Reaction score
This does not disappoint me.

Roster Now

PG--Beal, Morris, Gillespe
SG--Booker, Allen, Okogie, DLee
SF--Durant, Dunn, Bridges, Little
PF--ONeale, Bol,
C--Nurkic, Plumlee, Ighodaro

Of course, Allen might play some SF and Durant some PF, and Bol playing some C. Some young players are going to be required to step up.

The Suns are incredibly weak at staring power forward with this lineup. O'Neale is only 6'4" and Bol Bol is a bench player at best.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could really use Achiuwa or Crowder upfront if they waive Roddy.

They can't have a lack of depth at two key positions, size upfront and point guard if they add Okogie.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not a very inspiring off season.

Morris was a good signing, I think. Plumlee is a slight upgrade. But the rest of the bench is about the same, with not one, but (likely) two Okogies. And I will be shocked if Dunn plays much this season.

Signing Morris, Plumlee and relying on minor free agents and draftees is simply not enough to put the Suns over the top.

They need depth with their three-star approach, so there is not this huge dropoff when they go to the bench.

The Suns have to plan for adversity.

If they lose a point guard or center for any period of time, they are going to be trying to go up creek without a paddle.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns and Josh Okogie agree to a 2-year, $16 million dollar deal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's clear the Suns are signing players with an eye towards the future.

Perhaps overpaying them so they have the potential to be traded?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not a very inspiring off season.

Morris was a good signing, I think. Plumlee is a slight upgrade. But the rest of the bench is about the same, with not one, but (likely) two Okogies. And I will be shocked if Dunn plays much this season.

No point in bringing Okogie back with Dunn here and to a lesser extent Royce. We need another PG or PF/C. I'd like both but Damien Lee was brought back for some reason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Future flexibility towards trade indeed appears to be a factor with the O'Neale and Okogie signings.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns used Okogie's Bird Rights to sign him to this amount of money.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At some point in time, it appears inevitable, Roddy will be waived or traded.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
The Suns could really use Achiuwa or Crowder upfront if they waive Roddy.

They can't have a lack of depth at two key positions, size upfront and point guard if they add Okogie.
Actually, weight wise Roddy would be the better choice at PF than RO or Bol. I recall one scene last season that a prominent scorer, forgot who that was, sought contact to pull a fallaway jumper, but totally lost control of body after the impact with Roddy and missed. If anybody be waived, that'd be Damion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got to hand it to Ishbia, creating trade assets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, weight wise Roddy would be the better choice at PF than RO or Bol. I recall one scene last season that a prominent scorer, forgot who that was, sought contact to pull a fallaway jumper, but totally lost control of body after the impact with Roddy and missed. If anybody be waived, that'd be Damion.

The Suns are going to break the rim with Dunn, Okogie, Ighodaro, Little and Roddy shooting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've got to hand it to Ishbia, creating trade assets.

Pretty weak assets. Keep in mind since we can’t combine anything and the salary has to be about equal it’s pretty hard to imagine getting something back better than what we are giving up, and most of those contracts are on not very good players.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty weak assets. Keep in mind since we can’t combine anything and the salary has to be about equal it’s pretty hard to imagine getting something back better than what we are giving up, and most of those contracts are on not very good players.
Not true. Lots of teams look for 2 year deals or less for expiring contracts that give them future flexibility.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Future flexibility towards trade indeed appears to be a factor with the O'Neale and Okogie signings.
Indeed. I guess that's really their only option with so much money sunk into three players and no flexibility whatsoever with the remaining roster. It's impossible to imagine they believe these resignings (including Lee, too) were for talent value.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are going to break the rim with Dunn, Okogie, Ighodaro, Little and Roddy shooting.
Little and Roddy need to go in favor of a pf who can shoot.

What we need is a pf who shoots 40% plus from 3, on a per 35 basis scores 17 points and gets 10 boards, and gets 2 blocks a game. Anyone know where we can find one of those?

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns are incredibly weak at staring power forward with this lineup. O'Neale is only 6'4" and Bol Bol is a bench player at best.
There is a reason they signed Bol Bol quickly. His stats last year were quite remarkable. I don’t really get why Suns fans dismiss Bol. I think mismanagement of Bol is one of the reasons Vogel was fired. Bol is only 24 years old, and we are going to have some level of Bird rights with him going forward. His offensive game is stellar.

Last edited:

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
This is way too early to say. But watching Dunn on defense. I can't recall any Sun ever that had the defensive abilities of Dunn. If he develops a shot, he will become famous in the NBA. If he's unplayable due to his shot, it would be tragic. But I think coach will have a hard time keeping him off the floor. I consider this season pretty much a lost cause unless we really hit some home runs on these rookies. At any rate, it gives us something interesting to watch this season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
And they still probably won't win anything in my lifetime.
You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a reason they signed Bol Bol quickly. His stats last year were quite remarkable. I don’t really get why Suns fans dismiss Bol. I think mismanagement of Bol is one of the reasons Vogel was fired. Bol is only 24 years old, and we are going to have some level of Bird rights with him going forward. His offensive game is stellar.

I like what I saw of Bol Bol last season. I'm happy the Suns brought him back. However, due to his build, his ability to play physical inside is limited. I'm anxious to see how Bud uses him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is way too early to say. But watching Dunn on defense. I can't recall any Sun ever that had the defensive abilities of Dunn. If he develops a shot, he will become famous in the NBA. If he's unplayable due to his shot, it would be tragic. But I think coach will have a hard time keeping him off the floor. I consider this season pretty much a lost cause unless we really hit some home runs on these rookies. At any rate, it gives us something interesting to watch this season.
He looks to be superior, at least eventually, to Mikal. A guy like that will disrupt a team and a game. It will be hard to keep him off of the floor regardless of his offensive liabilities.

The question will be how quickly he makes his presence felt.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat