Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team has lots of offense. It needs defense. If any of these rookies turns out, ONeal is redundant. We really need to trade Beal and ONeal. Preferably for a quality point guard and maybe a pick of some sort. Guess we will wait on Royce until December.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team has lots of offense. It needs defense. If any of these rookies turns out, ONeal is redundant. We really need to trade Beal and ONeal. Preferably for a quality point guard and maybe a pick of some sort. Guess we will wait on Royce until December.

There is no shot that Beal gets traded. He’s probably got the worst contact in the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the Suns roster as it stands at the moment. It is still tentative.

If Damion Lee and Josh Okogie return, it would give the Suns 13 players. The Suns would still have two roster spots open.

The Suns will likely add a point guard, which would get them to 14. That still leaves a room for a 15th standard roster player and two more two-way contract players.

1. Kevin Durant
2. Bradley Beal
3. Devin Booker
4. Jusuf Nurkic
5. Grayson Allen
6. Royce O'Neale
7. Nassir Little
8. Bol Bol
9. David Roddy
10. Josh Okogie
11. Damion Lee
12. Ryan Dunn
13. Oso Ighodaro
14. __________
15. __________

Two Way Contracts:

1. Jalen Bridges

Exhibit 10 Deals:

Tyrese Samuel

Boo Buie

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Center Thomas Bryant would be an interesting player for the Suns to go after for the vet minimum.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So he will be eligible for a 12-13M contract after this year if he blows up.

As I understand it, it would allow the Suns to pay Bol Bol 175 percent of his previous salary or 104.5 percent of the average league salary. It's whichever is higher.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the Suns roster as it stands at the moment. It is still tentative.

If Damion Lee and Josh Okogie return, it would give the Suns 13 players. The Suns would still have two roster spots open.

The Suns will likely add a point guard, which would get them to 14. That still leaves a room for a 15th standard roster player and two more two-way contract players.

1. Kevin Durant
2. Bradley Beal
3. Devin Booker
4. Jusuf Nurkic
5. Grayson Allen
6. Royce O'Neale
7. Nassir Little
8. Bol Bol
9. David Roddy
10. Josh Okogie
11. Damion Lee
12. Ryan Dunn
13. Oso Ighodaro
14. __________
15. __________

Two Way Contracts:

1. Jalen Bridges

Exhibit 10 Deals:

Tyrese Samuel

Boo Buie
Different things I have read, we still may be looking for a big. In addition to a PG.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns fans on twitter are pie in the sky. They have it in their heads that we are likely to get Kessler from the Jazz in exchange for Nurk and a future pick.

I'm pretty sure we'd have to pair Nurk with a pick just to get off that contract.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns fans on twitter are pie in the sky. They have it in their heads that we are likely to get Kessler from the Jazz in exchange for Nurk and a future pick.

I'm pretty sure we'd have to pair Nurk with a pick just to get off that contract.
Yes, but considering that the Wolves was able to get #8 for a 2031 pick and a pick swap, it is not out of the question that the Suns could get Kessler for Nurkic (who might be a negative value or might be not) and a distant future 1st rounder.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, but considering that the Wolves was able to get #8 for a 2031 pick and a pick swap, it is not out of the question that the Suns could get Kessler for Nurkic (who might be a negative value or might be not) and a distant future 1st rounder.

I think it's 10000% out of the question.

The Spurs got 1st for a future unprotected first and a pick swap. The Spurs are gambling that they'll be better than the Wolves down the road... and even if they are not, it's still a pick for a pick.

The idea that the Jazz are going to give up an already solid young player on his rookie deal, for a vet on a terrible contract and a pick 7 years out, it's bonkers.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

1. Kevin Durant
2. Bradley Beal
3. Devin Booker
4. Jusuf Nurkic
5. Grayson Allen
6. Royce O'Neale
7. Nassir Little
8. Bol Bol
9. David Roddy
10. Josh Okogie
11. Damion Lee
12. Ryan Dunn
13. Oso Ighodaro
14. __________
15. __________

Two Way Contracts:

1. Jalen Bridges

Exhibit 10 Deals:

Tyrese Samuel

Boo Buie
At minimum we need a starting serviceable PG with a competent backup.

With roster positions dwindling it seems that the coaching staff is considering Beal as the team’s starting PG?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

With roster positions dwindling it seems that the coaching staff is considering Beal as the team’s starting PG?
Which means that Beal has to go to the bench. And if he does where does Allen fit in? Our best chance to get a point guard might be with an Allen trade in 6 months.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it's 10000% out of the question.

The Spurs got 1st for a future unprotected first and a pick swap. The Spurs are gambling that they'll be better than the Wolves down the road... and even if they are not, it's still a pick for a pick.

The idea that the Jazz are going to give up an already solid young player on his rookie deal, for a vet on a terrible contract and a pick 7 years out, it's bonkers.
You think that Kessler is worth more than #8 of this year?

From Suns' point of view Nurkic is easily replaceable with Little in this proposal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whether it's Beal and Booker playing point guard, the Suns still need a rotation point guard. I don't think the Suns are looking for a starter at this position because they don't have the assets and Beal wants to start.