Summer must-do list - Paul Coro - interesting article

sunsfn

Reaction score
Summer must-do list starts with Amaré, JJ
Suns may pursue Lithuanian guard

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 30, 2005 12:00 AM

There is no need to gas up Robert Sarver's plane this time. Though flying to see Steve Nash worked a year ago, a car would suffice for the Suns' free-agent priorities this year.

When free agency commences at 9 tonight (Phoenix time), the Suns will reach out to Joe Johnson about re-signing him and Amaré Stoudemire about extending his deal.

"Joe and Amaré will know very quickly what our intentions are," said Suns President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo, who added that the Suns will be active but non-committal with other free agents until Johnson's and Stoudemire's deals are resolved.
advertisement

It's an important day, starting with the deadline for centers Jake Voskuhl and Steven Hunter to act on player options. Here's a rundown of what is to come for Phoenix:

• Voskuhl will pick up his $1,875,000 player option, but the Suns will continue to look for a trade that would help the former starting center get in someone's rotation.

• Hunter will decline his $745,000 option, but said he expects to return to Phoenix. Hunter, who recently underwent surgery to repair torn ligaments in his right middle finger, said his return is more about security, a long-term contract, than money. He has said he wants more than the $1.6 million to $1.7 million exception.

"I definitely want to be back. I'm sad to see (Quentin Richardson) leave, but Kurt Thomas is a great addition, especially depth-wise. I love the organization, coaches and management," Hunter said.

• Johnson may want to feel out his free-agent value with teams that want him (Cleveland, the Los Angeles Clippers and Atlanta). However, he could agree to a six-year deal with Phoenix and not sign an offer sheet from another team, which can offer only five years. If he signs an offer sheet elsewhere, Phoenix can match it to keep him, but he would miss the chance at a six-year deal.

• Phoenix likely will pursue 25-year-old Lithuanian sharpshooter Arvydas Macijauskas with its $5 million, midlevel exception, which can be split among more than one player. Macijauskas helped Tau Ceramica of Spain reach the Euroleague championship game. He averaged 17.8 points a game and shot 48 percent this season in the Euroleague. The 6-foot-4, 214-pounder scored 24 against the United States in the 2004 Olympics' bronze medal game.

• The Suns also will consider shooting guard Raja Bell, who averaged 12 points as a part-time starter with Utah last season. Bell, who played a season with Steve Nash in Dallas, is fleet and defends well.

• The "amnesty rule" of the new collective bargaining agreement will have the Suns looking at other veterans such as former Suns guard Michael Finley, one of Nash's closest friends. Like Allan Houston and Brian Grant, Finley is expected to be waived on a one-time tax break.

Dallas, well over the salary cap, will not have to pay the luxury tax on his $15.9 million salary next season. He still gets that money, so he might consider a veteran's minimum offer.

• The Suns will have one new staff member for sure. Mike D'Antoni's older brother, Dan, 57, will join the Suns as an assistant, but not as a bench coach.

He coached at Socastee High School in Myrtle Beach, S.C., for 30 successful years. He founded the Beach Ball Classic, one of the top high school tourneys in the nation. This will be his first pro work since a stint with the Baltimore Bullets in 1971.

-

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images
Arvydas Macijauskas,
Lithuania

Name: Arvydas Macijauskas
Nickname: Macas, Mache
Born: January 19, 1980
Origin: Klaipeda, Lithuania
Height: 6-4/1,94
Weight: 214lbs/97,1
College: None
Drafted: Undrafted
Languages: Lithuanian, Russian, and
Teams (jersey): Lietuvos Rytas, Tau Cerámica (7)
FACTS: Won the 1999-00 and 2001-02 Lithuanian National Chmapionship with Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius...won the 2004 Spanish National Cup (King's Cup) with Tau Cerámica Saski Baskonia Vitoria...won the 2002 NEBL with Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius...named the 2001-02 and 2002-03 Lithuanian League MVP...named the 2002 NEBL Finals MVP...played the 2001, 2002 and 2003 Lithuanian All Star Game...named the 2003 Lithuanian All Star Game MVP...won the 2002 and 2003 Lithuanian All Star Game 3 Points shootout...has been member of the Lithuanian Junior National Team...played at the 1998 European Junior Championship...has been member of the Lithuanian Under-20 National Team...played at the 2000 European Under-20 Championship...member of the Lithuanian National Team...won the gold medal at the 2003 European Championship.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm in for Raja Bell! I always liked that guy's game. Kinda a gym smarts guy that makes smart moves that don't show up in the box score, like blocking the passing lane at a key moment so a teammate can get a steal. :thumbup:

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This guy's 25? :eek: Show me the birth certificate. He looks 35.

asudevil83

Reaction score
what are we doing looking for more backcourt guys.

Nash, JJ, Barbs, Marion, Finley, JJax, Bell, Arvydas, Thompson.

it really looks like Thomas will be delegated to the backup role, with Marion once again starting at the PF. if we keep Hunter we MIGHT be fine, i guess. but i was hoping for more of a bigger starting lineup:

Amare/Hunter
Marion/Thomas
JJ/JJax/Thompson
Finley/Arvydas
Nash/Bell/Barbs

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
what are we doing looking for more backcourt guys.

Nash, JJ, Barbs, Marion, Finley, JJax, Bell, Arvydas, Thompson.

it really looks like Thomas will be delegated to the backup role, with Marion once again starting at the PF. if we keep Hunter we MIGHT be fine, i guess. but i was hoping for more of a bigger starting lineup:

Amare/Hunter
Marion/Thomas
JJ/JJax/Thompson
Finley/Arvydas
Nash/Bell/Barbs
If we were going to play small that much, then we wouldn't have traded Q for THomas. Q would be more coveted in the small ball lineup because he can play SF. Thomas will get his minutes, because this is all about keeping Amare happy and his 30 PPG average I predict he will have next season! :thumbup:

asudevil83

Reaction score
Yuma said:
If we were going to play small that much, then we wouldn't have traded Q for THomas. Q would be more coveted in the small ball lineup because he can play SF. Thomas will get his minutes, because this is all about keeping Amare happy and his 30 PPG average I predict he will have next season! :thumbup:

then why arent we talking about adding someone who can play the PF/C positions. this whole article was about SF/SG/PG's, which is something we dont need. why spend the WHOLE MLE on this Arvydas guy if he's not needed?

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
then why arent we talking about adding someone who can play the PF/C positions. this whole article was about SF/SG/PG's, which is something we dont need. why spend the WHOLE MLE on this Arvydas guy if he's not needed?

I agree. I honestly dont want to see this team pick up anymore "chuckers" unless that player brings something else to the table and especially at the cost of the MLE. I want us to bring in guys who can provide offense, but also ball-handling, passing, D, etc... So far, it seems like we're interested in these one-dimensional chuckers. Which is why im not too high on Dijon.

I hope we look into brian grant if he gets waived. I think we could really use him as a backup F/C.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Macijauskas is 6'3" in socks, 6'4" in NBA terms. He's a volume 3pt shooter with a quick release, so I'm sure he could help the Suns' offense...not sure how much the team's defense would suffer with him on the floor, though.

From Euroleague.net via Google, an interview from last year:

Euroleague fans called, and Arvydas Macijauskas has responded! The sharpshooter known in his native Lithuania as "Kaleshnikov" may be setting free throw records, but he also scored a Fan Mail record of sorts by attracting almost 100 questions over the weekend. Before flying with Tau Ceramica to face Alba Berlin on Wednesday, the Euroleague's current scoring leader and took time to answer many of your best questions. Of course, one major subject was free throws, of which Macijauskas has made 91 consecutively in the Euroleague and the Spanish League. "Everywhere I go, the people ask me about the free throws," Macijuaskas told Euroleague.net, "but the truth is I don't think it is so important."

Hi, Arvydas. What's your secret for free Throw shooting? Good luck!
Sadik Iliman, Frankfurt, Germany

"Everybody asks me that these days. I don't know. Maybe it's just concentration. In practice, I don't do any special things for free throws. I take some more before and after practice, but I don't take any more than I take for three-pointers or layups or anything else. It must be concentration, then, because there is nothing special I do for free throws."

Arvydas, what are you thinking about when you shoot a free throw?
Arnas Labuckas, Lithuania

"I am thinking that my team needs one or two more points - sometimes three - so I must make the shot. That's all I think about. That's what motivates me."

In your home country, Lithuania, you were often compared with another 'deadly' sharpshooter Kurtinaitis. Which player, both nationally and internationally, had most impact on your shooting style?

"I don't know, really. Maybe the greats like Sarunas Marciulionis. I loved the way he played. And Sabonis, too, even though we play different positions. Among international players, like everyone, I would say Michael Jordan. By himself, he's enough for me. I love the guys who shoot, but basketball not only that. You've got to take rebounds, penetrate and pass. So I never focused only on the shooters."

Hello Arvydas! According to the Euroleague.net Players Poll, most Euroleague players believe that you will be the next new star of the league. What is your opinion about this prediction?
Dimitris, Greece

"If they say something about me, something good, I am happy. But what I really want is to see Tau win and to see Tau playing in the Euroleague Final Four."

Labas, Hola, Hi! At the beginning of the season your three-point shooting percentage was lower than usual, but now you are getting better and better from long distance. What was the reason for such a change?
Andrius Siaudinis, Lithuania

"Good question, because everybody in Tau and some coaches in Lithuania who know me asked the same thing. They couldn't believe it. Usually my strong side is three-point shooting. In Lithuania, I won the all-star three-point competition three times. Here, the defense is of course better than in Lithuania. You have to run more screens, run quicker to get open. Maybe you get tired. You don't have a lot of time to shoot, so you have to shoot quick. Now I am doing better, and I hope I will shoot better in the future."

Labas, Arvydai. Which coach has made the biggest impact on you?
Martynas, Vilnius

"I have had good coaches all along, such as Sarunas Sakalauskas in Lietuvos Rytas, and then after him, Jonas Kaslauskas, a Euroleague winner. And now I have a great coach in Dusko Ivanovic, so I am happy with eveyrone I have had."

Hi, Arvydas. I would like to know how has been your adaptation to the ACB League? Did you find any problem with the language, etc.? Thanks and please continue playing like this. We really love the way you play!!
Victoria, Barcelona, Spain

"I was a little bit scared to arrive here. My English is not perfect and my Spanish is terrible. But when I came, everyone from the team helped me, the playes and the other people in the club. Everyone was very friendly, showing me around, places to go, where to eat. We always go out together as a team, so that makes everything easier. As for the basketball, to me basketball is the same everywhere, whether you are in Lithuania, China, America or Spain. It's one game."

Macas, fans in Lithuania know what you think about Zalgiris fans and what they think about you - maybe it's not hate, but not far from this. So, do you want to have the Kaunas team as one of the opponents in the next round?
Sekmes, Vilnius, Lithuania

"For me, it doesn't matter to play against Zalgiris or not, except a little bit, because playing against them would mean I will have maybe one day at home. Now, with all the games and practices, there is no time to go back, and of course I miss seeing my parents, friends and so on."

Hey Arvydas. I feel a ball player has never excited me like you have, from your days at Lietuvos Rytas to Tau Ceramica, and the NT, I believe sky is the limit for you. Having an incredible full package in the whole game, what is your ultimate goal?
Bariz Ozman, Istanbul

"I think everyone who plays in Europe wishes someday to try the NBA, to play in the best league in the world. But now I am playing at a great level, with the Spanish League being the best at the national level and the Euroleague the best competition outside of the NBA. Of course, I think about the NBA, but only as a wish."

How must a young player train in order to be as good a three-point shooter as you are? Best wishes! Povilas, Lithuania

"You need a little bit of talent and a lot of hard work: after practice, before practice. a lot. But you need a little bit of talent, too."

Hey, Arvydas. I'd like to ask how is it for you playing with Andres Nocioni? It seems like you really help each other to carry the weight for an injured team.
Ziv, Israel

"When Nocioni is playing three and I am playing two, it's really great. He understands me and I understands me. That happened really quickly. Usually on a new team, you need time to understand each other. Here, after one week with him there were no problems. He's a great player, not just on offense, but on defense. He can take rebounds, he's strong. I am very happy to play with him."

Hi Arvydas! Do you want to play against Arvydas Sabonis? Maybe in the Final Four?
Lauris Levinskas, Kaunas, Lithuania

"Of course, it has been my dream to play against Sabonis. When I was playing in Lithuania, and he said he would someday finish his career there, I thought I would play against him for sure, and it would be something to tell my kids someday, that your father played against the very best. Then I left Lithuania and he came back! So maybe we will get to play against each other in the Euroleague, but that is difficult to say right now."

Macas, do you feel more pressure to win in Spain than you felt in Lithuania?
Jurga, Lithuania

"It's difficult here. In the Lithuanian League, we won all except for the tough games with Zalgiris. Here, no one knows who will win before any game. The league is too strong to be sure. And the Euroleague is the same, every game fought point-by-point, and very few of them have big differences. So you never know, but that makes it interesting."

Hi Arvydas. What title would do you like to win most, the ACB, the King's Cup or the Euroleague?
Matias Rayo, Spain

"Only one? Well, then I would say the Euroleague. We'll try to win them all, but if you only give me one choice, then the Euroleague."

Hello, Arvydas. What do you miss most about Lithuania? Can you compare Lithuanian and Spanish fans? Yours sincerely,
Egle, Lithuania

"Of course, I miss my home, Lithuania, the language, a lot of things, food, family: That is to be expected in my first season away from Lithuania. Maybe after two or three seasons it will be easier. The fans? Well, the fans in Lithuania are great. Everyone understands basketball and loves the sport in Lithuania. It's the sport that everybody cares about. Our gym in Lithuania was not so big as here, however. We had maybe 3,000 fans when it was full for Zalgiris games and European games. In Tau, the arena is always full with 9,000 people. Or if you play away in the Eurolague and ACB games, there are always 8,000, 9,000, 10,000 fans. Those full gyms are great for a player. Everybody likes to play in a full gym, with all the cheering and nice atmosphere."

Where did you get your accuracy? Is this a result of work or talent? What can you advise to young players? Best regards,
Arunas, Lithuania

"I think my first coach can answer this better than me, but I think there is talent at the start and hard work after. When I was young, I practiced, but while I was practicing, I was thinking. I am not so big or strong, so I thought about shooting quickly, getting my shot ready and hard to stop. So that is what I tried to learn when I was young, so I think the way I practiced was important."

Did you expect to perform so well so early in the season, considering the fact that you just joined Tau?
Eldad, Lithuania

"Everybody when I left Lithuania said it would be difficult on another team. So I am surprised a little bit. But as a player you don't think a lot about that. You practice hard, practice a lot. The coach trusts me to play and shoot a lot, and because I feel good about that, it's easy. If the coach didn't trust me, it would be different, but right now, this is great."

Your stats are really astonishing. While thinking of you, I have often wondered what it is: nature or nurture? Or just the very name Arvydas is a good omen for Lithuanian hoops?
Egle, Lithuania

"You think it's the name? If that was it, every Michael in the world could be like Michael Jordan!"

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mad Psyentist said:
I agree. I honestly dont want to see this team pick up anymore "chuckers" unless that player brings something else to the table and especially at the cost of the MLE. I want us to bring in guys who can provide offense, but also ball-handling, passing, D, etc... So far, it seems like we're interested in these one-dimensional chuckers. Which is why im not too high on Dijon.

I hope we look into brian grant if he gets waived. I think we could really use him as a backup F/C.

I couldn't agree more. This article makes little sense to me, and I really hope the team will be looking at a couple of frontcourt players. If not, they better bring Hunter back. also, the second they sign a guy like Bell or this guy from Lithuania they can kiss veterans like Michael Finley or Gary Payton goodbye. There might not be enough playing time for those guys as things stand now.

Joe Mama

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I couldn't agree more. This article makes little sense to me, and I really hope the team will be looking at a couple of frontcourt players. If not, they better bring Hunter back. also, the second they sign a guy like Bell or this guy from Lithuania they can kiss veterans like Michael Finley or Gary Payton goodbye. There might not be enough playing time for those guys as things stand now.

Joe Mama

That's true. There's no way Finley will accept the veteran's minimum so that the Suns can use the MLE on another SG. It's going to be Finley or Bell or Macijauskas, not two or three of them together.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
Since the Suns lost the deal with Mutombo a few years ago, they have been very secretive about what they are doing.
They do not lie when asked questions about what they are doing, they just do not talk about what they are doing in total.
I would think they are working very hard on getting a big man or two, and this is just some info they gave to Coro on the smalls they are working on.
I am sure what is in this article is true, they just did not discuse the c/pf's with him. There are a lot less c/pf's to get this summer than small guys, so they may not want to discuss them.

Having said that, I sure hope they find a couple c/pf's this summer, and especially if they do not resign Hunter. I have been thinking that Hunter may come around after thinking about his price. He may take the 1.7. It was not like he was a full time starter at center, he was a part time player. I am trying to forget about what happened with the contract Foyle at Golden state received.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
• Voskuhl will pick up his $1,875,000 player option, but the Suns will continue to look for a trade that would help the former starting center get in someone's rotation.

This is a no-brainer, I think everyone on the board would agree...

• Hunter will decline his $745,000 option, but said he expects to return to Phoenix. Hunter, who recently underwent surgery to repair torn ligaments in his right middle finger, said his return is more about security, a long-term contract, than money. He has said he wants more than the $1.6 million to $1.7 million exception.

"I definitely want to be back. I'm sad to see (Quentin Richardson) leave, but Kurt Thomas is a great addition, especially depth-wise. I love the organization, coaches and management," Hunter said.

We know all this already, but I just don't see the Suns offering him more than the LLE. Especially after what appears to be Sarver's tightening of the pursestrings.

• Johnson may want to feel out his free-agent value with teams that want him (Cleveland, the Los Angeles Clippers and Atlanta). However, he could agree to a six-year deal with Phoenix and not sign an offer sheet from another team, which can offer only five years. If he signs an offer sheet elsewhere, Phoenix can match it to keep him, but he would miss the chance at a six-year deal.
Either scenario is possible, but ultimately, he'll remain a Sun.

• Phoenix likely will pursue 25-year-old Lithuanian sharpshooter Arvydas Macijauskas with its $5 million, midlevel exception, which can be split among more than one player. Macijauskas helped Tau Ceramica of Spain reach the Euroleague championship game. He averaged 17.8 points a game and shot 48 percent this season in the Euroleague. The 6-foot-4, 214-pounder scored 24 against the United States in the 2004 Olympics' bronze medal game.

This kinda caught me by surprise. If Finley is a possibility (and Raja Bell), why do this? Why give a Euro the MLE? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense when guys like Donyell Marshall and SAR are out there.

• The Suns also will consider shooting guard Raja Bell, who averaged 12 points as a part-time starter with Utah last season. Bell, who played a season with Steve Nash in Dallas, is fleet and defends well.
I like this idea. I never really considered Bell, but after reading about how Nash wanted someone from his Dallas days, this one seems like a slam dunk.

• The "amnesty rule" of the new collective bargaining agreement will have the Suns looking at other veterans such as former Suns guard Michael Finley, one of Nash's closest friends. Like Allan Houston and Brian Grant, Finley is expected to be waived on a one-time tax break.

Dallas, well over the salary cap, will not have to pay the luxury tax on his $15.9 million salary next season. He still gets that money, so he might consider a veteran's minimum offer.
At first, I didn't like the idea of getting Finley, but now I've completely changed my mind because he's a low-risk, high-reward player for us.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
Since the Suns lost the deal with Mutombo a few years ago, they have been very secretive about what they are doing.
They do not lie when asked questions about what they are doing, they just do not talk about what they are doing in total.
I would think they are working very hard on getting a big man or two, and this is just some info they gave to Coro on the smalls they are working on.
I am sure what is in this article is true, they just did not discuse the c/pf's with him. There are a lot less c/pf's to get this summer than small guys, so they may not want to discuss them.

Having said that, I sure hope they find a couple c/pf's this summer, and especially if they do not resign Hunter. I have been thinking that Hunter may come around after thinking about his price. He may take the 1.7. It was not like he was a full time starter at center, he was a part time player. I am trying to forget about what happened with the contract Foyle at Golden state received.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. We have NO frontcourt depth, and it won't get better if we get rid of Voskuhl. The trade of Q for KT signals that the Suns would like to get bigger, but with only KT and Amare in the frontcourt it would all be negated without any depth at those positions.

They will sign a big man, but what they are ultimately able to do depends on how many times they can split up the MLE as a result of players taking pay cuts. If a guy like Shareef Abdur Rahim or Donyell Marshall wants to try and get a ring, I would think that they would be willing to take a pay cut in hopes of bolstering our roster. After all, both guys have had pretty decent contracts over the past few years.

Ideally I would like us to split the MLE up and use it on SAR and Finley. Vet minimum for GP. Bring in Randolph Morris as an UDFA.

I mean with a roster that includes:

Amare Stoudemire
Joe Johnson
Steve Nash
Jim Jackson
Shawn Marion
Michael Finley
Gary Payton
Shareef Abdur Rahim
Leandro Barbosa
Dijon Thompson
Randolph Morris

+ fillers

That's not too bad, but like I said it all depends on some of those guys are willing to take pay cuts - which I think some will. Anyways we'll see.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Are you guys missing the part on the Lithuanian guy getting MLE, that it can be split among several players? No way they give this guy ALL $5 million! They would be laughed right out of the NBA! We are getting another big, and we need two more imho, but bigs are a hotter commodity so why tip your hand? In fact, if I was BC, I'd smokescreen with small guys will pursuing the bigs! Look how they went after Nash and Q, they were mum on them until the free agent period started! They were mostly smokescreening being in the Kobe hunt until right up on the free agent period. :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
RedStripe27 said:
I mean with a roster that includes:

Amare Stoudemire
Joe Johnson
Steve Nash
Jim Jackson
Shawn Marion
Michael Finley
Gary Payton
Shareef Abdur Rahim
Leandro Barbosa
Dijon Thompson
Randolph Morris

+ fillers

That's not too bad, but like I said it all depends on some of those guys are willing to take pay cuts - which I think some will. Anyways we'll see.

I like that lineup, actually, but the wildcards are still pretty wild (Payton, Finley, SAR and Morris). It'd be nice, but I wonder how likely.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Coro read my post! I brought up the name Raja Bell in one of the sticky threads. :thumbup:

But seriously, this guy is perhaps the best lockdown defender at the PG position after the demise of the Glove. He will be the best answer against guys like Wade, Billups, Parker, Baron Davis, with whom everybody has problem. And he is court savvy and a really good shooter. He is big enough to defend smaller SGs like Hamilton too. If we don't get Finley or Payton for whatever reason. We gotta get him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
cly2tw said:
Coro read my post! I brought up the name Raja Bell in one of the sticky threads. :thumbup:

But seriously, this guy is perhaps the best lockdown defender at the PG position after the demise of the Glove. He will be the best answer against guys like Wade, Billups, Parker, Baron Davis, with whom everybody has problem. And he is court savvy and a really good shooter. He is big enough to defend smaller SGs like Hamilton too. If we don't get Finley or Payton for whatever reason. We gotta get him.

In reality, though, how many minutes would Bell get against Wade, Billups, etc...? Not much, I think. He would be playing more against Devin Brown, Derek Fisher and Damon Jones.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
"He understands me and I understands me."

i like the way this arvydas dude thinks . . . all me, all the time.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
In reality, though, how many minutes would Bell get against Wade, Billups, etc...? Not much, I think. He would be playing more against Devin Brown, Derek Fisher and Damon Jones.
You gotta think aside from getting Amare help in the FC, that the Suns off season strategy HAS to include reducing Nash's minutes! I know D'Antoni keeps saying it's not a problem, but Nash can't keep up this pace for too many more seasons without risking an injury due to fatigue. Everyone saw how he was hurting at the end of the season, even though he played well, you could tell he was hurting.

Plus we all saw how many games the Suns won when Nash was hurt! :eek:

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I like that lineup, actually, but the wildcards are still pretty wild (Payton, Finley, SAR and Morris). It'd be nice, but I wonder how likely.

Yeah I know. That's just what I would like to see. Personally I think GP and SAR are interchangable parts with the other options being Raja Bell, Donyell Marshall and Stromile Swift respectively. But structurally I think that's what our lineup will be like. I still think bringing in Randolph Morris would be a solid move for the team. He's a big man that can run the floor, though I don't see him getting a lot of minutes. I'm surprised that he didn't even get drafted.