Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We could also be loading up on bigs to look at moving Nurk for some wing action.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need to find a point guard. I will take any one of the three mentioned below.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should have kept him when we had him, stupid Monty did not play him

Yes, Monty should have played Holiday, but I think the Suns need to find a better one for this season.

I'm more upset the Suns didn't keep Cam Payne.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think their primary target is Kris Dunn and I am ok with that. Having some D at the pint of attack is useful. He is also a good ball handler and an OK distributor.

Reaction score
The only reason the Mason Plumlee signing interests me is because his brother, Miles Plumlee, played for the Suns ten years ago on the last Suns team that really inspired me. (I even started this comment by erroneously saying the Suns have signed Miles Plumlee.)

I find Miles Plumlee one of the most puzzling of the marginal players the Suns signed. He played unusually well for them in that first season...and then never again played very well. Wherever he played after that, he basically dropped off the face of the earth after playing for the Suns. I always wondered why, just because I obsessively look for explanations more complicated than "because he was terrible." But since he was not terrible for a marginal player in 2013-14, I never understood why he lost his toehold in the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have a press conference at 11 am tomorrow with their two draft picks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason the Mason Plumlee signing interests me is because his brother, Miles Plumlee, played for the Suns ten years ago on the last Suns team that really inspired me. (I even started this comment by erroneously saying the Suns have signed Miles Plumlee.)

I find Miles Plumlee one of the most puzzling of the marginal players the Suns signed. He played unusually well for them in that first season...and then never again played very well. Wherever he played after that, he basically dropped off the face of the earth after playing for the Suns. I always wondered why, just because I obsessively look for explanations more complicated than "because he was terrible." But since he was not terrible for a marginal player in 2013-14, I never understood why he lost his toehold in the NBA.

I always thought Miles Plumlee had the talent to have a longer and better career in the NBA as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, give the Suns one of the remaining big men listed below:

Mo Wagner, Precious Achiuwa, Xavier Tillman, Daniel Theis, James Wiseman

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns get one of the above big men and a veteran point guard, I will be feeling much better about what the Suns have done.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, give the Suns one of the remaining big men listed below:

Mo Wagner, Precious Achiuwa, Xavier Tillman, Daniel Theis, James Wiseman

I'd be happy with Achiuwa, who I wanted the Suns to draft a few years back. Theis would be a bit redundant with Plumlee and Nurk. Same goes for Tillman. Wagner wouldn't be bad. I think Precious is the most capable of playing the 4 or 5. Definitely would like the Suns to make a run at him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Achiuwa, who I wanted the Suns to draft a few years back. Theis would be a bit redundant with Plumlee and Nurk. Same goes for Tillman. Wagner wouldn't be bad. I think Precious is the most capable of playing the 4 or 5. Definitely would like the Suns to make a run at him.

I remember liking Achiuwa as well. The Suns lacked size and depth upfront last season, so redundancy wouldn't bother me a bit. I've always liked the 3 x 5 concept.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point guard Kris Dunn has reached an agreement with the Clippers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see him and Nurkic on the floor at the same time. It would give us a more traditional looking five. More rebounding, etc.

Versatility sounds good to me. The Suns need to be able to give a variety of looks. They need to be able to go big and small.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Center Omer Yurtseven is still out there. He wouldn't be a bad addition, although I hope for more.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Wagner or Achuiwa for PF, and Morris or Lowry for PG. The pickings are beginning to get slim so the Suns better do something. They don't have a credible roster at the moment and they're going to end up having to pin a lot of hope on rookies and UFAs given the health issues they will likely face once again.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Sam Quinn, at the moment, the Suns are in the fighting for a play-in group.