Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
As I recall, the Suns liked Brent Barry as a player and always wanted him on the team. The Suns always liked certain type of personalities that fit their image and style.
We did get Vinny Del Negro. A reasonable facsimile.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As I recall, the Suns liked Brent Barry as a player and always wanted him on the team. The Suns always liked certain type of personalities that fit their image and style.

He got bought out by the Spurs in 08
and nearly came here but chose to return to San Antonio. We ended up with Gordon Giricek.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got bought out by the Spurs in 08
and nearly came here but chose to return to San Antonio. We ended up with Gordon Giricek.

Too bad Barry didn't come here.

The name Giricek is made for a pitcher in baseball. Now pitching Gordon...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Jazz waive 21-year-old power forward Kenny Lofton Jr.

He might be worth a look.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Looks like he has a little of Chuck in him especially with that outside shot. I thought of Barkley as soon as I saw that stroke.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like he has a little of Chuck in him especially with that outside shot. I thought of Barkley as soon as I saw that stroke.

The same here. Phoenix could use a big body that could root down low.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the Suns culture, delusionally confident impatience?
Apparently it’s good enough to just nab a very solid starting PG, who was the best on the market, for peanuts, that no one here thought we had a chance at at the beginning of the offseason… or even four hours ago.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the Suns culture, delusionally confident impatience?

I'm not sure anymore, but the Suns championship train is up and running again with the signing of Tyus Jones.

The Suns could use one more big man if they want to strengthen their chances.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm not sure anymore, but the Suns championship train is up and running again with the signing of Tyus Jones.

The Suns could use one more big man if they want to strengthen their chances.
I would say with our facilities, and with Ishbia and JJ, they are convincing free agents this is a legit place to come to. It surely isn't the money, although they can see if they become indispensable like Allen and O'Neale, they will get a bag here. This next season we have Bol Bol's bird rights, so this season is big for him!

Reaction score
I am guessing that Josh Okogie is a great teammate and "locker-room guy," and his teammates like him and wanted him back. Because I didn't understand why the Suns would re-sign someone so useless on offense when they just drafted a player whom I see as a superior version of Okogie. Dunn seems able to do everything Okogie does, but do it better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am guessing that Josh Okogie is a great teammate and "locker-room guy," and his teammates like him and wanted him back. Because I didn't understand why the Suns would re-sign someone so useless on offense when they just drafted a player whom I see as a superior version of Okogie. Dunn seems able to do everything Okogie does, but do it better.
Okogie is an effort guy. Coaches like guys they know they can expect full effort from whenever they call on them. Though okogie and Dunn seem somewhat redundant, having two on a 15 man roster isn’t going to kill the squad.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jusuf Nurkic has slimmed down and worked on his 3-point shooting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns reportedly are in a good spot with Kevin Durant per CEO Josh Bartelstein.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

Durant’s current four-year contract for $194 million ends in 2025-26 and he will become an unrestricted free agent. When asked if the Suns had offered the extension, Bartelstein declined to get into “that level of specifics.”

Durant became eligible to sign the extension on July 12. He would have until Oct. 21 to sign.

“We talk all the time,” Bartelstein said about the constant dialogue he and Suns president of basketball operations and general manager, James Jones, have constant dialogue with Durant and Kleiman.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No idea where to put this, so here it'll go I guess:
The trees look like Flagstaff. The facilities look like Northern California. Baldwin Senior High School Michigan?

Last edited: