Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I can’t watch Kyle Lowry wobble around flopping on this team. I’d rather roll with Cam Payne who’s one of my least favorite Suns of all time but like Main said we can’t be choosers. What is Spencer Dinwiddie up to these days?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t watch Kyle Lowry wobble around flopping on this team. I’d rather roll with Cam Payne who’s one of my least favorite Suns of all time but like Main said we can’t be choosers. What is Spencer Dinwiddie up to these days?

Spencer Dinwiddle would be a disaster here. That guy is a real "rock pounder", dude wastes eons of time doing absolutely nothing whenever the ball touches his hands.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Get me a couple of these point guards: Delon Wright, Reggie Jackson, Cam Payne, Kris Dunn, Kyle Lowry, Raul Neto, Monte Morris, Dennis Smith Jr. or someone else who becomes available.

IMO, the Suns did Cam Payne wrong, but he alone is not the answer.

I think that both Wright and Morris are reasonable targets, who could help the Suns. I doubt that Lowry, Dunn or Payne will be available for the vet min. Reggie Jackson is too shot-happy for my taste as a backup PG. Neto is a borderline NBA player and god save us from Dennis Smith Jr.'s selfishness.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I was just reading today, after he left the Suns, he was traded twice! But he still managed to improve his three point shooting to 40 percent. Still, I agree there are guys I like better. However, we have to get them to agree to play for vet minimum. Kyle Lowry, who I know is old, his stat line is intriguing. I am also intrigued by Delon Wright. I think Kris Dunn is too hot of a commodity for us to get.
Payne is worth it just to bring the ball up - the Big 3 were Brutal bringing the ball up with Booker being the worst

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Royce signs an extension, 4 years $44 million.

I hope it's annual payout declines as it goes on.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Eh… that’s less than I feared.

So, off the bench we’re gonna have Royce and Dunn at least. Who’s gonna be vet minimum back up PG/C to round that bench out?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if CP3 would be open to a return. I'd prefer him to Lowry.

Not going to lie, if we could somehow bring in CP3 and Payne to share PG duties I'd actually feel a lot more invested in this team.
No you wouldn’t. You’d watch the first 5 games and realize they didn’t fix anything.

At this point I am actually almost hoping we get one of these pg’s just so I can say I told you so.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He will be traded at the first opportunity. He is a contract to move above all else.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No you wouldn’t. You’d watch the first 5 games and realize they didn’t fix anything.

At this point I am actually almost hoping we get one of these pg’s just so I can say I told you so.

I didn't say they would contend. I said they would be more enjoyable to watch. Last year's team was about as fun as the Beasley Suns. Definitely a low point and in the bottom 3 of least enjoyable to watch Suns teams over this millennium.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He will be traded at the first opportunity. He is a contract to move above all else.

I'm not so sure without any player or team options. Seems weird to give him a 4 year guarantee if we're going to deal him asap. I think it increases the possibility Grayson is dealt.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm not so sure without any player or team options. Seems weird to give him a 4 year guarantee if we're going to deal him asap. I think it increases the possibility Grayson is dealt.
It works well for a trade because the team getting him as him under control for 3.5 years. We can't trade him for 6 months.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It works well for a trade because the team getting him as him under control for 3.5 years. We can't trade him for 6 months.

But he's a 30 year old role player. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine rotation player but teams won't be lining up to add long term salary. It's close to the MLE and most of those deals are 2-3 years. This is 4 without options and fully guaranteed. It's not a great trade chip.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Suns have a good chance at keeping both Josh Okogie and Damion Lee.

The roster is starting to come together, with Royce O'Neale and Bol Bol to sign.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It sounds like the Suns have a good chance at keeping both Josh Okogie and Damion Lee.

The roster is starting to come together, with Royce O'Neale and Bol Bol to sign.

Weird, the report last week was that he was going to opt in.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When are we going to hear about free agent signings and such? Sorry, I am un familiar with the NBA calendar dates.

Just waiting to hear the Suns trading Beal for Kyrie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When are we going to hear about free agent signings and such? Sorry, I am un familiar with the NBA calendar dates.

Just waiting to hear the Suns trading Beal for Kyrie.
Number one, tomorrow is when we should start hearing some real news.

And number two, Beal isn't getting traded.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm