness to this team because we will need it against the dirty Rams.

Warner never said or insinuated that his team did not have his back, and a majority of the times our guys got hurt against the Rams was because they simply got jacked by a high draft pick doing what a high draft pick is expected to do on defense... high talent equals more bang for your proverbial buck on a tackle and the only dirt on the coaching staff left with Greg Williams, chill out

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Warner never said or insinuated that his team did not have his back, and a majority of the times our guys got hurt against the Rams was because they simply got jacked by a high draft pick doing what a high draft pick is expected to do on defense... high talent equals more bang for your proverbial buck on a tackle and the only dirt on the coaching staff left with Greg Williams, chill out
That’s absolute bs, the Seahawks are pound for pound a better defense then the Lambs but they never *intentinally* took out our players or any other players in the league, unlike the Lambs who took out Bridgewater and took out that Ravens runningback when the tackler body-slammed him illegally on the turf. And you try to tell me it’s all about talent?? Harbaugh’s Niners were a talented defense but they weren’t known for dirty plays and taking out qb’s. There’s absolutely NO ROOM to defend that team. It ain’t because of talent. Suh knows how the Rams are. He’s feeding into that dirty mindset and atmosphere. And you try to tell me it’s just “more talent”??