Suns 2011 back-up PG search

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seems like we have one of these threads every year. Here's a brief summary of who the Suns have brought in to back up Steve Nash since re-acquiring him in 2004:
  • Smush Parker
  • Yuta Tabuse
  • Andre Barrett
  • Eddie House
  • Marcus Banks
  • DJ Strawberry
  • Dee Brown
  • Goran Dragic
  • Sean Singletary
  • Aaron Brooks
  • Zabian Dowdell
That's 11 back-up point guards in seven seasons for those of you keeping track. And just who might join this prestigious list this year? The Suns are reportedly shopping at the bargain bin again, expressing interest in Shannon Brown and Ronnie Price, according to Coro.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess whoever has the lowest price tag. Maybe Ronnie Price.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Might as well go with Dowdell. He is already on the team, he is cheap, and he is probably as good as anyone we could sign.

OP
OP
Griffin

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nah, I was just making a joke.
For what it's worth, McGrady reportedly just agreed to a one-year veterans minimum contract with the Hawks. That seems well within the Suns price range, and they are in need of a wing. Whatever T-Mac has left in the tank, it can't be any less than Carter. But it doesn't appear the Suns expressed any interest.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might as well go with Dowdell. He is already on the team, he is cheap, and he is probably as good as anyone we could sign.

The Suns are looking for a third PG. I think it is especially relevant if Hill should leave the Suns. Nash might change his mind and want to leave as well. IMO, Dowdell is at best a third PG.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Hey, the good news is, he did shoot as high as 41% from the field one season, so, you know, he can make defenses pay for sagging off of Childress.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, the good news is, he did shoot as high as 41% from the field one season, so, you know, he can make defenses pay for sagging off of Childress.

Funny stuff. The sad part is, does it really matter. I think the writing is on the wall yet Sarver will not read it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake