Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But if anything, this season I see Booker playing more small forward than shooting guard due to our smallish PG acquisitions.

Maybe but he's much worse defending at the 1 spot IMO. Personally, I'd leave him at the two spot and play Royce or someone else at the 3 but I'm sure there will be times when Beal and Booker are playing alongside an actual point guard.

This makes depth at the 4/5 position that much more critical with a smallish roster. Hopefully the Suns haven't fixed the backcourt, only to leave the front court vulnerable. I do expect a trade down the line to address this weakness.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But if anything, this season I see Booker playing more small forward than shooting guard due to our smallish PG acquisitions.

Maybe but he's much worse defending at the 1 spot IMO. Personally, I'd leave him at the two spot and play Royce or someone else at the 3 but I'm sure there will be times when Beal and Booker are playing alongside an actual point guard.

This makes depth at the 4/5 position that much more critical with a smallish roster. Hopefully the Suns haven't fixed the backcourt, only to leave the front court vulnerable. I do expect a trade down the line to address this weakness.

Beal is much better guarding at the 3, Book at the 2. We used to have Jae who could play up from his size to guard 4's, but since just before Jae and after Jae, we haven't had a worthy forward who could guard some bigger 4's and smaller 5's. Its been an issue the last 5 years, hopefully Dunn helps in this area but I'm not counting on a late first round pick to solve one of our glaring holes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We’ve tried out a lot of freaking journeymen wings the last two years. By my count…

Royce O’Neal
Nassir Little
Keta Bates-Diop
TJ Warren
Terrance Ross
Yuta Watanabe
Josh Okogie
Ish Wainwright
Torrey Craig

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Maybe you'll get your wish and we sign a big man now that we have a roster spot.

Didn't expect them to do this, and wondering if the waive and stretch for little saves money for Ishbia. Either way, solid move.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We’ve tried out a lot of freaking journeymen wings the last two years. By my count…

Royce O’Neal
Nassir Little
Keta Bates-Diop
TJ Warren
Terrance Ross
Yuta Watanabe
Josh Okogie
Ish Wainwright
Torrey Craig
To be fair, Nassir was a throw-in to the Ayton trade to help make salaries work.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Nassir Little can play, but he was not going to get the opportunity here. He is only 23.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Maybe you'll get your wish and we sign a big man now that we have a roster spot.

Didn't expect them to do this, and wondering if the waive and stretch for little saves money for Ishbia. Either way, solid move.

Most likely. I was slightly interesting in seeing if he had a role in Bud’s mind though.
-

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Free agents forwards don't look so great

Looks like the best available I see are Marcus Morris, Jae Crowder, and Metu

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free agents forwards don't look so great

Looks like the best available I see are Marcus Morris, Jae Crowder, and Metu

I wonder if the Suns would be interested in bringing Crowder back.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could do worse than Omar Yurtseven. He would give Phoenix a third center.

My guess is the Suns have their eye on someone or they could wait. They really could use another power forward.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns would be interested in bringing Crowder back.
I kinda doubt it. He can't rebound, and his 3 point shot wasn't even average last year.

We need an athletic 6'9 or 6'10 guy that can rebound. Like a Brandon Clarke type.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda doubt it. He can't rebound, and his 3 point shot wasn't even average last year.

We need an athletic 6'9 or 6'10 guy that can rebound. Like a Brandon Clarke type.

I was intrigued by Guerschon Yabusele, but he will sign with the 76ers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet breaks down the money savings by waiving and stretching Nassir Little now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some good video editing. It makes you want to revisit the past.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't know... not a lot of inspiring names still out there. Maybe they would be better served by waiting until after the season starts to see who else might become available.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't know... not a lot of inspiring names still out there. Maybe they would be better served by waiting until after the season starts to see who else might become available.
Teams still have to get down to 15. Every so often a sports podcast will throw out rumors on guys that could potentially come onto the market. May be best to wait and see. We still have assets come the tirade deadline. People are saying don't count on rookies, and you shouldn't. I don't think you look for them to make it on our starting squad. You really look to see if any of them can make the second unit. Depth is where you hope they can give you some minutes. You really hit the jackpot if they can make some first team minutes. I am only looking at best for them to make some back up minutes. Even at that, we have better depth than last year, so the second unit will be harder to make.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams still have to get down to 15. Every so often a sports podcast will throw out rumors on guys that could potentially come onto the market. May be best to wait and see. We still have assets come the tirade deadline. People are saying don't count on rookies, and you shouldn't. I don't think you look for them to make it on our starting squad. You really look to see if any of them can make the second unit. Depth is where you hope they can give you some minutes. You really hit the jackpot if they can make some first team minutes. I am only looking at best for them to make some back up minutes. Even at that, we have better depth than last year, so the second unit will be harder to make.
Tirade deadline? I thought we could rant all through the year? (great typo btw)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season is going to be a powder keg for Suns fans. I can't wait. If the Suns get off to a great start it might inject some hope. However, if the Suns are a .500 basketball team 30 games in? Collective heads will explode leading to the trade deadline.

Should be fun around here.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet breaks down the money savings by waiving and stretching Nassir Little now.

If you wouldn't sign him for that, why would you keep him for that? This is a good move. Teams are always trying to move players during training camp. Maybe there is someone worthwhile to pick up then.